It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Why are you repeating what I've already told you? Except from adding 'truth'

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OliverNorthsCat
reply to post by Jameela

Because it makes a HUGE difference...I can say the shahadah, believe in the Holy Quran and the Holy Prophet (saw) yet I am kafir...

why is that? Because according to them I know the truth, yet hide it.. (in this instance it refers to the first three Caliphas)... you cannot hide something you do not know anything about... that is called Jahiliyyah... ignorance.. not Kafir... you have to KNOW the truth before you can hide it....

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Jameela

Because it makes a HUGE difference...I can say the shahadah, believe in the Holy Quran and the Holy Prophet (saw) yet I am kafir...

why is that? Because according to them I know the truth, yet hide it.. (in this instance it refers to the first three Caliphas)... you cannot hide something you do not know anything about... that is called Jahiliyyah... ignorance.. not Kafir... you have to KNOW the truth before you can hide it....

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
You're splitting hairs, and also not admitting the fact that SeekerofTruth is wrong, as proven by the verse, and simple logic, which he has ignored the last 5 pages - NOT the interpretation of it's revelation by Pooya.

If you remain stubborn I guarantee this will blow up in your face and you will cause even more harm towards the perception of Muslims in this forum.

Acting shifty and underhanded is hardly the Muslim way. Keep with the stubbornness and ignorance and I'll show everyone on ATS just how shifty and underhanded you have been Jameela.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OliverNorthsCat

I am not splitting hairs... Kafir quit simply does NOT refer to anyone who does not believe in Islam...

You do not know our religion, therefore perhaps you should not attempt to teach it!

The Holy Quran is quite specific, Christians and Jews are called "Ahl al Kitab" which means people of the Book.... that term occurs 54 times in the Holy Quran... there is a difference between people of the book and kafir... and that difference is knowledge of truth and hiding truth.... not just not knowing the truth, or believing in Christianity or Judaism..The term Ahl al Kitab (people of the Book) is what differentiates the Christians and Jews from the Pagans or other religious groups.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

How on Earth do I 'not know your religion'?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

And what's a point of editing your post WELL after I've posted my reply? You should have just replied instead of making it look like I'm ignoring you.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The Holy Quran was revealed over a period of 23 years... each ayah was revealed during a certain time and a certain situation... you have to know those times and situations to understand the meaning of the words...You do not appear to even know that much about our religion... Therefore you may want to practice your own religion and leave aside trying to teach ours, or speak on ours... until you spend a very long time learning the intricacies of the knowledge of the Holy Quran.

Why on earth do you think it takes 15 years or more of learning to become an ayatollah? It is in-depth to learn everything there is to know, and even after 15 years or more of study they may have only specialized in a few areas.And even after ALL that, at the end of fatawa they add one very important statement.. they say Wallahu Aalim, which means "and Allah knows best" Why do you think they add this? Because even after all their learning they could STILL be wrong!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
FreeFlyer is a Kafir because she's an idolater, has access to knowledge of the 'truth' (sorry 'Islam') and still refuses - like so many other Christians to believe in it (although, I'll let you in on a little secret - a lot of Christians think the same bu only in reverse!).

Anyway, we're going well off topic - are you even at least willing to admit that SeekerofTruth has been lying and putting words into FreeFlyers mouth AND still refuses to admit it?

No, of course not, because at the end of the day you don't give a damn.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Jameela

Ad Hominem

It is not a personal attack.... How on earth is speaking a truth a personal attack?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

All you two have done the last 10 pages is fling mud - I've have had enough of this - please feel free to have the final post.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

FreeFlyer is a Kafir because she's an idolater, has access to knowledge of the 'truth' (sorry 'Islam') and still refuses - like so many other Christians to believe in it (although, I'll let you in on a little secret - a lot of Christians think the same bu only in reverse!).

Anyway, we're going well off topic - are you even at least willing to admit that SeekerofTruth has been lying and putting words into FreeFlyers mouth AND still refuses to admit it?

No, of course not, because at the end of the day you don't give a damn.

Flyers Fan according to the Holy Quran is called Ahl al Kitab... it is not to me to call anyone a kafir because if I am wrong then I have committed a sin against Allah, Allah called the Christians and Jews Ahl al Kitab and I personally do not argue with Allah.

If you wish to argue with Allah that sin is on your head.

Lakum deenukum waliya deeni

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Just to chime in, she's right. The root word, from which kaafir is derived, means "ungrateful one" and kaafir itself is one who hides. Allah makes it very clear that the kaafirs were the polytheists and atheists. Jews and Christians are 'people of the book'.

That generalized use of the K-word is what causes a lot of problems in this day & age.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Just to chime in, she's right. The root word, from which kaafir is derived, means "ungrateful one" and kaafir itself is one who hides.

Please check my earlier post last page - I already described what the root KFR meant before Jamila - and she simply bounced it back

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You're splitting hairs, and also not admitting the fact that SeekerofTruth is wrong, as proven by the verse, and simple logic, which he has ignored the last 5 pages - NOT the interpretation of it's revelation by Pooya.

If you remain stubborn I guarantee this will blow up in your face and you will cause even more harm towards the perception of Muslims in this forum.

Acting shifty and underhanded is hardly the Muslim way. Keep with the stubbornness and ignorance and I'll show everyone on ATS just how shifty and underhanded you have been Jameela.

