It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elder Scrolls Online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The Elder Scrolls Online will allow players to quest across the entire continent of Tamriel 1000 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls V

it was fairly inevitible, fans have been asking for quite some time now and this will be a nice profit machine for them.
it would be cool to be able to go all over tamriel but im not really into the mmorpg gaming.
but if i were to play, i'd be a nord living in skyrim and hope they bring back the potions of levitation.

IGN (elder scrolls online)
edit on 4/5/2012 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Game seems interesting, I'll be waiting to see how this turns out.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg

The Elder Scrolls Online will allow players to quest across the entire continent of Tamriel 1000 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls V

it was fairly inevitible, fans have been asking for quite some time now and this will be a nice profit machine for them.
it would be cool to be able to go all over tamriel but im not really into the mmorpg gaming.
but if i were to play, i'd be a nord living in skyrim and hope they bring back the potions of levitation.

IGN (elder scrolls online)
edit on 4/5/2012 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

Zenimax Studios?! They make movies... weird.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'm quite happy just to play Skyrim when I feel an RPG moment coming on.

So this is most likely why, if you can glitch out of Skyrim you can see the entirety of Tamriel.
Or atleast thats what I heard and read, probably only on PC though.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I just got my latest issue of Game Informer in the mail and it has an extensive article on The Elder Scrolls Online. My confusion has been alleviated. Apparently Zenimax owns Bethesda so they are keeping it in the same family as the last two titles.

The actual feature goes into the story a bit and I'm not nearly as apprehensive as before. Also, it will be released for Mac on the same day as PC... which is extremely rare for a game release. I'm not a huge fan of MMOs but I might actually fall victim to this one.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think it will be quite a trick to capture the magic the elder scrolls has brought into a MMO. But I suppose if anyone can do it, Bethesda can.
I just hope it's not a totally watered down verision of a universe that has brought me a lot of joy. The only reason I raise this concern, is because as it said in the GI artical, a player won't be able to own a home, and they haven't yet revealed how they will use alchemy and enchanting yet. Those are easily my three of my favorite aspects of the game. Get a home and start brewin' up some potions!
Whatever the case, I'll wait to join, give the guys at Bethesda time to work out the kinks so I don't get the glitch-fest that my PS3 version of Skyrim was. Traded it out for the X-Box verision eventually, after a character I put over a 100 hours into vanished off the face of the realm, as well as the hard drive.
I still don't know how the hell it happened. I just hope he was called up by Talos, to help the 9 divines face a threat only a legend of his calibur could stand against. ^.~

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Not really into MMOs. They usually turn out to be mediocre at best.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi
I think it will be quite a trick to capture the magic the elder scrolls has brought into a MMO. But I suppose if anyone can do it, Bethesda can.
I just hope it's not a totally watered down verision of a universe that has brought me a lot of joy. The only reason I raise this concern, is because as it said in the GI artical, a player won't be able to own a home, and they haven't yet revealed how they will use alchemy and enchanting yet. Those are easily my three of my favorite aspects of the game. Get a home and start brewin' up some potions!
Whatever the case, I'll wait to join, give the guys at Bethesda time to work out the kinks so I don't get the glitch-fest that my PS3 version of Skyrim was. Traded it out for the X-Box verision eventually, after a character I put over a 100 hours into vanished off the face of the realm, as well as the hard drive.
I still don't know how the hell it happened. I just hope he was called up by Talos, to help the 9 divines face a threat only a legend of his calibur could stand against. ^.~

i hope that by watered down they keep all the stuff. I rather have a decent game thats not as good but has everything. That is to say I would be satisfied with the Morrowind engine so long as they kept all the stuff a player can do. I hope that they also keep the freedom to kill whomever you want whenever you want. I allays thought that Benthesa should had mad a game using the Elder Scrolls/Fallout engine that takes place in the DBZ universe. It would be awesome.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

I really wish that they would make this for xbox 360 users. I literally just got my xbox last year, so I don't want to have to buy the xbox one to play elderscrolls online, especially since xbox 360 is going to continue to make games until 2016. Computers are also out of the question because my laptop is terribly slow. So, I'm kind of bummed about that.

top topics

join