It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there any way how You could count the people that would vote for ron paul?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Greetings from germany,
i really dont understand much about your system. Watching from our perspective your system seems to be #ed up. We for example now have a new party (we have many) since a few years..the "piratenpartei" which is becoming very powerful (11 percent of the voting population already stand behind them)..they are a kind of "internet oriented party which is for a "culture flatrate" and for things like payment without work etc... I just love the possibility in this country for small parties to become powerful.

From here its really hard to grasp how many people are for ron paul in the US. In germany i know many people who think that this guy is one of the best candidates out there. So my question would be: is there a way to count how many people would vote ron paul...without manipulation? And if not..is there a kind of "central organisation" that could organise a kind of demonstration in the whole us where all Ron Paul Voters gather.. Because if that would be possible the manipulation would not be possible.

I really pray that the people stand up and dont let the ptb trick them into "resignation". ..
It can be a great time of change but it can also be a time of deep depression and passivity if after the last great movements nothing changes.
I often asked myself: which kind of people vote for mitt romney.and how many are there in the us that vote for him...but i could not find ONE trustworthy source. I really could not imagine that someone would feel motivated to vote for a guy like him. He stands for nothing but his personal ambition.
Sometimes i watch "the daily show". this is the only trustworthy source i know to see some "reasonable " standpoints in the us from my point of view (of course there are more but i dont know more)..and there they often show clips in which even party members are not happy to support mitt romney...so i really ask myself how could it become more clear that the majority of the people would vote for ron paul? Or am i just brainwashed from ATS and youtube to think that there are more people voting for ron Paul than voting for Mitt Romney...at least i did not count all the old people who dont have internet and really worship a guy like Romney with his old-fashioned opportunistic views..
hope i made myself clear.
good day

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Don't trust The Daily Show. It is for entertainment only and a voice for liberals only.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Don't trust The Daily Show. It is for entertainment only and a voice for liberals only.

I know..but still i don´t know many comedian who are as intelligent as jon stewart

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

There is a massive block of silent voters just waiting for the time to strike. Voters who have never registered to vote before because of the lack of real candidates in an easily manipulated system for decades (before the internet and the birthing of our tangible collective planetary consciousness). I know because I am one of them and hear consistently from others.

The strength is specifically in the hidden size of the wave that is coming in November.

In fact when a big wave is coming the water tends to retreat at first before completely overwhelming the land. This is what the past few decades of voter apathy have been... a retreating of the water due to the still somewhat hidden tidal wave incoming. The people who are used to the system working the way it always has are in for a surprise because all their polls and methods of collecting data are lying to them.

We don't take their polls. We don't show up on their radar. We just quietly watch, listen, learn, think... and will make our presence fully known when the time is right (you already see it happening). Many don't post on forums like this, just read.

Most people don't realize that when you discuss in the public forum, the most important audience isn't actually those also discussing/debating/arguing, but the majority who are simply reading and learning the true nature of those engaged in the discussion.

Many people who secretly wanted to support a person like Ron Paul were held silent for fear of being made fun of or being thought crazy. As more and more people stand up and say "Yes, I too support the direction of this movement" it opens the door for the less confident supporters to start standing up too.

Namaste.
edit on 2012/5/4 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

thats nice to hear. Still i think there is a need of becoming more active for everyone. What is missing is the will to do so.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Don't worry, the activity is happening, and more is coming. This does give a good idea of the strength of the numbers... and we haven't even hit the exciting part of this election.

Thank you for not giving up on supporting us in extracting and healing this violent virus the US has caught and has been spreading to the rest of the world.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion
reply to post by kauskau

Don't worry, the activity is happening, and more is coming. This does give a good idea of the strength of the numbers... and we haven't even hit the exciting part of this election.

Thank you for not giving up on supporting us in extracting and healing this violent virus the US has caught and has been spreading to the rest of the world.

i think the last year until now changed a lot about how the young people of Europe see americans...in a positive way

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It's the same number as the licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
it'll be roughly 10K people who vote for him.

A lot of Ron Paul supporters have multi personalities or multiple IPs so they always vote more than once on polls online :-D

plus popular vote doesnt count in America, the electoral college chooses the president

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

A lot of Ron Paul supporters have multi personalities or multiple IPs so they always vote more than once on polls online :-D

plus popular vote doesnt count in America, the electoral college chooses the president

are you sure? is this a joke? 10k?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau

are you sure? is this a joke? 10k?

10k is too low. But in answer to your previous question about whether you were brainwashed by Youtube and ATS: probably a little.

I live in an EXTREMELY conservative, rural, Republican area---no one has challenged our GOP congressman for most of the last 20 years. I can count on one hand the number of Paul bumper stickers I've seen; the conservative editorial page of the newspaper is pro Romney, few to no Paul letters to the editor. On the other hand, there isn't a lot of enthusiasm for Romney but I think everyone believes there is no other choice to defeat Obama who everyone hates. Paul could never win around here based on his anti-war foreign policy alone.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
In Germany there is a good distribution of population, although there is one state that has like over 20 percent of the german population.

In the us you have states with a very thin population and a couple with a more dense population, almost European style, such as Cali. If the vote would be direct, the states with little populaiton might feel disenfranchised.

Also I am not really sure people though his porpositions such as returning to the gold standard through. There are problems, such has inflation hitting the people at the bottom the hardest, because apparently its okay for everything to get more expensive except for wages, but returning to the gold standard would have its own set of problems, like people being very unwilling to part with their gold.

What people need to wrap their head around, you can bring to fruition or ruin almost every system, campitalism, communism, its about the players involved. People look for a magic bullet to lead society, but there isnt one, its the people who have to make a system work. If in capitalism those at the top will continue to seek shortcuts and game the system it will lead to ruin, same happened to communism.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
In the us you have states with a very thin population and a couple with a more dense population, almost European style, such as Cali. If the vote would be direct, the states with little populaiton might feel disenfranchised.

Looking at it from another way, nearly HALF the population is "disenfranchised" no matter what state you are in. In the presidential elections you are disenfranchised if you vote for the candidate that loses your state. Even if the count is 51-49 your vote counts for nothing.

Originally posted by Cassius666
Also I am not really sure people though his porpositions such as returning to the gold standard through.

The people who count no doubt have thought it through and that is one of the reasons Paul will never be president.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I would put it more like 5% and that is enough to put Obama in office another 4 years if Paul went independent.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

join