It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has God ever really answered your prayers ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
The part that annoys me about you religious types is you treat science like the devil.

It's true that many "religious types" think that science and belief in God are incompatible, but the numbers of believers who feel they are compatible are growing daily. It's too much to get into in a brief post, but the perceived incompatibility is built largely on misunderstood and mistranslated Bible passages. The whole "young earth" movement is one example, it's founded completely on mistranslations. The Bible doesn't say the earth is young, but a few religious leaders decided it did and swayed their followers to believe likewise. Unfortunately religious dogma (as well as scientific dogma) largely prevents any meaningful discussions on the symbiotic relationship of science and belief from taking place, there are some amazing developments there but the two factions are so utterly dug in that the middle ground is a total minefield. The truth is in the middle ground waiting to open up like a flower and reveal itself, but no one can go in there without getting bombed by one side or the other.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

What a warped and deterred view on the act and reasoning behind prayer. I would consider doing your homework on Christianity before making such brash statements. Prayers aren't simple "requests," it isn't a lotto or a wish list to Santa. Jeez, the people who scream ignorance fail to see the ignorance in themselves.

And you know what else is stupid? These scientific pseudo-intellectuals and self-righteous armchair physicists online screaming ignorance to these literal fundamentalist Christians. Evolution CAN make sense in Christianity, The Big Bang Theory CAN make sense in Christianity. Both sides need to get over their arrogance equally.
edit on 4-5-2012 by LiberLegit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Absolutely yes!!
Seek God's Kingdom first and His righteousness and all these other things will be added unto you.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Our thoughts bring the world to life.

Like all things, I am part of God.

I answer my own prayers when I can.

So yes.

Whats that saying about "Those who help themselves..."

as God in Futurama says about "himself"... "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I say yes he has and what most dont realize is the fact that it was said he will never put you ie something you can't handle you may feel you can't but he already knows you can maybe that's why you are seeing it that way our mind can be our own worst enemy and defeat you from accomplishing things that anyone can do all it takes is a spark of an idea that "I can't do this" and you already beat yourself before you even tried with other problems in others lives real problems would you expect him to drop everything to run to you when he knows you can handle it I equate that to being mad that an ambulance didn't come to help you with cold because they were busy helping your neighbor who was having a heart attack. Yes he helped me No not everytime and no not most of my life that I know of he may have been there but its refreshing in a way to know that dad is there but not over my shoulder watching me like a Nazi and that I have the choice to right or wrong and learn from it I would not want a God who is everything harping at me every step I take or mentioning every decision I make why I shouldn't have done that and yes I was raised Roman catholic and then walked away basically telling everyone there is no such thing but after 30 years of mistakes and bad decisions I fell so far and was ready to take my life and he intervened and made him self Known in a profound way and I will never doubt him again no matter if every single user on here flamed me daily because I know what happen to me maybe what you think is a huge problem might not really be you just think it is. What upsets me is everyone flames but that I want to have you see what I saw butI can't make that happen for you and you might find out to late. And what makes me laugh is that people will flame the hell out of things like my post but if your so UN happy about the world and its condition why would you be so quick to spoor down a good that happened if most of you could see what your posts look like out sounds very hypocritical if to a non believer and always the best humor on thus site is the constant complaining or flaming of others posts or beliefs and its allowed but let some one flip the coin and flame on you and all of a sudden its WW3 in this place you might as well put a sign up on the front page days welcome enjoy our ideals our please leave
edit on 4-5-2012 by IndianaOps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

Hmmm last time I checked 1% er's like Steve Jobs did not get his prayer prayer answered, oh wait maybe because he does not believe in God only herbal remedies...

I think I will stick with prayers to Allah and modern medicine...

Sniper...

link   
Seems I'm on his ignore list..I gave up on the prayer thing a long time ago he never helped me ever..
Now when i ask for help i ask a dead relative of mine and that seems to work better..I use to pray for a medical miracle once again i was ignored..I guess I'm just not a believer..peace,sugarcookie1

link   
yes, God has answered my prayers, but not always in the way I want them answered. -Just as parents can't always give a child what they want as they see the big picture...or see that what the child wants is not necessarily what they need....God is our parent in the same way. He also chooses not to do as we want even if it's something gravely important and/or minor....regardless of the issue....if He chooses to answer something that is gravely important or minor in the way we want....it's to show His glory to give as a testimony. -When He allows us to go through difficulties...it's to draw us back to Him...or develop strength and character within us. -the book of Job is an excellent example of this. -also, the book of Daniel helps one to remember there are princes/demons in this world that get in the way and can block some of our prayers from being heard. -Fasting and prayer, according to Jesus himself is the best way to have your prayers heard. Thanks :-)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The law of attraction guarantees that prayers are answered. Its just a matter of where that answer is coming from. Yes I have had prayers answered. Over and over again.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The answers are not always "yes" sometimes they are "no" and sometimes they are "wait". I do believe my son is struggling with all the stumbling blocks he has had to overcome to have life's dream/goal become reality. It is hard for him to understand why God would give him such a passion if he did not want him to reach it.

