It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, Research, And How YOU Became A Part of History!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I came to a realization today. If we are looking for our ancestors in this time, we have websites that can give us clues to where they lived, where they worked, and what they did, even where they came from.

For our future relatives it will be a bit easier, and a bit more insightful, such as research into our "anonymous" screen names, that would eventually maybe even lead to ATS archives. While others are on Facebook, clicking the like button on mayonnaise, those of us here will leave a different kind of impression for future generations.

At times I wonder what is the real impact that can be made at a place like ATS in the long run, and though at times I found it possibly worthless, its because I wasn't really thinking about the long run. If its true that our internet "footprint" will not be erased, then those of us members that participate will in fact leave clues to what we stood for, and how we were truly outside the box from so many others.

We will be a known to our future generations as UFO enthusiasts, political debaters, and all around concerned citizens in a vast world of those who choose to ignore things that were important to us. In a world of billions of people, we will be included with a small few that questioned our planet, those that inhabit it, and those that were using knowledge to try to change it.

I for one am proud to have this type of "inclusion", as should we all!!!

All in all this is a "thank you" to those that have been a part of a history for which I would hope my family would later find, and be proud to call me a relative.

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Can you imagine reading some of these ridiculous posts after having written them years down the road?
It just follows that one should be honest and knowledgable.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I dont know, even some my more "controversial"/"dumber" posts/threads, I dont mind being attached to me, we all have to learn sometimes

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
and to think a lot of what they read will only be relevant to the times we find ourselves in,
it will be a completely different world when their eyes read these lines.

i'm not sure what clear cut message i'd like to leave to the future,
maybe live in the moment, it's the only one you'll ever have.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
While others are on Facebook, clicking the like button on mayonnaise, those of us here will leave a different kind of impression for future generations.

I like mayonnaise, but not mayonnaise that has a Facebook page. There's something disturbingly earnest about Facebook mayonnaise.

My daughter told me, "Don't worry. No one's going to miss the fact that you existed." She's right. As long as a person keep pushing their thoughts out into the world in a perceivable medium, their legacy is assured. This place is definitely unique among the Internet communities I've been a part of over the last 15 years. Plenty of crazies, plenty of haters, plenty of idiots, and definitely plenty of good, honest thinkers who have that need to reach out and connect with others whether they're likeminded or not.

This is the only place I let occupy my time anymore.
edit on 5/5/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join