It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Romney blasts Obama on jobs, calls April figures 'terrible'

page: 2
3
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
Besides being the most trite and pointless political "attack" these morons fail to understand real world economics; improvements in efficiency REMOVE jobs from the private sector.

Cellphones, internet, PDF's, teleconferencing, electronic tracking of products etc. all REMOVE jobs, as the tech is there to remove physical labor. This is what progress is. More, which the robotic talking heads never speak of, is that private companies DO NOT WANT TO hire more people. There is no badge of honor in hiring loads of workers, the idea is to reduce the workforce, increase efficiency and improve profitability(think Ford and the ModelT). No where in the system is "get to the point where we can just go out and hire people because it is good for America."

The point, there is always going to be job loss from now on, there will be no great wave of company x hiring 100k of new workers tomorrow because their feeling fat and happy. Want proof. Look to how many extra people Apple has hired since they've gone cash rich, market share jabba the hut and stock price obscene? By the zombie candidate speeches Apple should have hired thousands, or hundreds of thousands when the became the most valued company in the world - they didn't.


You could have made that exact same argument just before the World Wide Web showed

up. We are all doomed.

-----
But wait! OMG! Look at all of these - new - companies appearing out of nowhere!

Google - Yahoo - eBay - Amazon ....etc. Jobs - Jobs - Jobs !


All we need is - something new-.

The last something new was the World Wide Web.

The dot com bubble actually gave us a - surplus - (Green Bars) for a few years.




posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
HYPE & BLAME 2012! Let's see how they make this Bush's fault


"Well its the republicans, they refuse to do anything in congress to help the people... I need more power, give me more power"

sound about right?


I have a way for Obama to improve job growth.

Approve the Keystone Pipeline.

It's going to be built eventually. Obama is delaying the inevitable.


What have you been smoking? can I have some?

You are apparently so clueless and wrapped up in what either fox or msnbc tells you that you have lost the ability of free thought.

The Keystone pipleline is a way for them to economically sell canadian oil to the chinese....it will not help us...d-wad....have you even bothered to study the graphs on supply and demand?....The demand is in asia...and they control the prices....whatever they are willing to pay is what the rest of us have to deal with. These f'er corporations that rode our coatails for years have jumped out and siezed an opportunity...well...that's fine in one sense...but I hope they die in another....ifyou have no national loyalty....then pity the nation that gives you shelter....remember the roots of your raising...or...else....



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Damrod
 


Building the Keystone Pipeline will create jobs.

It actually already is.

The southern part is being built at we speak.

Obama went to Oklahoma for a phony photo op.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Damrod
 


Building the Keystone Pipeline will create jobs.

It actually already is.

The southern part is being built at we speak.

Obama went to Oklahoma for a phony photo op.


And are you really so naive to believe this is actually going to effect gas prices? Ok...if you are that silly....it has nothing to do with it....the oil corporations have lost all sense of nationality and justify it through some voodo that sounds good but is a lie.....I hope the implode or explode....either is good enough for me...

There is no getting better...there is no return to prosperity....the powers that be have "globalized" and now they don't care where their next dollar comes from and they don't care who rises or falls....I personally hope for pandemic and the powers that be suck on an influenza straw and die horribly....but that is just me....



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod
 


It's not the end of the world.

You're just being a Mr. Crankypants today.

--------

We will get back on our feet January 2013.

Turn that frown upside down.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


agreed we should have a new president by then

if not at least new senators :-D and more republican congress

either way we should have a victory or two this year

keep your heads up guys!!! We need to be positive!



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Damrod
 


It's not the end of the world.

You're just being a Mr. Crankypants today.

--------

We will get back on our feet January 2013.

Turn that frown upside down.


LOL!....I do get pretty cranky from time to time....

No seriously....

The Keystone pipeline is a grandiose lie to the American people....it will have zero to no effect on our gas prices...it is designed to move that product from the refinery to the tanker and ship it off shore...no....seriously.

"IF" they could guarantee it would reduce our prices....
"IF" they could guarantee it's risk would be rewarded here in the states....I might bite...but they don't and dodge the question when asked.