This is an open discussion, so there is no need for you to threaten anyone such as 'blowing up in your face' and such. There is enough 'blowing up of innocents' in the world today Keep it civil, and others will respond in kind.

I am fully responsible for I wrote. There is no need to use what I wrote to attack anyone else.

As to your question posed, which you have a right to ask, as well as my right to IGNORE or Respond, but for the sake of this post, I will choose to respond to you, to stop your futher attacks on others.

What questions had you posed that I 'ignored' which you accused me of, and yet you yourself is guilty of it as well? If you accuse me or allude that me, a christian, of being shifty, or my fellow human brothers of the muslim faith of being such, isn't your message pointing at yourself as well?

I presumed that your question and childish triumphalism of evidence is that the good prophet Muhammad worships a different Almight than the one of jews and christianity based upon just one verse you found? Are you for real?

I can understand your immaturity. Scriptures are not easily comprehended, and it takes time and effort with honesty, integrity and logic to deduce what was actually written, meant and according to the time events context.

No one man knows it all, despite your claim on earlier post of being 'more knowledgeable than most'( in your own words). It has to be debated and discussed honestly, with no quick and smart alecky remarks such as yours that puts people off.

Thus, I am not condescending in any manner, in this post, for you are proven truly immatured, and I have to patiently, using much words and efforts, which I believed would be rebuffed yet again by you and some, to wake you up to reality.

It is difficult to conduct a discussion with immatured persons, but I will try, if I have the time, and provided, there is a wilingness to be civil, tranparent, and less egoistical & less incendinarily accusatorially on your part. When you are ready, I shall respond. If you find me not responding, then my non-response will be that you had not matured yet or ready for discussion.

Cheers.

edit on 11-5-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Maybe Christians are just wondering who Allah is talking about?

Qur'an 5:116 :And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, 'Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.

It looks like someone thought Mary was part of the trinity – which I think all denominations of Christianity would be surprised at, including the Catholics who hold Mary in higher regard than the other sects but even they don’t think of her as part of the trinity

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan

Qur'an 5:116 :And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, 'Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.

It looks like someone thought Mary was part of the trinity – which I think all denominations of Christianity would be surprised at, including the Catholics who hold Mary in higher regard than the other sects but even they don’t think of her as part of the trinity

I do not know where you got that translation but it is worded incorrectly

the way it should be reading is:

[Shakir 5:116] And when Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! did you say to men, Take me and my mother for two gods besides Allah? He [Isa] will [answer] saying: Glory be to Thee, it did not befit me that I should say what I had no right to (say); if I had said it, Thou [Allah] wouldst indeed have known it; Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I do not know what is in Thy mind, surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen things.

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 5:116]

Isa disclaims here any knowledge of the sort of things that are attributed to him by those who profess to follow him. The worship of Maryam, though repudiated by the protestants, was widely spread among the earlier churches, both in the east and the west. Isa further acknowledges that he was mortal, and that his knowledge was limited like that of a mortal, and that Allah alone is the owner of the heavens and the earth and whatever is in them, and that Allah is the almighty, the knowing and the wise.

quran.al-islam.org...

The Catholics have put Mary higher than even Allah when they pray to her saying things like "Holy Mary Mother of God" this is placing Mary at a position higher than even Allah, they pray to her and call her also the Queen of heaven and make idols of her image and kneel before these statues....

In this Allah is saying that Prophet Isa (as) will reject such things...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What makes Islam one of the fastest growing religions?

Example :

He may have been named after the local priest in his Irish hometown but Liam Neeson could be leaving his Roman Catholic beliefs behind. The 59-year-old actor is said to be considering converting to Islam following a working trip to Istanbul

'It really makes me think about becoming a Muslim'

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

Originally posted by racasan

I do not know where you got that translation but it is worded incorrectly

the way it should be reading is:

[Shakir 5:116] And when Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! did you say to men, Take me and my mother for two gods besides Allah? He [Isa] will [answer] saying: Glory be to Thee, it did not befit me that I should say what I had no right to (say); if I had said it, Thou [Allah] wouldst indeed have known it; Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I do not know what is in Thy mind, surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen things.

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 5:116]

Isa disclaims here any knowledge of the sort of things that are attributed to him by those who profess to follow him. The worship of Maryam, though repudiated by the protestants, was widely spread among the earlier churches, both in the east and the west. Isa further acknowledges that he was mortal, and that his knowledge was limited like that of a mortal, and that Allah alone is the owner of the heavens and the earth and whatever is in them, and that Allah is the almighty, the knowing and the wise.

quran.al-islam.org...

Ok I see so some Christians pray to Mary (queen of heaven as you point out) and some because she is the mother of god (Jesus I assume) well that means that for some Christians Jesus is seen as god

But you have to admit Qur'an 5:116 would look to a Christian like someone made a mistake about how Christians see the trinity - which is father son and Holy Ghost - just to be clear

The Catholics have put Mary higher than even Allah when they pray to her saying things like "Holy Mary Mother of God" this is placing Mary at a position higher than even Allah, they pray to her and call her also the Queen of heaven and make idols of her image and kneel before these statues....

In this Allah is saying that Prophet Isa (as) will reject such things...

I don’t think Catholics pray to Allah?

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join