It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
In America Government is God hence it is the fastest growing religion here.

The Government turns water into wine etc.

Government is the everlasting life in here also "mohammad and jesus fighting in the end times?

Sounds like the last decade of t he "war on terrorism".

The end is nigh prepare your souls!!!!!!!!!!

And Call me Infidel i will be damned if i ever convert.
edit on 4-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It's also the biggest and fastest growing religion on the entire planet

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

"Allah is god, god is one."

Not true, Allah was a pagan moon god that Mohammad incorporated in to his religion to help convert the pagans over to Islam. That's what the whole "Satanic Verses" thing was about. I'm not saying that this hasn't happened in the history of other religions, in fact it was common practice for the ancient Romans when invading a country and that didn't change when they converted to Christian beliefs.

Tribe, I'm not trying to be a dink, but I think you should study up more and get the facts on these religions and try not to see it from some PC-liberal new age perspective. God is God the creator of the universe and Allah is a pagan moon god, why do you think mosques and the Islamic countries use the crescent moon as a symbol? I'd rather worship the creator than the creation.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I don't know from where this statistics comes from because here in the south is nothing but Southern Baptist territory and let no forget the fundamentalist strong hold call the bible belt

This so call numbers and fastest growing religion in the US seems, looks and smells like propaganda financed by the Islamic movement.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Trust me my friend, Islam will never be majority religion in America, our government has done a great job instigating fear of anything Arab, Muslim and Islam after 9/11, also lets no forget that Islam do not bend to constitutional laws as Islam is a law on itself, the constitution will have to be rewritten or amended to accommodate Islam law and that is never going to happen without a war

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I don't know from where this statistics comes from because here in the south is nothing but Southern Baptist territory and let no forget the fundamentalist strong hold call the bible belt

This so call numbers and fastest growing religion in the US seems, looks and smells like propaganda financed by the Islamic movement.

If it is true that they are the fastest growing religion, they'd use that in a heartbeat as propaganda. I agree though, it smells like someone's propaganda.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I live in southern Ga, nowhere around here I have seen Islam growing at all, this is nothing but southern Baptist territory and nothing but Christian churches been built around, perhaps in Atlanta where is more diversity it maybe more Islamic movement but around my neck of the woods I have no seen anything.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I agree with you, but not about the part that it was financed by the Islamic movement.

We, mankind had been praying and seeking guidance from the same common Creator, of many names across planet Earth's geological barriers, culture, state of developement, time and space. 95% of americans are church going christians. No matter how fast Islam catches up, it can never hope to match,unless christian leaders are proven beasts by the numbers, but then again, so too can that charge be made against the responsible freedom rejected by many more authoritarian fire brand mullahs residing in USA.

The Messiah never claimed to be God, nor did the good prophet Muhammad. All that they had taught was civilisational guidelines laid down by our Creator, to turn away from barbarisms that they each witnessed and lived in during their time. Anyone who claims that they are gods literally or symbolically is most certainly committing blasphemy.

There are many amongst us whom sought to use divide and conquer techniques, to divide us, humanity with only common aspirations, to make us fellow human brothers and sisters hate and fight and kill each other, for deviouos agendas such as power and greed. Power and greed does not reside solely in one characteristic aspect of one ethnic group. It hides amongst ALL ethnic groups of diverse beliefs and cultures.

Fortunately, we this generation had been educated enough, to ALWAYS critically analyze every data, more so here on ATS where we leave no stone unturned. Stand in the light, and fear nothing. Repress the light, and one will forever hide in the shadows of hate and ultimate doom
edit on 4-5-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

My brother used to live in Detroit proper right next to Dearborn. When I visited him, I had to travel through a black neighborhood, then an Islamic neighborhood before reaching the mostly white neighborhood where he lived. Detroit neighborhoods always made me uneasy, but that area made me pretty nervous. I hope they don't take over the whole state, I might have to move to Georgia!

Actually, most of the middle eastern people I've met in metro Detroit were Christians from Iraq and I was always OK with them. They have revitalized many old neighborhoods and business. I think the police were suspicious of them though and I have a personal story about that one.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

It’s a bit tricky to get a clear idea of what’s happening in America regarding atheism/secularism but

'Nones' now 15% of population
www.usatoday.com...

so doesn’t this make ‘None’ the fastest growing ‘religion’?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It used to be neopaganism/wicca.

Are they SURE it still isn't?
It's all I see around here that's growing.

I guess that is how they define fastest growing. IE # of new followers vrs percentage of increase in size.
I have heard that paganism is doubling in size every year. So there may not be that many, but it is growing fast.
edit on 4-5-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

So no religion is a religion? Cool avatar, is that H. R. Giger by any chance?

edit on 4-5-2012 by MichiganSwampBuck because: TYPO

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I had a feeling someone would point that out

Can I quote you the next time a religious person on here says atheism is a religion?

Oh the art work’s one of my own efforts – but thanks for the Giger comment

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I think the technical term is catch-up effect.

How will I react? Firm, but with dignity & respect toward those whose views &/or religious beliefs are far removed from my own. Needless to say that can be very challenging at times.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by FlyersFan

Also - Islam is really obsessed with sex, both on earth in the afterlife, whereas Christianity and the Christian afterlife is definately NOT.

Wait. What?

