It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auto Insurance is a Fruadalent Enterprise. How do you stop participating?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Been there done that, didn't work. I'm not going to endanger my life to shave of gas expenses any longer, I did that for a year. It's not realistic. Not with the mentality of drivers and their poor driving habits. They have no respect for the lives of scooterists.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kreese

It wouldn't necessarily need to be run by the government either, it could be run by non-profit companies that would be strictly adherent towards filling speedy claims and getting people their just desserts, if this were the case and if you went a certain period of time with out creating or participating in an accident I think you should have a portion refunded.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pacal Votan
reply to post by wishful1gnorance

If you are 25 and have paid 20K in insurance then I would say you need to shop your insurance around.

Now, you can approach this the way a large corporation would. A company stands to make billions on a product but said company knows to produce this product will result in a polluted river. The exposure of polluting the river is 250 million (if caught)...see where I am going?

At 25 you have yet to have an accident but you have already spent 20k on insurance. A minor "fender bender" may cost you 3-10k?

Do the math.

Have your vehicle registration and inspection due at the same time.

just sayin..

Don't get flippant with me bud, I'm willing to address my personal nature of this problem, that's not the topic of the thread, in all reality it's about changing the system by finding like minded people trying to work out a very complex and aggravating problem. I don't know what kinda fender bender's you've been but if it costs you $10k then it was more than a fender bender. If I had the bare minimum insurance right now I'd be paying ~$115, but so that I would actually be covered under my insurance I picked an extended coverage plan, which I am willing paying a little more for, especially since it's something I already am being forced to pay for. If I wasn't required to, I'd drop it all and take my chances, with my 20g's in pocket. Is there as system of insurance that you think may be more reliable/reasonable/efficient/well-adjusted/non-profit way of addressing Auto-Insurance in this nation other than what is already in place?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Oh and don't forget, if you have had financial difficulties and therefore bad credit, that is another reason these so called insurance companies raise your rates!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

I dont see how it is a conspiracy, insurance is a daily need, a nescessity, much like water and sewerage services.

Did the water company take your money you gave them for water and buy mortgage backed securities with it? Because the insurance companies did that a few years ago trying to make money on all the money they held as... you know... insurance.

Insurance is a complete and utter scam in the US and Canada. And it is not even close to what insurance should be.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

Nice, that is always something on the back of my mind, getting away and have a fully-sustainable dwelling. I'd like to get to that point personally. Even If I still had to participate in some forms, school systems, taxes, etc. That would be fine, infact I'm not saying every nook and cranny of the system is a corrupt entity, there a few things left that don't go after our money every second of the day. But how do we get there, what are the first steps? Is Auto-Insurance reform one of the biggies? I think so since it addresses so many people, and I'd go so far to estimate that the people that get screwed and the people that are being helped by the system is probably around 50/50, but surely the with the intellect we posses we can create/discover a better system and this is truly the point I'm trying to have discussed.

The fact that every other drive by is like, just ride a bike, shut up stop complaining and the rest of the like shows the inability of the general public to make any kind of difference. While I included some personal details, which maybe I shouldn't have now that I look back on it, it was intended to be the highlight many seem to be making it out to be. I appreciate your comments though, I like it when square pegs fit in round holes, there is always room for a well informed, alternative opinion.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't know about other states but here in NJ if you want to drive you better have insurance. Being caught without insurance will cost you court fees, towing fees, fines, loss of license. And if you decide to stop driving for a few years and then go back to driving the insurance company may not cover you because of your lack of insurance coverage for so many years, some insurance companys here will not take you if you have gone without insurance for six months. And make sure you pay your bills on time because if you have bad credit your going to pay almost twice as much for car insurance here then someone with good credit. I won't even go into how much the rates go up if you have points on your license. We (husband and I) have two cars, paid off mind you and we do have higher coverage then liability, it cost us 2,000 a year. We have good credit and no points at all. But driving is a priviledge so we either have to pay up or go without and to be honest I like being able to jump in my car and go when I want to.

Good luck hope your situation gets better

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Auto Insurance is a Fruadalent Enterprise. How do you stop participating?

The entire insurance industry is the biggest leech on the economy ever conceived. They practically own nearly every sector of your local, state and federal government, buying laws as needed to force people to keep them rolling in dough.

Examples?

Seatbelt laws. Yes, it is a good idea to wear them but... dang it, if you don't and you have an accident, get tossed through your windshield and end up as part of a telephone pole, you're only hurting yourself. But... medical claims go down if you wear them so the insurance industry bought the laws so you would be forced to wear them. NOTE: This does not speak to child restraints. They should be mandatory.

Public events. At one time, events like river raft races and public gatherings for free outdoor concerts were the norm. But because the insurance industry began hitting them heavy, most municipalities could no longer afford them. The result is that... if you try to rafting on anything NOT approved by some government entity (that supports insurance tyranny), you can be arrested. Forget the days of Huck Finn or swinging from a rope into a stream or river.

Health Insurance. Fully half of what you pay to see a doctor, go to the hospital or get outpatient care, goes to the insurance industry. They have placed themselves squarely between the consumer and the market. You simply cannot go see your personal physician anymore unless you do business with them. If this multi-billion dollar leech did not exist between you and your doctor, costs would come down. But... since the industry practically owns the government, any remedy for healthcare in this nation will include them as part of a 'fix'.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
get 1000 people together and chip in 100$ a month in a bank account for 1 year
then you have 1 million dollars.
then all you need to do is have have every one chip in if an accident is reported
most accidents will not go more than 100 000$.
so it would never cost more than 100$ eny time there is a claim... you get the drif..

