It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beastie Boys Co-Founder Adam Yauch Dead at 47

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Wow! So sad. I didn't even know he was sick. So many good memories from the 90's associated with their music.

www.rollingstone.com...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Sad sad news in the music world

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
That sucks. i didn't know he was sick either. When i was 10, i listened to Licensed To Ill nonstop on my Sony Walkman. RIP Adam (MCA).

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Noooooooo!!!

heres the best video ever RIP dude.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Kinda gutted.

Big fan of the Beasties. Have a White Label of Licensed to Ill somewhere. Sad to see him pass away, at not much older than me

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The end of an era.
Rest well MCA.
It hasn't yet sunk in properly for me.
I am hammering Hello Nasty,the in sound from way out and pauls boutique on my speakers this night,as a mark of respect.

The soundtrack to my best years-hip hop skate brothers,but with a message of peace,through funky rap vibes.

Ill communications forever Adam.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I agree, one of the greatest songs ever.

I think that video won awards when it came out.
edit on 4-5-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
And to think I just posted a Beastie vid a few days ago on the site. The Beastie Boys were one of the few Rap groups that I bothered to listen to and with good reason. R.I.P.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I guess the thread that I commented on was closed. Any way, I thought I'd post it here too, to show some attribute to the man.

They say a lot of people come back to this world to settle a karmic problem or to solve something, then once they do there is no reason for them to stay in this world any more.

Adam Yauch was a Buddhist and also donated much of his money and was actively involved with the Tibetan Independence Movement and also organized the Tibetan Freedom Concert. Russel Simmons once said that Adam Yauch "was incredibly sweet and the most sensitive artist, who I loved dearly.", which is something I have no problem believing about this awesome man.

Salivary gland cancerous tumors are extremely rare, even then.. they are usually very treatable by surgical removal. Adam Yauch even stated that his tumor at the time was "very treatable". He also began a vegan under the recommendation of his Tibetan doctor. There was no indication that he would die from this and it would not be at all expected.

I think Adam Yauch came to this world, was given the tools to become famous and popular, and then was able to use that fame and money to help the people of Tibet and others. He helped them tremendously and had no other responsibilities on this world. He was done here and it was his time.

I don't think his death was a bad thing. I think he is in a good place now and was able to settle his past karma. However, I'll still miss him and his music. He was great and I can't help but wonder if the other guys are still going to put out tunes.

"I want to offer my love and respect to the end." - Sureshot, Adam "MCA" Yauch (1964-2012)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
I guess the thread that I commented on was closed. Any way, I thought I'd post it here too, to show some attribute to the man.

They say a lot of people come back to this world to settle a karmic problem or to solve something, then once they do there is no reason for them to stay in this world any more.

Adam Yauch was a Buddhist and also donated much of his money and was actively involved with the Tibetan Independence Movement and also organized the Tibetan Freedom Concert. Russel Simmons once said that Adam Yauch "was incredibly sweet and the most sensitive artist, who I loved dearly.", which is something I have no problem believing about this awesome man.

Salivary gland cancerous tumors are extremely rare, even then.. they are usually very treatable by surgical removal. Adam Yauch even stated that his tumor at the time was "very treatable". He also began a vegan under the recommendation of his Tibetan doctor. There was no indication that he would die from this and it would not be at all expected.

I think Adam Yauch came to this world, was given the tools to become famous and popular, and then was able to use that fame and money to help the people of Tibet and others. He helped them tremendously and had no other responsibilities on this world. He was done here and it was his time.

I don't think his death was a bad thing. I think he is in a good place now and was able to settle his past karma. However, I'll still miss him and his music. He was great and I can't help but wonder if the other guys are still going to put out tunes.

"I want to offer my love and respect to the end." - Sureshot, Adam "MCA" Yauch (1964-2012)

Someone here said Hip Hop is a bad thing. Whole thread about it somewhere .

This is the guy that helped me grow up in the 80's.

I cried like a baby for a good two hours this morning.

It was like a loss in my family.

all those memories.

He help build a genre of music that I cant live without.

I qoute his rhymes everyday.

Everyday.

This is so devistating to me.

I had started a thread here congratulating them on their induction to the hall of fame and it was promplty closed due to racism.

Racism.

I just wanted to express my happiness for them.

Congrats to my favorite Jewish Brothers!!

Now my favorite B-Boy is gone.

Im actually tearing up as I write this.

These boys ment so much to me, You dont understand.

I am crushed. So crushed.

Thank you Adam.

Thank you for all the joy you brought to all of us who loved your music.

RIP Adam

We will miss you.

gotdamit!!!!!

edit on 5-5-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
And I am goin’ to the limits of my ultimate destiny,
Feeling as though somebody somewhere is testin’ me.
He who sees the end from the beginning of time
Looking forward through all the ages:
Is, was, and always shall be.
- MCA, “B-Boy Bouillabaisse (A Year And A Day),” from Beastie Boys’ Paul’s Boutique

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

I want to know why his was untreatable. And Have the other two beasties made any statements? I can't find anything.

top topics

join