Where do you think the Catholic "celibacy" requirement comes from? The Puritan's belief that sex is a sin unless it is to procreate? How do you explain the Catholic Church's absolute guilt in pedophilia and the general "abstinence" doctrines then? The suppression of women's rights, the "filth" of their natural processes, the hush-hush attitude about biological realities of conception.

Those are rhetorical questions, btw. The stifled prudishness of this entire country is based on Christian tenets. Kids aren't properly educated as to the names and functions of their sex organs, they are taught to be ashamed of their nudity, that sex will send them to hell. It's appalling.
Get real, please, before you get out your arsenal of rolly-eyes and lolz and blue head-shaking tools and denial and start shoving Chatecism links down everyone's throats.
You'll still be wrong.

Slightly off topic, but I figured I throw in on your statement there. I can't say I disagree with you. But as a Christian (Protestant) there has actually been alot of "liberation" around the subject of sex. The modern church isn't the same as the puritians
. Now it is still considered to be held only in marriage (due to its "holiness" between husband and wife) but many churches are now delving head long into the Song of Solomon, which is all about (marital) sex. I also think, and I know not everyone will have this perception, that there is much less stigma to premarital sex then there used to be. It's still frowned upon, and you won't hear most minister's say it (although I have heard a few); BUT due to the type of sexually charged society we are in, and that most people aren't getting married until their 30's, it is often having a blind eye turned towards it, instead of the old condemnation that your, "livning in sin!".

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

But as a Christian (Protestant) there has actually been alot of "liberation" around the subject of sex. The modern church isn't the same as the puritians . Now it is still considered to be held only in marriage

Hey there!
I was raised in the Episcopal faith (new Church of England), and am very familiar with their Protestant pov.

Yes, over the last few decades there has been a LOT of progress toward equality of the genders, acceptance of the sexual act as normal and natural...thanks for pitching in here.

Of course the modern church isn't the same as the Puritans, but we mustn't forget the roots of what religion has become.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

the fundamentalist strong hold call the bible belt

Hi, I live in the 'northeast Kansas' part of the "so-called" Bible Belt...tornado alley all the way, but metropolitan at the same time.....yeah, we have really stupid restrictive laws about selling beer on Sunday (a few years ago they actually passed a law that it is okay after noon....but NEVER on Christmas or Thanksgiving or Easter) and decades before that, all stores/shops were CLOSED on Sunday.....
that has all changed *hands closed in thankful praise and looking skyward* and I find that it is only the small town, isolated rural areas that still adhere to this stuff. Except for the "laws."

In fact, about two weeks ago there was an online poll about whether or not marijuana should be legalized. The "yes" vote was over 50%.

On Sundays and holidays, we simply go across the state line to Missouri and pick up whatever. Missouri is a VERY conservative place also, but they don't have these stupid remnants of "prohibition" and "religious" bannings.

Just sayin'.
Flame away!!

edit on 4-5-2012 by wildtimes because: typo spacing

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

I know not everyone will have this perception, that there is much less stigma to premarital sex then there used to be.

Exactly. It's the Roman Catholic Church that is still in the dark ages regarding sex.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I find this interesting and the responses even more so.

All of the people that are really turned off by Chritianity seem indifferent to Islam. You do realize that extreme fundamentalist Christians try to save your soul and condemn you if they can't. Realize further that extreme fundamentalist Muslims will try to convert you and will kill you if they can't.

If you have the wrong hair style... you die. If you are raped... you marry your rapist. Listen to rock and roll, women driving cars and getting an education, wear a swim suit to the beach...you get whipped, stoned, or die.

Sounds like all the athiests have a lot to look forward to... and you thought the Jehovah's Witness were bad.

The really bad thing is no NC pork BBQ, no red hotdogs, and tragedy of tragedies... no bacon. OMG.. or Oh My Allah?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

Do you know what the fastest growing religion in America is? It isn’t Christianity. According to the latest U.S. Religion Census that was just released on May 1, 2012, the fastest growing religion in America is Islam. The data for the census was compiled by the Association of Statisticians of American Religious Bodies, and the results were released by the Association of Religion Data Archives. From the year 2000 to the year 2010, the census found that the number of Muslims living inside the United States increased from 1 million to 2.6 million – a stunning increase of 66.7 percent.

members.beforeitsnews.com...

Things should get interesting down the road because a we all know, America is the most Christian of Christian nations and the 'clash of civilizations' if you will could be more violent here than in Europe. The rise of the far right in Europe is interesting... how will America react? How will you?

Islam isn't growing by converts in this nation, it is growing by the influx of middle eastern immigrants in the country. They can't kill us out so they will flood us by their massive numbers and then breed us out Prima Nocta style. See how long our system lasts when theyre having a dozen kids when they can't afford to feed 2. In Islam children are born muslim, they are not given a choice and apostates who do convert to christianity are to be killed under Sharia Law, so naturally you will never hear of them converting to christianity or they will be killed as apostates. This also why muslim women are banned from marrying nonmuslim men, because the children will not be muslim when born.

Worldwide christianity is exploding, especially in Africa. Lot of people would love to be able to go to heaven without having to blow themselves up and with a 100% assurance that just by believing in Yeshua they can go to heaven. No such assurance in Islam you will go to heaven, so just by them staying in that psuedo religion they are rolling the dice. Why gamble with your soul when you don't have to?
edit on 4-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join