The Keystone pipeline is a gigantic risk for many at the possible reward of the few....this is totally NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Are you ready to risk the welfare of the aquifer for the profit of the few? Are you ready to see miles of farmland rendered useless (spill) so the oil companies can gain a few more points of profit?...I'm not.

If they want this to go....then they need to issue some solid guarantees.....big and awesome guarantees....

"We guarantee the price of gasoline to drop....we guarantee that thousands will be employed for "x" amount of years....

anything less...then "NO"....you cannot build it.....eat poo and die......

This is a gigantic lie cooked up by the corporate whores....Romney being one of them and Obama playing along but pretending to be one"of us"....no....NO....NO....

for the love of the possible future...please study....the devil is in the details....of which...most empty skulled morons don't bother reading.....



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


agreed we should have a new president by then

if not at least new senators :-D and more republican congress

either way we should have a victory or two this year

keep your heads up guys!!! We need to be positive!


I think just 1 more bad job report like this one will make the DNC call Hillary Clinton.

Her poll numbers are better.

Just imagine 1 more bar on this chart. 1 more shorter bar and Obama is gone.

The SCOTUS killing ObamaCare June 29, 2012 will make everything worse for Obama.

He will be looking for the nearest exit.




posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod
 


I hate to break it to you but the Keystone Pipeline is a done deal.

They already came up with a - new - route that is safer.

Obama is just delaying the inevitable.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


hes waiting for October 2012 to be the hero we all waited for

too little too late!



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


hes waiting for October 2012 to be the hero we all waited for

too little too late!


He won't make it that far.

The Fast & Furious Scandal is bearing down on Eric Holder & Obama.

Obama is doomed.

High Price of Gas + High Unemployment = No Hope

4 more years of this ??? No way.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Damrod
 


I hate to break it to you but the Keystone Pipeline is a done deal.

They already came up with a - new - route that is safer.

Obama is just delaying the inevitable.


Well that sucks....I hate to break to everyone else that this joke provides a couple hundred jobs, tons of economical risk and no chance of helping our gas prices....but...as theology says "if a man be ignorant, let him be ignorant"....if the morons want to think this is going to help...so be it....I just don't want to hear a f'ing peep when the "peanut butter sand paper" bursts a seam and poisons their lands...when it does...."suck it d-bag...you asked for it"....They have no clue how risky this thing is...I work in construction engineering and material handling....if this thing is not constantly and closely monitored...it will cause problems....mark my word on it.
edit on 5/4/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Of course, Romney couldn't come up with any alternatives of how to create jobs, other than telling everyone that "Obama has increased the size of Federal Government by 150,000, and I would end Obamacare".

I wonder how many of the people in the crowd cheering at the GOP ending Obamacare have preexisting conditions that would make them ineligible for health insurance without Obamacare?

I wonder how many of them will be one of the 14 million people that Insurance companies have said will have their healthcare plans cancelled immediately if Obamacare is cancelled?



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So creating Jobs and unemployment going down from over 10% to nearly 8% flat is
a bad thing?

Romney will create jobs, minimum wage jobs for everybody, so his country club friends
can rule over the masses and give them no option but to except the lowest common
denominator.

This entire economic turn of events that Obama is fixing is exactly why America should
not vote for Corporatist Conservatives. Because at least the liberal Corporatists care about
individual people and their standard of living. While Conservatives would see no problem in
employing toddlers and paying people $.15 an hour. Liberals would rather foster the highest
wages then swell the profits of a few.

Are you guys gonna have a raving fit when Obama gets reelected?

How about when the economy fully recovers by 2016?

What the hell are you guys going to say then? You will have to give Obama ALL the credit,
I will love to see you guys wallow in that situation which you have so brilliantly created.


edit on 4-5-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Damrod
 


Building the Keystone Pipeline will create jobs.

It actually already is.

The southern part is being built at we speak.

Obama went to Oklahoma for a phony photo op.


No, it won't. The building of the Keystone Pipeline requires specialized, experienced contractors who are properly trained in the industry. This is NOT grunt work that a $8 an hour construction worker can do, regardless of what the GOP and FOX NEWS will tell you.

