It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you hear about the white Marine recently killed by 4 black men? Of course not!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Yet another murder you won’t see Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton protesting . . . or all of the major news networks and media outlets covering like it’s the story of the year. Now, if it was the reverse and four White thugs beat to death a Black U.S. Marine who served two tours of duty in Iraq, this would be top o’ the news all over the place. Oh, and “conservative” race-baiter and National Review editor Rich Lowry would be outraged, the way he was for Trayvon Martin (and praised the Black Panthers and Sharpton). But when it’s four Black men beating the White U.S. Marine to death, it’s the sound of crickets chirping.

SOURCE

I have no social agenda in posting this. Rather, as a former US Marine, I am sharing what I have learned about this and putting it out there for others to know...because you are not going to learn about in the MSM.

Why?

Too dangerous and socially sensitive.

Shelby Steele, is an author, a Fellow at the Hoover Institute, and a black American who writes and researches on social disunities such as this and I subscribe to some his theories, especially those related to racial issues in the US.

In 1955 the killers of Emmett Till, a black Mississippi youth, were acquitted because they were white. Forty years later, despite the strong DNA evidence against him, accused murderer O. J. Simpson went free after his attorney portrayed him as a victim of racism. The age of white supremacy has given way to an age of white guilt—and neither has been good for African Americans.

White Guilt

Anytime something this occurs, anytime someone's life is taken from them, it is an avoidable tragedy. Regardless of color! This is supposed to be unacceptable behavior in our society.

Wanna know what else is unacceptable? NOT reporting these events- on the basis of color.

IMHO - the spineless MSM should reach down and step up and report like they're supposed to. Good thing we don't need them anymore, what with the expansive communication technologies available to us.

So if they are not willing to air it out, I will be.

This is more than "who did what to who." This is also about why it is not being reported.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
You wont hear about it because Black on White crime is just called "Crime". White on black crime is a "Hate Crime". There is a very large double standard in our country and everyone is just so use to going along with it because no one wants to offend another race or to cause a big scene. We just sit back and accept it. At some point this has to change. People need to be held accountable for their crimes and treated the same.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

And people believe white people are the only racists??

I don't discriminate against the color of anyone's skin, but this stuff really irks me that some still do to this day!!

Thanks OP for bringing this to our attention....This needs to stop!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So if it's not about race, why isn't the title of your thread "Did you hear about the human being killed by 4 others? Of course not!"?

Does the fact that he was a Marine or that they are black make it any worse that it happened or that it was under-reported?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Why is your title like this : "Did you hear about the white Marine recently killed by 4 black men? Of course not!"?

When it should just say this : "White marine killed by 4 black men" or "Marine killed by 4 men"

Your making this about race...

Stop complaining about the media "not reporting" something.
If you know they don't do it, then they just don't do it. People
constantly complain around here about only black killings
by whites getting reported, when really, thats not the case.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Vandettas because: Major point missing.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The pendulum has swung to the other side, the shoe is on the other foot , what goes around comes around, so on and so forth.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You also wont hear about the other marines that are being killed overseas..

Or how April was the bloodiest month this year in the war....

I'm not saying I disagree with you (there is a major double standard)

But I'm pointing other examples, I completely agree with what you are saying, however the presentation wasn't very good (I think the moderator said it best)

but.. Look at the kid who got locked up, no REAL media attention, Al and Jesse aren't out there asking for equality (he's Asian to boot)

when does the fairness come into play?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
sick of this discussions...everyday is the same thing but in a different thread!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
So if it's not about race, why isn't the title of your thread "Did you hear about the human being killed by 4 others? Of course not!"?

Does the fact that he was a Marine or that they are black make it any worse that it happened or that it was under-reported?

He did it because that is the premise of the article he linked to. That we have something like the Trayvon thing happen and everyone goes out on a limb to crucify the guy when it looks like now it probably had nothing at all to do with race and more to do with circumstance and wrong place, wrong time. Yet when something happens like this Marine being killed its just "Ho Hum, who cares?" If you cant see that its a double standard then something is wrong. Look at it from the other side. If 4 white guys kicked the crap out of 1 black marine do you honestly think the story would not have gotten way more attention?

I understand. His post has nothing to do with this one incident. It has to do with the medias willingness to turn white on black crime into a race issue but black on white crime is just crime. Why is that? Can white people not commit a crime without it being racially motivated?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

The media is making it a race issue. I am pointing that out. did you hear about this story? If not, why not?

Stop chipping away at the surface and get down to the bottom. this is serious.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Thats the question... "why does it have to be race motivated"

It doesn't... but have you gone through that treyvon thread (or any of them)

It's like there are people in there who BUY what the MSM is selling (yet they will spite them later and call them a non-legit source).