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Is auto insurance really a must-have according to the law in america? I'm from Australia and no one needs to have it at all but I think it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Wrong, driving is a right, because you are guaranteed the right to travel. Besides if you can afford to pay 45000 to get a car, then you can afford to pay for your own insurance. Obviously there is something wrong with insurance companies because they are making a profit.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I don't condone fraud or counterfeiting one bit, but I know of someone who used to print fake proofs of auto-insurance every 6 months to keep in his car in case a cop pulled him over. This guy didn't make much money and he had a lot of speeding tickets when he first started driving, so insurance was costing him like $300/month, just for liability. He dropped his insurance to afford rent and the actual car payment (plus other bills) and just kept printing off doctored insurance forms with the effective policy dates changed to keep in his car after the real one expired. Cops CAN check the actual validity of an insurance proof, but 99.99% of the time they don't. They run your plates and your license for any warrants, but the proof of insurance is proof enough at face value if you don't have anything alarming on your record, like active warrants or a suspended license.

Again, I'm not saying to do that, especially since if you actually get in a wreck, imaginary insurance isn't going to pay for jack-squat lol. But if you truly trust your driving habits and you can't afford the scam that is auto-insurance, hey... you gotta do what you gotta do.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What do auto insurance and the oil industry have in common? Both are crooked industries.

How do you stop participating? Stop driving. There is no other way.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Not gonna lie, I hate auto insurance. I'm a young male with an irresponsibly fast, bright red car. I've only ever received one speeding ticket (76 in a 65mph speed trap), but it still ends up costing me an arm and a leg. However, I still have to disagree with the premise.

I'm usually against any form of mandate, but in this case I just can't find a way to justify not having a mandate. Let's say you don't have mandated car insurance. Driver A hits driver B, and does $10000 in damages. Driver A doesn't have insurance to cover the damages, and driver B doesn't have any insurance. Where does the money come from - especially if driver B didn't even have enough to cover the expenses, and he needs his car for work? Let's say driver B does have insurance, and driver A doesn't have any? Does driver B's insurance premium go up just because he got hit by someone else? And what would be the alternative to mandated private insurance, a government program? Now that would be a real nightmare...

The case of car insurance is much different from health insurance. The only person you're putting at risk is yourself wen it comes to health insurance. When you don't buy car insurance, you're putting everyone around you at risk.

So many (rhetorical) questions, I know.
Food for thought though.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Get a horse and buggy, works for the Amish

The Amish I've seen drive pick up trucks.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
the system is designed to bleed money from our wage (slave) packet ...

i do think it is an essential to have insurance ,though it needs to be completely overhauled to make it affordable.

when it comes to money,it will take a revolution to change the main goals of a system that elected governments (puppets) have no control over.....

they put up tax every year ..mostly using stealth taxes, V.A.T, fuel duty,car tax,house tax, etc

basically everything we touch or eat is subject to tax in some form ...

greed and profits are killing a perfectly good system if used fairly and morally ....

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Stop driving.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I hear you and your words indeed resonate with me.

I have been cogitating on how exactly I can drop off the grid, (as I don't want to participate in this sickening charade anymore) without living in a cave and eating moss..and, unfortunately, the only thing I can come up with is money.

Lots and lots of money.

Money to get land, money to drop in generators with water/solar/wind whatever. Money to tend a farm and possibly livestock...I do not know of a way to incrementally drop off the grid. Money to keep the IRS out of your face (if one stays in America). Not to mention the transition between becoming self-reliant with food vs. shopping at the grocery store (or wherever it is you shop to get food)

So, I for one will be reading through this thread to see solutions, as most, if not all my solutions for reaching your (our) goal suck.

SnF and GL.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Insurance is a fraud and a scam in the USA. It has been proven time and time again, that insurance will screw you while you pay high premiums and then really screw your family over when it comes time to make a claim and they find a reason not to pay out. 90% of the time your USA insurance companies find ways not to pay out.

Here in Canada. It is amazing! If you have a good driving record, you don't have any speeding tickets or at fault accidents and you drive a normal vehicle (ie: not a sports car/modified car) your insurance is usually about 50-100$ a month. If you have tickets, for each ticket of any kind that you get or at fault accident you are in, your premium goes up by 15%. That is more than fair. When you make a claim, it is paid out 100%. Every single time.
For Life insurance...Same guarantee. you pay a premium, you get approved for the insurance, when your family makes a claim, or if you make a claim (health insurance) you are paid out according to your coverage, 100%

Our insurance laws and provisions are top notch! Next to India we have the next best insurance coverage bar none.

So instead of not participating, move to Canada and get out while you still can OP.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
"... I work full time and go to school full time and have little to no social life, I pick up side jobs, I tutor, fix computers, provide consultation to several people for networking services, I mow lawns, I draw stencils for ice carvings, I make custom designed plastics, I produce video montages, I do what ever is necessary to make ends meet. However, I've run out of options..."

Stop the school.
It will be useless whatever you study, no matter what kind of diploma you get.
All useless in a few years from now, especially beyond 2020.

Don't listen to people saying: Work hard and you'll get ahead!
While it was true 50 years ago, it is simply not true ANY MORE.

All my family members are out of school by now, all of us on the farm.

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join