Something that helps is to remember what Jesus Mother said to Bernadette at Lourdes: "I can not promise you happiness in this life, but in the next."

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
God personally answer my prayers??? probably NOT, I think he/she has way too much to do than bother with than little ole me, but God's agents or the universe in general has definitely answered my prayers. Things don't happen immediately, I think God and his minions works on a very different schedule, so I'll pray for something, think that my prayers went unanswered and then months and sometimes even years later, my prayers get fulfilled.. now that I think about it, the answer should be Yes because even if he/she didn't personally answer my prayers they gave the authorization to whatever forces did

There's the problem, you put limits on what God can or can not do. That power is limitless. No need to worry about overworking God or putting too much on his shoulders or him not having time. And as a member of this cosmic community there is no such thing as" little ol you" because little ol you matters greatly. You are amazing just because you are.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Man raised from the dead on a table in the ER, by the Name of Jesus:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
Many make the mistake of thinking things like God cannot be tested and shown to exist, or not exist.

Once you define God, as the mainstream religions like Christianity have done, he is open to rational scientific investigation. You say prayer works, and the Bible is very clear that prayer works, to the effect that anything prayed for sincerely will be given. This is simply and demonstrably not so, and every believer knows it full well - yet they rationalize.

It is so easy to test prayer that scientists have actually done it, and those prayed for fare just as well, or badly, as those not prayed for. Prayer simply does not work, because no one is listening, at least no one willing to intervene with the unimportant lives of us insignificant humans.

Poor poor you.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
yes God has answered many prayers and some amazing ones too just recently. I've never seen a limb grown or a blind person see, but I've seen prayers answered that far exceed any statistical probability to answer the person who posted earlier. He said "you have not because you don't ask"

pray

link   
Originally posted by KaelemJames

You have a hate, should i say "a dislike" in humankind? I can pick that up by your signature

Yes i do. We are a plauge to Earth. And i soon believe that our violent nature will be our undoing in that we will destroy ourselves.

You are angry with our Creator 'cos of how humankind is treating the world, so whom can we blame? God? Even though i do not call our Creator by that name.

If a Creator does exist i would be angry because there is so much wrong with the world and if said Creator does exist he just sits there and watches it like sport, it is either extremely lazy or extremely incompetent and how people praise a Creator simply appalls me.

edit on 4-5-2012 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I found a long time ago that God helps those who help themselves.

and those who can not help themselves, which it was in your case for 2 years...

2nd*

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

You don't understand what I mean. Our psyches, core self and undertanding gets vastly distorted and smashed to smithereans here. Even thinking straight in lower frequency is very very hard. Anyone can tell this in their own lives, if they have been very sick or depressed, and their energy is very low (I have chronic fatigue so really can attest to this), that you are very fragile, get upset easier, that if there is a problem you're dealing you can't even begin to see a common sense solution that would pop right out immediately if you are feeling better.

We are not the brightest tools in the shed here, and many are destroyed in childhood. They have no free will past 4 or 5 say. There are always those who pat themselves on the back and attribute success in their lives at surviving horrific abuse in early childhood as meaning they're just all that, but the reality is, Family doesnt really care about you thinking you're all that, and they roll up their sleeves to go the lowest levels of the trenches and when asked who is the Greatest, they will hold up the smallest or most vunlnerable.

And when 10 children fall into a huge swift river like the Fraser, and a team is there trying to pull them out, 6 may be pulled out, but 4 drown. 40% of all little children abused become abusers, that almost half. By 5 they are psychopaths who have dissociated from themselves and people being real and more than objects, and so everyone is just a cardboard cutout to them/object. They have associated the only way to be safe is to be the abuser.

In any case, Family above, and Mom/Dad are teh most advanced psychologists and counselors known to the Universe. They understand everything. They don't care one wit about punishing if you've learnt any lessons at all and understand that your heart yearns for Love and Equality, but care about Healing and Helping.

In fact, they don't punish, they aren't like that, its our own souls that feel ashamed and so disappointed with ourselves and that are very hard on us.

We all need to be like that ourselves. Its called growing up.

edit on 4-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Curiously enough, if you talk to yourself, or some such, you are labeled a loon, to put it mildly, however, talking to a non existant man made "deity" its all right.

One of my friends started telling me that he was allright, that after 5 years without a job it was no big deal he needed to do nothing because god would provide, guess how hes doing...

As pointed before, theres no almighty being, no cosmic justice, just the odds and self suggestion.

That same friend says life treats you well as long as you treat it well, I remind him of the kids born with diseases, or that get broken families. But I guess in some minds anything can make sense.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Do have any video evidence to support his story?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Little boy, healed of eye cancer.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join