It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glass dunes discovered on Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Oh come on??? what crap are they feeding us now...? it's been plain obvious from the start that the biggest volcanic eruption ever was on mars...and destroyed everything...too close too the sun probably...by about 2 inches,lol! there is a massive scar on mars,that can only be explained through volcanism...think about it,so why are scientist beating about the bush and plain "lying" too us...by not telling us the truth. sad...but i suppose this is where they want too start...lbloody microbes....when there are things that threaten our very existence directly...pathetic.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Anyone who has followed the writings and interviews of Richard Hoagland on NASA and Mars knows about his view that the agency has kept most of the information gleaned about the planet from the public. Fascinating stuff -- especially the notion that Phobos could be an artificial body, and not a true moon.

Joseph P. Farrell, with his "Giza Death Star" book series takes the issue to an entirely new level. He postulates that millions of years ago there was another Jupiter-sized planet in the Solar System, of which Mars was a moon. An interplanetary conflict destroyed the large planet, and put also permanent scars on the surface of Mars.

Interestingly, he also posits that the survivors of the conflict may have had a pivotal role in the development of mankind. Given the fact that the destroyed planet was much larger than Earth, and therefore the gravitational forces stronger, it would have hosted larger, more robust life forms.

This fits in with the Genesis 6 verses which speak about the "sons of god" mating with the "daughters of man" and the fact that the former were giants, likewise the offspring of the pairings.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So we are talking about volcanic glass not normal glass? because it needs other ingredients like sandy dolomite lime soda and something else , under thousand degrees temperature to get normal glass..

But , curious that all the volcanic glass sand stays on one spot as the normal sand looks surrounding the volcanic sand?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

The mystery of the mars worms or hoagies of mars solved, you beat me to it Rocketman7. Years now i have pondered over this picture at Ebtx.com.....

but looking at the image posted by isyeye, its plain to see what they are. Great find.

edit on 5-5-2012 by kode because: bb code?

edit on 5-5-2012 by kode because: bb code again

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

amazing thank you S&F op but i fear it will not reach most as there is no.....dare i say.... DOOM DOOM DOOM

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
oh come on seriously!?!

WTF!?!?!

Just because heat and sand cause glass... It doesn't mean there is life there...

There are many other reason's to consider life or previous life... but glass dunes.. hmmmm

I was looking through Mars images the other night and found something that really stood out... I didnt run and post it on ATS straight away...

Ya know why coz it's gonna be the same crap from skeptics... paradoilia...

edit on 5-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Well they are indicating that this glass would give more leverage to the possibility of life due to the minerals and water needed to create this glass.. However this glass was formed well over a billion years ago and the chances of life being there now because of the glass are slim. Although this just goes to show how strange and different mars is then what we once though, baron red planet? I think not

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well regardless there is life on or at the least visiting Mars and the Moon. While I'll be the first to admit I have no proof as far as Mars is concerned but when it comes to the Moon I have all the proof I need....

I'm an amateur astronomer and I have been witness to craft flying in formation over the surface of the moon on more than one occasion while observing the moon. I would testify in a court of law to this fact. The craft were shaped very triangular with what a jagged tail end somewhat like a couple letter "w". There was more than one flying in formation. I viewed this with a 12inch Dobsonian telescope with a witness.

I thought you were an astronomer? I suppose you have spent a great deal of your time looking very far off instead of locally as many astronomers do. Take it for what it's worth... start observing the moon. I would guess that we would see the same thing with Mars I don't have any equipment powerful enough to observe anything of this sort on Mars obviously.
edit on 5/5/2012 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

The sand dunes were fused into glass from interplanetary lightning bolts from a passing comet or planet striking Mars . Nasa has pictures of a superbolt hurled from Jupiter at Comet Shoemaker,et al as the comet was heading for a collision with the Giant Planet. Glass is made commercially by passing electric arc through sand in theUS.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by siluriancryptic
reply to post by isyeye

The sand dunes were fused into glass from interplanetary lightning bolts from a passing comet or planet striking Mars . Nasa has pictures of a superbolt hurled from Jupiter at Comet Shoemaker,et al as the comet was heading for a collision with the Giant Planet. Glass is made commercially by passing electric arc through sand in theUS.

This article isn't claiming that the dunes themselves are "fused into glass". Instead, what they are saying is that the tiny sandy particles that make up these dunes seem to be tiny particles of glass. Tiny particles of glass could be formed from explosive volcanic events.

These are sand dunes, but the sand is perhaps made of a large amount glassy particles.

The point about how this relates to conditions that are conducive to life formation is in regard to the idea that this glassy sand seems to be evidence of explosive volcanism in Mars' distant past -- and if there was large-scale volcanism (churning up all sorts of materials) and flowing water at the same time, then those conditions may have been suitable to the formation of life at that time.

edit on 5/5/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I posted a thread on stuff looking like this a while ago, is this the same thing? or do you think it's just sand? looks crazy in 3d

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-5-2012 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by siluriancryptic
reply to post by isyeye

If that were true I would have seen the picture already since you would not be the only one on a website for this stuff to know about it.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Bacteria could make acrylic glass from sugar.

At least according to this article: www.technologyreview.com...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

Sure, i would say they are the same just in BW.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Smooth, shiny tubes at top-right of this page, plus lots of interesting content :

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

QV.

edit on 7-5-2012 by qvision because: add

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Out of curiosity what silicone based life forms exist on Earth?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Do we really have to search for microbial life anywhere? Its obvious that life can exist if the conditions are right.

This search for the proverbial "life on other planets but earth" is an old hat. We need to focus on habitable planets/moons we can colonize.Anything less is wasted baby steps imo.

We do need to search for resources yes,microbial life? waste of time
edit on 30-5-2012 by realchangein2100 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join