It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs (and Paranormal) on TV?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm in the US, ditched my cable a while back, and am curious how many (non-fiction) UFO/Paranormal programs are on television these days. As far as I know, there are at least two shows, Fact or Faked and Ancient Aliens. Anything else? Are they well done- examination or exploitation?

I'm also interested in the UFO coverage outside the US. What shows of this kind are on in your country?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I really haven't seen anything else besides the two you mentioned.

The History channel will sometimes do re-runs of UFO Files (a good show in my opinion) and occasionally UFO hunters (a bad show imo).

On my Dish network there is a channel called 'planet green' or something that sometimes shows UFO related episodes of Unsolved Mysteries or just UFO documentaries in general.

But in terms of running current shows there really aren't that many.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
No ufo shows in my country, other than fact or faked.

I actually don't think people care that much about aliens and UFO's these days.
Unfortunately.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
We have a few documentaries over here in the UK, channel 4 are probably the most least bias when it comes to showing both sides - Either way though, the documentaries always seem to end with the conclusion swaying to the idea of the event been a fabrication of your mind or other peoples and not really been a conspiracy.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CardDown

There is also Ghost adventures . Can't think of any others really.
second line

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There are trends in media programming, for example how many shows about science do you see on TV? Far fewer than 10 years ago. I remember they used to play "Stephen Hawking's Universe" on PBS nearly once a month in the late nineties, along with countless other shows on Einstein, Quantum Mechanics, etc.

It isn't that people no longer have an interest in science, rather the people who decide the programming are "guided" by reasons to present and emphasize other programming.

Anyway If your internet access is fast enough, you can view or download nearly any and every UFO show or episode produced.

Youtube is a great place to watch UFO related shows.

UFOTV has posted many of their videos, in complete form,on youtube:

www.youtube.com...

Youtube has nearly all UFO hunters episodes:

UFO Hunters Season 1:

www.youtube.com...

UFO Hunters Season 2:

www.youtube.com...

UFO Hunters Season 3:

www.youtube.com...

Here is a link to an ATS Forum Post where a member posted several UFO documentaries from youtube:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can quite literally spend days or months looking at UFO videos on the internet and not come close to viewing all of them.
edit on 4-5-2012 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
I actually don't think people care that much about aliens and UFO's these days.
Unfortunately.

You may be right, but I prefer to think they are just not interested in watching people like Giorgio Tsoukalos or Bill Birnes.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by deloprator20000
Thanks for posting those resources. I have been watching quite a bit of what's available online. The wealth of material suggests there is a strong untapped ongoing interest in the phenomena.

I'm just trying to keep an eye on how the mainstream media is treating the subject.

top topics

join