It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allowing citizens to exercise a constitutionally-protected right is now “a slap in the face of law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Nice, huh?

This is what they think of us. We're all criminals just looking for blood. Not only are we all criminals but their laws are apparently all-powerful. Something they refuse to second guess even when using a failure of those laws as an excuse to keep them.

Republican state Sen. Jack Barnes, for instance, called it “a slap in the face of law enforcement” in New Hampshire, which has been overwhelmed recently with the death of one police chief and the wounding of four officers.
Link

It seems even "pro-gun" politicians can dance in the blood of victims from time to time.

Sure, in NH it's a $10 fee and a two week wait. Simple enough, right?

When looking at the consequences for not having that $10 piece of paper on you it's not so simple. Even though you may be lawfully permitted to carry lacking that permit suddenly creates a felon by virtue of bureaucracy.

Forgetting to dot an "i" or to cross a "t" shouldnt be a felonious crime. Yet it is.

Whoever violates the provisions of this section shall, for the first such offense, be guilty of a misdemeanor. For the second and for each subsequent violation of the provisions of this section, such person shall be guilty of a class B felony, provided such second or subsequent violation has occurred within 7 years of the previous conviction.

Taking into account all the other bureaucratic crimes the nickle and dime you into a jail cell like carrying on an ATV or carrying during hunting season just about anyone carrying full-time in the "free" state of NH will be open to some charge sooner or later.

Here the state reps were trying to get rid of one of these felonies by bureaucratic decree and the senate shut it down citing it as a "slap in the face to law enforcement".

That's a major complaint I have about this state. For all the supposed libertarians running around there seems to be an awfully high number of these old guard totalitarian politicians who, if given the chance, would give law enforcement complete reign over the state.

Prospective VP option Kelly Ayotte is one of these.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I've said it and will say it again.

The only reason why laws exist today is cause man chooses to acknowledge those man made laws,

I am me and no man made law pertains to me, that's the mentality us Americans need to get back in touch with.

They don't rule us we rule them.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

In your link it says that it would have allowed felons and the mentally unstable to own and carry guns without a permit. That would have violated a federal law. So, in a sense it would have been a slap in the face of federal law enforcement trying to do their job.

I am one of the most staunch 2nd amendment guys here. However, violent felons and the mentally unstable should be barred the access to guns in my opinion. I think we need to look in to who fits the criteria for those two groups.

In the context of the article I do think the politico was being absurd. Telling law abiding citizens they can't exercise their rights because somebody else abused them is the beginning of tyranny by any definition. It is especially so when statistical evidence shows that the loosening of gun laws has not made crime rates rise. The states with the highest rise in crime rates have been those that continue to further restrict gun rights.
edit on 7-5-2012 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join