It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private manned space plane unveiled!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
www.msnbc.com...

MOJAVE, Calif., April 18 � Aircraft designer Burt Rutan unveiled Friday a fully-built launch system that, if flights outside the atmosphere prove successful, would be the first private manned space program. Both the spacecraft, called SpaceShipOne, and its launch platform, a futuristic jet known as the White Knight, were developed and built in secret and have already begun tests at lower altitudes.

[Edited on 19-4-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   
IS it me or it really looks like a V-1 on extacy?

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
with all of the computers, tracking stations, veteran experts, etc. at NASA...they still manage to lose a spacecraft every now and then... I'd think that trying to get into space on your own is a risk of the highest magnitude.... Not something I'd do, but hey, more power to 'em!

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The is more on this on the newscientist

www.newscientist.com...

This is the strangest aircraft I think I have ever seen

Falcon

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
the only way to learn more about something is to take risks. for something like that i'd be more than willing to risk my own life, if i knew someday it'd benefit all of man kind.

the xprize program seems like an excellent way to discover people who would otherwise be unable to suggest ideas on spacecraft. many of the crafts seem capable of at least suborbital flight. maybe one of them will get into space.

new topics

top topics

join