It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. CEO's pay 231 times higher than that of average workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
source chicagotribune.com

The average U.S. chief executive earned more than $11 million last year in salary, stock options and other compensation, according to a new analysis by the Economic Policy Institute. That’s about 231 times more, on average, than workers.

I recall reading some years back that it was over 700 times.

Their figures make the average worker earning $47,000. How about factoring in the unemployed?
edit on Fri May 4 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I don't think it was as high as 700 times, im sure the owners of the companies pull in 700 times what the average worker makes.

231 times more it far too much for so little work.
I know people 40 years younger than these guys that work 3 times as hard and make minimum wage. I understand personal wealth is a thing, but 231 times? Thats greed. Who needs to make more than a million a year. I'de be lucky to make that in a lifetime.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Reply to post by oghamxx

So, should I feel guilty for risking everything and end up running a successful business? Sure, I take home a billion times more than even my highest paid employee, but I earned it. Plain and simple. The average bloke that works for me is nothing more than an idiot that failed in life. I pay them well, and I am a great boss. But I don't for a second think that those in my employ are the cream of the crop.

Sad, but 100% true. Should I not say it, should I read threads like this and not post?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Reply to post by gameisupman

My best employee earned $125k last year. Unfortunately he is now I in jail. I guess it doesn't matter how good I treat people, if they are morons it will always end the narrative.

I question my judgment in promoting him, but he was king of the sludge that works for me, so if I wanted to promote from within he was it. Last time I make that mistake. I hired an educated person to handle the position I wished my existing employees would fill and thing have turned around and exploded! I recently started exporting a decent amount of my labor, as the morons in America make it damn near impossible to compete globally.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Please...it really is nobody's business what a CEO of a company earns.

top topics

join