It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

If Jews are allowed Jewish law for marriage and divorce, but Muslims are not, and are accused of "not assimilating" but Jews do not face the same accusations.. then you are discriminating against every Muslim in your country for NO reason.

That is the reason why Muslims are a little upset, after finding out Jews can have their own courts they asked for the same rights... and are being denied simply because you all hate Muslims and no other reason.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Nah, I don't hate all Muslims, and I don't know anybody in RL that does. I see your frustration, and your point, seriously I do. You do in all honesty make some good points. Sharia law is way, way different than our culture allows for, and in many ways incompatible with the way we live, while Jewish people fit in with our values and we share values. The two religions merge without incident. It never comes up (in my world) as an issue.

It's complicated, and I don't want to make you more frustrated than you are. I respect your opinions however, I respectfully disagree with them.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
reply to post by BellaSabre

If Jews are allowed Jewish law for marriage and divorce, but Muslims are not, and are accused of "not assimilating" but Jews do not face the same accusations.. then you are discriminating against every Muslim in your country for NO reason.

That is the reason why Muslims are a little upset, after finding out Jews can have their own courts they asked for the same rights... and are being denied simply because you all hate Muslims and no other reason.

You cite no issue with the Constitution, yet you want special consideration.

Islam followers have had a poor history as of late. They do not adapt to whatever culture they inhabit, instead they alter the environment they live in with little or no regard for anyone who worships differently.

If you just want to handle divorces separately, I'm sure any mosque would accomidate you here in America.

Yet you ask for considerations above and beyond what is acceptable and allowed by US common law and the US Constitution.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is already happening in Britain.

Is the US next?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
reply to post by Jameela

Nah, I don't hate all Muslims, and I don't know anybody in RL that does. I see your frustration, and your point, seriously I do. You do in all honesty make some good points. Sharia law is way, way different than our culture allows for, and in many ways incompatible with the way we live, while Jewish people fit in with our values and we share values. The two religions merge without incident. It never comes up (in my world) as an issue.

It's complicated, and I don't want to make you more frustrated than you are. I respect your opinions however, I respectfully disagree with them.

Our religion is actually perfectly compatible with western values. While there are some differences, many of these same differences exist in the Jewish faith also. I see no harm in a woman dressing the way she pleases in your country, is there no freedom of dress? Is there a law stating we cannot cover our bodies and our hair? We pray 5 times a day, we love God the same as any Jewish person... our laws concerning civil matters are very compatible with western values.

Please before you make such a huge accusation learn Islam from people who are practicing Muslims and not from sources of disinformation and hate. There are Mosques in many cities in America that you can go to and ask questions, and many books written by Islamic scholars for you to read. Learn what it is from us, not from Christians with an agenda of hate. Not from men who wish to make us look evil so they can take over our countries and steal our resources.

The faith of Islam is very compatible with the west.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

You site no issue with the constitution from the Jews, but ALLOW them the same consideration you are denying Muslims.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

False.

Because jewish laws aren't in conflict with the US Constitution.

edit on 6-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You site no issue with the constitution from the Jews, but ALLOW them the same consideration you are denying Muslims.

If they had the sme respect fr our laws and Constitution, then it wouldn't be an issue. But Islam followers don't feel the need to make concessions.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

If they had the sme respect fr our laws and Constitution, then it wouldn't be an issue. But Islam followers don't feel the need to make concessions.

When we come into your country we do have respect for your laws, you find some of the best most upstanding members of your community are Muslim. One business man was being robbed, overcame the theif and instead of calling for police he gave him money and bread, because the man said his family had nothing to eat and were hungry.

Muslims are wonderful people, do not take the actions of the few, one in a 5 thousand or less... for what Islam is or for how Muslims behave.

I honestly do not know what is happening in England right now, from what I see I strongly disagree. They are horror stories to be certain and I do not know how true they are, but I as a Muslim would fight against such behavior if the stories are true.

But that does not mean we should not be afforded the same rights that Jews have....if the Jewish people can take their own civil matters between themselves, then the Muslims who so desire should have the same rights. It is a small and simple thing. And not in any way incompatible.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Hm. I'm not sure about that. I had a friend who hired a muslim man to help run his store. After about a month, he learned from customers that the guy was closing the store multiple times during the day, putting a sign on the door stating "Gone to pray, be back in an hour". Needless, to say, It didn't work out.

