It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I'm rooting for Ron Paul, but the cynic in me is concerned...

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
From day 1 of his 2012 campaign I've been cheering Ron Paul on, posting supportive videos to my facebook page, and debating with the naysayers online and in person. I would love nothing more than to see him win the election and start working towards fixing the many problems in America today.

But then there's this tiny, cynical, part of me that thinks Ron Paul is SUPPOSED to win, and it's all just another part of the story line of this soap opera/mockumentary, and he is just gonna keep moving things forward for "TPTB".

Alot of people feel very discouraged that Obama didn't live up to the hype surrounding his 2008 campaign (myself included), not to mention the broken promises. The general public, while not always the brightest, could very well have been reluctant to buy into another "savior" being marketed to them as the next potential POTUS, so maybe reverse psychology was the name of the game this time around.

Perhaps the viral/grassroots nature of his campaign combined with the blatantly unfair media coverage is by design. When you were a child, if your mom told you that you can't have something, or you aren't allowed to do something, that's all you wanted to do. Maybe when they repeat the mantra of "Ron Paul can't win", they are in fact cuing us to say "Oh yeah? We'll see about that! VOTE RON PAUL!!!!!"

The icing on the cake will be when he splits from the GOP after the convention and wins as an independent third party candidate. Surely once that happens no one will suspect a thing! Everyone will be celebrating "We beat the system, rEVOLution!!! WOO HOO!!" Only for Ron Paul to then let us all down like Obama did.


Obviously, I will continue to believe in RP and show my support the best I can and stay positive until the day this theory is proven correct. I'm just prepping myself to not be too let down or heartbroken if it happens.




posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Squat
From day 1 of his 2012 campaign I've been cheering Ron Paul on, posting supportive videos to my facebook page, and debating with the naysayers online and in person. I would love nothing more than to see him win the election and start working towards fixing the many problems in America today.

But then there's this tiny, cynical, part of me that thinks Ron Paul is SUPPOSED to win, and it's all just another part of the story line of this soap opera/mockumentary, and he is just gonna keep moving things forward for "TPTB".

Alot of people feel very discouraged that Obama didn't live up to the hype surrounding his 2008 campaign (myself included), not to mention the broken promises. The general public, while not always the brightest, could very well have been reluctant to buy into another "savior" being marketed to them as the next potential POTUS, so maybe reverse psychology was the name of the game this time around.

Perhaps the viral/grassroots nature of his campaign combined with the blatantly unfair media coverage is by design. When you were a child, if your mom told you that you can't have something, or you aren't allowed to do something, that's all you wanted to do. Maybe when they repeat the mantra of "Ron Paul can't win", they are in fact cuing us to say "Oh yeah? We'll see about that! VOTE RON PAUL!!!!!"

The icing on the cake will be when he splits from the GOP after the convention and wins as an independent third party candidate. Surely once that happens no one will suspect a thing! Everyone will be celebrating "We beat the system, rEVOLution!!! WOO HOO!!" Only for Ron Paul to then let us all down like Obama did.


Obviously, I will continue to believe in RP and show my support the best I can and stay positive until the day this theory is proven correct. I'm just prepping myself to not be too let down or heartbroken if it happens.


I wouldn't be scared. He didn't come out of the woodwork. He's been around for a long damn time. If he gets elected and turns to be a liar (which he wouldn't), you can't blame yourself. You'll just learn that literally nobody can be trusted.
Until then, support him and believe in him 100%.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Squat
 


Man, you don't know Jack Squat.


But seriously, as said - he has been around a LONG time which does work to his credibility. If he is indeed a plant and it is a setup, well then, damn us all to tell. There is literally nothing in the world we can trust then.

On the contrary, he could be genuine and they could want him to win for other reasons. His plans are not going to have much support at all with Congress and not much will change, and the establishment will then do nothing but point fingers at people and say "See, see what all your freedom and free market business gets you?" and no one will ever want to vote in a "fringe" candidate again. It will be out of their system. No more "Ron Paul Revolutions".

So many things could happen. So many things could NOT happen. But as for the man, I trust him. I don't trust anyone around him with a dime. We will just have to wait and see what goes down.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
And to add, if Ron Paul was a setup, why would the media waste their time killing him? The Obama way worked out fine.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
And to add, if Ron Paul was a setup, why would the media waste their time killing him? The Obama way worked out fine.



Because...


" Alot of people feel very discouraged that Obama didn't live up to the hype surrounding his 2008 campaign (myself included), not to mention the broken promises. The general public, while not always the brightest, could very well have been reluctant to buy into another "savior" being marketed to them as the next potential POTUS, so maybe reverse psychology was the name of the game this time around.

Perhaps the viral/grassroots nature of his campaign combined with the blatantly unfair media coverage is by design. When you were a child, if your mom told you that you can't have something, or you aren't allowed to do something, that's all you wanted to do. Maybe when they repeat the mantra of "Ron Paul can't win", they are in fact cuing us to say "Oh yeah? We'll see about that! VOTE RON PAUL!!!!!" "



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Squat

Originally posted by capone1
And to add, if Ron Paul was a setup, why would the media waste their time killing him? The Obama way worked out fine.



Because...


" Alot of people feel very discouraged that Obama didn't live up to the hype surrounding his 2008 campaign (myself included), not to mention the broken promises. The general public, while not always the brightest, could very well have been reluctant to buy into another "savior" being marketed to them as the next potential POTUS, so maybe reverse psychology was the name of the game this time around.