But then its racist... Why does it have to be racist? I get what the OP is doing, and I'm sick of the agenda at play too... He's trying to show some light onto crimes that in comparison are as bad or worse than the Treyvon case, yet Tee-shirts aren't being made....

it's sickening really...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Unfortunately, it is convenient for TPTB to flame a race war. They want division. They don't want a united people. It is much easier to conquer a people who are divided.

You will also understand why rap music that speaks to young black males and educates them is unpopular. Why rappers who spoke out against the mess in the world were sidelined, marginalized, or put behind bars on phony charges or were set up.

There is a problem, that's for sure, and the unfortunate part is that people in control do not want to see these problems addressed. They want them to remain, even grow.

Perhaps enough people's eyes will be opened when the SHTF and they'll see all of us have been equally r@ped.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

thanks for the support. unfortunately some cannot see beyond their own sheltered worlds.

This is a socionational issue that, if not addressed and called what it is, could result in more useless, tragic events.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t

thanks for the support. unfortunately some cannot see beyond their own sheltered worlds.

This is a socionational issue that, if not addressed and called what it is, could result in more useless, tragic events.

I only half agree with this statement... The more level headed people yes this will be a wake up call, yet the ones already wound up or those looking for a fight will take this as a "call to action" not a good thing in my book...

Either way, thank you OP for sharing this... It should be Main Stream News, but it will never be.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Absolutely, If issues like this are not addressed and are swept under the rug constantly how are you to fix the problem? It seems to me like most individuals would prefer to keep things like this "under the rug" including a majority here at ATS. SMH

It's a shame that people don't see that, the double standard. Unfortunately this thread will be shut down before the day is over.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gandalph

There is a problem, that's for sure, and the unfortunate part is that people in control do not want to see these problems addressed.

So WE THE PEOPLE, at least those of us awake to the nonsense, can come together and begin to stamp it out.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Let me give the important part of the story which explains why this isn't the same thing as the Trayvon Martin case.

Police have arrested four suspects in connection with the beating death of a former U.S. Marine who was found unconscious outside of a party at a Cobb County, Georgia, apartment complex in March.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Arthur Batchelor, 37, Tarell Secrest, 36, and Jason Hill, 35, were taken into custody on Tuesday for allegedly killing 34-year-old Zachary ‘Zach’ Gamble. Another suspect, 38-year-old Sean Hall, of Atlanta, was arrested on Monday. . . .

All four suspects have been charged with felony murder, aggravated assault and aggravated battery. They are being held without bail in the Cobb County Adult Detention Center, police say

Justice in this case is being served...there is no reason for outrage that justice isn't being done like there was in the Trayvon case.

Hundreds of people are murdered every day...but most of the time people are arrested for it...not let go because their dad knows some judges.

You certainly do have a social agenda here...and it is disgusting in my opinion.
edit on 4-5-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Suppressing news like this is catering to a social agenda. That itself is disgusting.

Think about it.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Well said, you know what else is a social agenda?

The MSM distorting facts on a case.... Yeah especially when race baiters like Al and Jesse are paid by the MSM to do their dirty work...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have a bigger issue with this:
Why do you have an avatar of a man meditating with cosmic energy flowing through his seventh chakra while making a thread like this?

Yes, I'm side stepping the issue of your thread for the apparent spiritual hypocrisy that exists. Christians catch enough hell about it, I figure it's time for meditating hypocrites with enlightened egos to get a taste of it as well. Think about what you're posting, why you're posting it, and what its repercussions will be. Consider what emotion is running through your head and then your heart, now consider it from a removed from human perspective. Is it right? Is it truly right for you to even begin posting something like that for argument or discussion?

It is right to talk about a man being murdered. We must search our selves to discover why it is that murder occurs within the human heart and is then , however, the use of race is beyond disingenuous and hypocritical to the symbol that you wear. To even set a duality or separation in a post while wearing that Avatar is the stuff "secret societies" are accused of all the time. A man wouldn't wear God's name and enter into the realm of divisiveness.

Think about what you're doing before you respond to me. Sit it out, breathe it out, and remove the ego. Was it the proper thing to make such a thread? Will causality flow the way in which promotes or denies the illusion of separation? Think, for one second...does the symbol you wear contradict what you're posting? It's very important...very very important that you're honest with yourself here.

To the thread: Who gives a rat's ass? A man is dead, and he shouldn't be. That's the main issue here. A man is dead, and he shouldn't be. His killers will be found and will not walk away from this situation. A sense of "justice" is being served...where in the case you're posting this in /reaction/ to...justice may not be in play. It is not for me to decide.

edit on 4-5-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join