When my female muslim pharmacist left the pharmacy, I was told that her husband made her quit because the (pharmacy), would not install a Muslim toilet for her.

I had a close friend in graduate school who married a Muslim. I don't even want to talk about what happened to her. So, yeah. It's different. It's Way different.
edit on 5/6/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Jameela

Hm. I'm not sure about that. I had a friend who hired a muslim man to help run his store. After about a month, he learned from customers that the guy was closing the store multiple times during the day, putting a sign on the door stating "Gone to pray, be back in an hour". Needless, to say, It didn't work out.

When my female muslim pharmacist left the pharmacy, I was told that her husband made her quit because the (pharmacy), would not install a Muslim toilet for her.

I had a close friend in graduate school who married a Muslim. I don't even want to talk about what happened to her. So, yeah. It's different. It's Way different.
edit on 5/6/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

Most of the people who leave work to pray are just using excuse, pray takes 5 to 10 minutes at most and can be done anywhere, during break time is when most will pray. We can pray late and simply make up a missed prayer if we could not pray during the time for prayer, and the window of opportunity for prayers in the daytime are a couple to a few hours for them to be considered prayed "on time" The only difference is Fridays and a practicing Muslim will ask to have Fridays off and offer instead to work Sundays and christian holidays..In many businesses this works out beautifully. If Fridays cannot be had off it can be arranged for one hour to one hour and a half lunch for Jummah. These things are generally discussed before being hired, to make sure it works well for both the employee and the employer.

What I see from your post are people who simply did not want to work.

As far as a toilet when I am in public I take a bottle of water with me. There is never a need for a "Muslim toilet" the notion is absolutely ridiculous! Again, the few are not the many!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Gotcha. I understand that. Oh well, for some reason or other this conversation is starting to make me uncomfortable. I am typically a "to each his own" person, so I'm going to places here I don't really want to go.

My best to you and I admire you for standing up for your beliefs, hoping at the same time, you understand that others stand up for theirs also.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

When we come into your country we do have respect for your laws, you find some of the best most upstanding members of your community are Muslim. One business man was being robbed, overcame the theif and instead of calling for police he gave him money and bread, because the man said his family had nothing to eat and were hungry.

Muslims are wonderful people, do not take the actions of the few, one in a 5 thousand or less... for what Islam is or for how Muslims behave.

I honestly do not know what is happening in England right now, from what I see I strongly disagree. They are horror stories to be certain and I do not know how true they are, but I as a Muslim would fight against such behavior if the stories are true, because when we come to these countries we come there for a different life, if they wanted the same they should stay in their own countries.

But that does not mean we should not be afforded the same rights that Jews have....if the Jewish people can take their own civil matters between themselves, then the Muslims who so desire should have the same rights. It is a small and simple thing. And not in any way incompatible.

Regardless of whether or not you would participate in Shariah Zones, the fact is, followers of Islam are trying to change the environment instead of changing themselves to fit in to an established environment.

Islam is a religion of dominance. It doesn't adjust or adapt, it overtakes, dominates, controls.

History has shown us this. Why take the word now that they wouldn't when history has shown that they would.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I honestly do not know what is happening in England right now, from what I see I strongly disagree. They are horror stories to be certain and I do not know how true they are, but I as a Muslim would fight against such behavior if the stories are true, because when we come to these countries we come there for a different life, if they wanted the same they should stay in their own countries.

Regardless of whether or not you would participate in Shariah Zones, the fact is, followers of Islam are trying to change the environment instead of changing themselves to fit in to an established environment.

Islam is a religion of dominance. It doesn't adjust or adapt, it overtakes, dominates, controls.

History has shown us this. Why take the word now that they wouldn't when history has shown that they would.

You are blaming the actions of a very few upon every Muslim in the world and this is not right, nor just.

I wouldn't be surprised if those people in England were being paid by government entities of the world to do those things just to scare Christians and make you all think we should all be killed. But that is just my thoughts based on what I have seen.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Jameela

Gotcha. I understand that. Oh well, for some reason or other this conversation is starting to make me uncomfortable. I am typically a "to each his own" person, so I'm going to places here I don't really want to go.