Perhaps the viral/grassroots nature of his campaign combined with the blatantly unfair media coverage is by design. When you were a child, if your mom told you that you can't have something, or you aren't allowed to do something, that's all you wanted to do. Maybe when they repeat the mantra of "Ron Paul can't win", they are in fact cuing us to say "Oh yeah? We'll see about that! VOTE RON PAUL!!!!!" "


It's working for Romney, no?
There is a small demographic that feels that way. Grandma and Grandpa arent pissed off about corruption and media favorites (not to offend gpas and gmas here...you're awesome
)



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Romney doesn't have the kinda hype that Obama had in 2008. Plus I've never met someone in person who likes him.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Squat
Romney doesn't have the kinda hype that Obama had in 2008. Plus I've never met someone in person who likes him.


You're right, Obama had much more hype.

I guess my point is, if TPTB wanted Ron Paul to be president, they wouldn't have a problem doing it.

Your second point, I guess it matters where you are and who you talk to. I've talked with multiple senior citizens (at conventions, with family, etc.) that say, "Romney! You support Ron Paul?!" And that is of the media's doing. Those people aren't doing legit research.
edit on 4-5-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Squat
 


Interesting angle. I have heard people mention this before and yea... like 1% of me feels like it may be a trap of some sort to continue the status quo...

But if he does win and it was the plan all along people will wake up to that too and feel even more back-stabbed than with Obama... could actually lead to an armed revolt instead of the intellectual revolution we're seeing now in parts of the country.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by Jack Squat
 


Interesting angle. I have heard people mention this before and yea... like 1% of me feels like it may be a trap of some sort to continue the status quo...

But if he does win and it was the plan all along people will wake up to that too and feel even more back-stabbed than with Obama... could actually lead to an armed revolt instead of the intellectual revolution we're seeing now in parts of the country.


deleted
edit on 4-5-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by Jack Squat
 


Interesting angle. I have heard people mention this before and yea... like 1% of me feels like it may be a trap of some sort to continue the status quo...

But if he does win and it was the plan all along people will wake up to that too and feel even more back-stabbed than with Obama... could actually lead to an armed revolt instead of the intellectual revolution we're seeing now in parts of the country.


Exactly. If Paul is elected and things get worse....then it's like, "F$%^ it I'm done.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
I guess my point is, if TPTB wanted Ron Paul to be president, they wouldn't have a problem doing it.


You're right, but I guess I was thinking it was about earning the trust of the people who feel betrayed by the system. In this hypothetical scenario, "TPTB" are gaining support for their candidate from people who think they are fighting AGAINST them.

A lot of people feel like there's been a significant "awakening" over the last several years, so to me it's not that unbelievable that those in charge might suspect that the general public has smartened up some since the 2008 election.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

But if he does win and it was the plan all along people will wake up to that too and feel even more back-stabbed than with Obama... could actually lead to an armed revolt instead of the intellectual revolution we're seeing now in parts of the country.



What if that's part of the plan too? Push us to that tipping point and start filling those FEMA camps!



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Squat

Originally posted by capone1
I guess my point is, if TPTB wanted Ron Paul to be president, they wouldn't have a problem doing it.


You're right, but I guess I was thinking it was about earning the trust of the people who feel betrayed by the system. In this hypothetical scenario, "TPTB" are gaining support for their candidate from people who think they are fighting AGAINST them.

A lot of people feel like there's been a significant "awakening" over the last several years, so to me it's not that unbelievable that those in charge might suspect that the general public has smartened up some since the 2008 election.


My point was more directed to black.

I totally agree. People may not be eating the "corruption cake" yet, but they are starting to smell it. That in itself is a big deal.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Squat
Alot of people feel very discouraged that Obama didn't live up to the hype surrounding his 2008 campaign (myself included), not to mention the broken promises. The general public, while not always the brightest, could very well have been reluctant to buy into another "savior" being marketed to them as the next potential POTUS, so maybe reverse psychology was the name of the game this time around.


You think Obama was a let down? See what would actually happen if Ron Paul were elected President! You see how Congress has been stalemated for two years with Obama, refusing to provide bipartisan solutions for the American people just to stick it to Obama? I suspect it would be even worse if Ron Paul were President.

Talk about broken promises! Congress would never let Ron Paul make the extreme moves he promises.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
You think Obama was a let down? See what would actually happen if Ron Paul were elected President! You see how Congress has been stalemated for two years with Obama, refusing to provide bipartisan solutions for the American people just to stick it to Obama? I suspect it would be even worse if Ron Paul were President.

Talk about broken promises! Congress would never let Ron Paul make the extreme moves he promises.



I have to respond to this in two ways. First, "You think Obama was a let down? See what would actually happen if Ron Paul were elected President!" sort of supports my theory, no?

Second, "Talk about broken promises! Congress would never let Ron Paul make the extreme moves he promises." may be true, but the big difference would be that Ron may actually ATTEMPT to live up to his promises, rather than do exactly the opposite, which I think is true of Obama in a few instances.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
My 1st thought is:

I don't think Paul is going to pull an Obama if he gets elected. Many people saw Obama for what he was, from the get go. (I once had this poor young woman crying hysterically, because I crapped all over her "Yes We Can" parade.) Paul has been legit for 30yrs.

On the flip side of that, Say RP does turn out to be a shill. Then TSHF. This country will burn itself to the ground. And we will get to start all over.

Also, Obama or Romney get elected, we continue on the path of hyper-inflationary collapse, SHTF anyway and we get to start over.

So, no matter how you look at it. We Win!! Some paths might be longer, some might be harder, but we'll get there in the end.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn
 


Well put, sir.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join