If they weren't working on Keystone, those contractors would be working on other pipelines, as oilfield contractors are in high demand.

When the pipeline is completed, those workers will move on to the next project.

No new jobs will be created, at all.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies
 


I agree with you.... my brother does this kind of work for refineries... makes a lot of money.... not just anyone can do it with out specialized training......



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Then someone will propose a plan on how to fix the job market, Romney will quickly jump on the bandwagon and claim that he thought it all up. Once it's considered a failure he will abandon ship and make a stance on how he never sided with the plan in question.
The guy is such a joke.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by crankyoldman
Besides being the most trite and pointless political "attack" these morons fail to understand real world economics; improvements in efficiency REMOVE jobs from the private sector.

Cellphones, internet, PDF's, teleconferencing, electronic tracking of products etc. all REMOVE jobs, as the tech is there to remove physical labor. This is what progress is. More, which the robotic talking heads never speak of, is that private companies DO NOT WANT TO hire more people. There is no badge of honor in hiring loads of workers, the idea is to reduce the workforce, increase efficiency and improve profitability(think Ford and the ModelT). No where in the system is "get to the point where we can just go out and hire people because it is good for America."

The point, there is always going to be job loss from now on, there will be no great wave of company x hiring 100k of new workers tomorrow because their feeling fat and happy. Want proof. Look to how many extra people Apple has hired since they've gone cash rich, market share jabba the hut and stock price obscene? By the zombie candidate speeches Apple should have hired thousands, or hundreds of thousands when the became the most valued company in the world - they didn't.


You could have made that exact same argument just before the World Wide Web showe

up. We are all doomed.

-----
But wait! OMG! Look at all of these - new - companies appearing out of nowhere!

Google - Yahoo - eBay - Amazon ....etc. Jobs - Jobs - Jobs !


All we need is - something new-.

The last something new was the World Wide Web.

The dot com bubble actually gave us a - surplus - (Green Bars) for a few years.


Your point doesn't make much sense. I stand by the contention that business is not in business to employ people, and if a job can be done without employing people it is incumbent upon the company to do so as the corporations must make a profit and local business must stay alive.

As for prior to dot com and now, you are most likely using standard government statistics to make your point, which have been proven time and time again to be fraudulent. You'll also note that while Amazon created jobs, Amazon also put lots of local shops out of business: see the Walmat model for proof of that process. Jobs don't just materialize in a fiat currency economy, a certain number of poor and out of work need to exist to make the rich rich.

The only job creator, from thin air, is the government but in order to do this it must do one of two things: Tax people, or print money and both create jobs on one area while reducing them in another. Cutting taxes on local businesses will not employ people, those businesses do barely fine now, so they'll just keep the cash.

I reiterate my point: Apple should be the model of trickle down economics (David Stockman the inventor of the theory called is lies) and Apple sits on its cash.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


agreed we should have a new president by then

if not at least new senators :-D and more republican congress




Both parties are controlled by the same people. Quit falling for the false left-right paradigm.

Republicans legislate for freedom for corporations to enslave you, and legislate to take away your personal freedoms.
Democrats legislate for less freedom for corporations, but more personal freedoms.

Add them together and you always get more freedoms for corporations to enslave you and destroy the environment, AND less personal freedoms.

Wake up!

You, the average american, will never have legislation in your favor under this false left-right paradigm.
Wake up.

I've seen a month when we lost jobs labeled as good(not by Obama, mind you), and now a month where we gained jobs as terrible. Are people that dumb? You fall for this crap?

Conspiracy aside, The president isn't responsible for creating jobs. It's the corporations who do the hiring. The president has no power at all to create jobs, that's socialism and dictatorship! The main thing of socialism is that the workforce is controlled by the government. and you people are demanding that.


Their propaganda is so good, they got you all demanding dictatorship and socialism and you don't even realize it.







edit on 4-5-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
The only job creator, from thin air, is the government but in order to do this it must do one of two things: Tax people, or print money and both create jobs on one area while reducing them in another. Cutting taxes on local businesses will not employ people, those businesses do barely fine now, so they'll just keep the cash.


I think this is only true if your only going to cut business taxes without cutting income tax.




top topics



 
3
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join