My best to you and I admire you for standing up for your beliefs, hoping at the same time, you understand that others stand up for theirs also.

I respect your views and position as well. It was nice discussing with you.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You are blaming the actions of a very few upon every Muslim in the world and this is not right, nor just.

I wouldn't be surprised if those people in England were being paid by government entities of the world to do those things just to scare Christians and make you all think we should all be killed. But that is just my thoughts based on what I have seen.

Not blaming, just pointing out facts.

So it's paid government shills in Britain?

And I find it rather insulting that you would presume to think that I want all islam followers killed.

But this is to be expected.

When confronted with past actions, islamists reply with hyperbole, and false accusations.

Any religion is fine, in my book. But YOUR religious freedom ends where MINE begins.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
personally I don't see what the big deal is, Jews, Muslims and Christians (and for that matter satanists in a strange kinda backwards way) and all just different sects (is that the right term?) of the same religion (they may argue on the detail but they all worship the same god). we survived the Christians the Muslims are barely any different, whats the big deal? its like Catholics vs protestants all over again. I could under the Christians freaking if the Pagans, Hindus, seeks or any other religion were increasing...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Any religion is fine, in my book. But YOUR religious freedom ends where MINE begins.

Mine do not encroach upon yours.. all Muslims want is to be able to practice the basic tenants of their faith, freedom of religion right?

You can do whatever you please, practice any religion you please, no Muslim cares what you do in your land or what you believe.

Be a beautiful world if we could have simple respect of one another regardless of belief.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Mine do not encroach upon yours.. all Muslims want is to be able to practice the basic tenants of their faith, freedom of religion right?

You can do whatever you please, practice any religion you please, no Muslim cares what you do in your land or what you believe.

Be a beautiful world if we could have simple respect of one another regardless of belief.

Sure.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Religion is a personal issue, between man and God, with no one else in between and is best often pracitsed with one's heart and private space, never for outwardly show of hypocrisies. We alone are the best examples and representatives of our own faiths, for true religion never seeks to impose, more so in these enlightened times and not days of barbaric yore.

As a testorone driven youth I once was, I was aghast that a woman would cover up herself to the eyeballs, something against what I have believed as taught by greek civilisation that beauty was to be admired.

Once at a pub, I approach a lady sexily dressed, presuming that it was an open invitation to me personally that she is attracting. Unfortunately, by her icy cold demeanour, it was not me that she seeks, but another.Being a gentleman, I walked away in humiliation as my buddies were laughing at my failure, till it became my turn to laugh at them when they too failed. We would never force our desires upon another.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for other men. Self responsibility isa self discipline often not learnt, more so of our human weakness in the face of flesh and craven self gratification. But learn we must, or we are nothing more than animals of the jungles we once were.

On my way out of the pub to my home, I saw a lady tourist covered up to her eyeballs on her way back to her hotel with her minders. I looked at her, and she returned my gaze, and knew she smiled, through the twinkle of her eyes. My night had not been lost afterall. Her smile made my day.

Point is, women do have the right to dress as she pleases. Attractively, to attract someone else, or covered up, to protect herself from unwanted attention. No harm in that, and is a human right. Beauty is only skin deep anyway. It's the heart of a human that counts, not the decaying physical attributes.

My only grouse with the muslim community is the rather draconian laws, of body part mutilation of both male and female, and the often one sided unfair judgement of women as the perpetrators of crime when they are the victims. But then, even under secular laws, I had seen how women criminals get away scott free while men whom are the victims are put behind bars.

It calls for wisdom from the judiciary in both secular and religious councils, to REFORM, PROGRESS & EVOLVE. It will not happen overnight, but the day must and will come, so long as we mankind and societies place and demand emphasis on better HUMAN RIGHTS from both doctrines, and not upon fellow non-judiciary brothers and sisters. We are not the judges, for society had placed and appointed judges to do the job to interpretate and serve justice.

When that day comes, judaism, islamic and christian laws will be one with Secular laws, with no necessity for diverse separate chambers, for we all came from the common source which the same civilisational guidelines had been passed down through the generations to progress and evolve.

We are all one race, with only common aspirations in life,despite our differences.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join