It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has God ever really answered your prayers ?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Yes, God has answered my prayers. I'll share some of my story.

I was going to kill myself and no human knew. Not one. I was really fine with it and intended to leave no note. My plan was to shoot myself in the head with my father's gun the minute I was alone in the house. I didn't believe in God and had a kind of pity for stupid people that did. After all, how could there be a God when not one of my prayers had been answered--ever? I'd endured a horribly abusive childhood, lots of disappointment with people and lots of other adversity. God never seemed to do anything when I prayed.

For a solid week I looked for my opportunity and I was NEVER alone in the house. I was actually eager to kill myself. My father was always (and I do mean always) there and I didn't have one minute alone in the house. By the end of the week, I started getting pissed he never left the house. I don't know why but I found myself ranting about God and all those "stupid people" that believe in him. And then I said something like "if you're really there then you better do something because as soon as I can I'm going to kill myself."

Well, God took that snotty "prayer" if you will and saved my life. He intervened to stop me from killing myself. It was a true miracle. I'm cutting the story short because I'm tired but all I can tell you is God IS REAL and He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES YOU. God does indeed answer prayer. Sometimes we don't realize that He's very present with us in the midst of our struggles.

One of the things that happened to me was that as a kid my mother despised me. She really hated having to touch or be near me. I repulsed her. My grandmother told me that even as a baby she wouldn't pick me up and hold me to feed me. She'd leave me in the crib and prop a pillow under my head and reach her hand into the crib and put the bottle in my mouth. Even as a baby she'd only hold me when she had to.

A couple of years ago, I was praying with someone who didn't know a thing about my childhood. As we're praying, God give this person a picture of something for me that he's at first reluctant to share because it seems so strange. He says God's showing him a crib with a baby inside that in his vision he knows is me . He says God is showing him a "golden hand" coming into the crib with a bottle to feed me. The Lord was showing Him that it was HIS hand that fed me. That vision brought healing to me in my spirit. I'm sharing this with you so that you'll see that God does sustain us and answer us in ways WE can't always see. This world is filled with pain and suffering but God has a place for us in eternity where there's no more sorrow or death or disease or evil. And in this world He's alongside of us to get us through. Believe He loves you and He's there for you because He is!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Basically OP , you are asking for a sign for the existence of Yahweh or Jesus ( I guess , don't know if you meant Protestant Christians or not).

There is a story in the Bible - i will post it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

14 Therefore he sent horses and chariots and a great army there, and they came by night and surrounded the city.

15 And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was
an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant
said to him, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?”

16 So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”

17 And Elisha prayed, and said, “Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

18 So when the Syrians came down to him, Elisha prayed to the Lord, and said, “Strike this people, I pray, with blindness.” And He struck them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.

-------------------------------------------------------------

God acts on prayers , you just don't always get to see it. Notice here , Yahweh super naturally opened the eyes of the servant so he may see the world we cannot perceive and he saw God act on the prayer requested by Elisha.

Will he always do what you ask? Depends on what you are asking. Only Faith moves God. If you blindly ask for something and the moment you dont see him answer when you want it or need it and you break away ... you didnt have a whole lot of faith.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Why doesn't God answer prayers? The argument is very simple. If he answers one person's prayer, then why doesn't he answer everyone? If he answers everyone, then why doesn't he answer everyone every time they have a problem? And if he does that, then what's the point of life?

Remember that movie where Morgan Freeman act as God and he didn't want to answer prayers because he was hearing a million prayers in his head? Either God is lazy, or well, he just wants you to figure things out on your own. Think of this life as a test.

As far as my experience, I can't say that it's really God who answers my prayers, but I can tell you that there seems to be "beings" out there that not only answer your prayers, but they also monitor what you think very carefully. They will NOT allow you to abuse the power of prayer(or thoughts.) I thought for sure that I have achieved what is "spooky actions at a distance," but then suddenly, it appears that my thoughts have been blocked, and so far, no amount of reasoning with "them" have allowed these thoughts to get through.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
My aunt did, she prayed for the dream job and she got it. It came from FB, no face to face interviews, her employer took from that, would be believe that???

Set your heart straight, have a passion for the much less fortunate, and you'll see miracles everyday.

You'll never find God at the pinnacle of our technological achievements, gold diggers, gossip mags, TVs, you know what I mean do ya?? It's in nature, helping, reaching out to the rest of the suffering world, not the nearest beer can or the phone to see where the next party is going to be at. Do you know that most of the 6 billion people on this planet has horrible income and living conditions compared to yours??

Even if you missed that opportunity to get a rare part for your hot rod, you are still extremely lucky and blessed by comparison to most people around the world!!

The suffering world is already crying, open your eyes, your ears, and your heart to it, don't drown it with alcohol!!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Reading through these pages...

I still haven't read about a miracle that couldn't have happened without "God's hand"

I'll pray to myself tonight in full love and faith in myself that everyone here will be free from the shackles of religion.

If you're still a believer by the end of tomorrow, it's not because I didn't want to change you, but it's because I have other plans for you. Don't feel bad.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Originally posted by humphreysjim
I think the most important question might be:

What kind of God only answers prayers when the person asking has absolute conviction, belief, and faith?

Is that supposed to be a display of morality, justice, what?

An even better question:

What kind of God knows what is good, and knows what a person wants, and yet requires them to make the request in person anyway, so he can alter the entire Universe around his single request?

If you pray and God answers your prayer, does that mean he deviates from his "Plan"?

HOLY...WOW,i dont even want to answer those questions,but your point is 100% valid.

Q- "so he can alter the entire Universe around his single request?"

I think he has to humphreysjim.

Doesn't Yahweh have to go to zero time to add or subtracted from the total energy of the Universe from the point of the singularity to change the chain of events from the Big Bang to the point of our time when a prayer is being answered, LastProphet527?

You know it could be that if one prayer is answered another has to be cancelled out.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

God will probably never answer prayers publicly, why? Because if he does that even once, everybody will change, and where would all these arguments whether he exists go(keep in mind that God could may very well just be a computer programmer sitting in his basement, who is amused by us arguing about his existence)? What he prefers the most are "ambiguous situations," so that people will maintain a certain free will in their actions(though ultimately, I think he DOES want to be known(hence leaving clues about the structures of the universe and how it was created), but only after people become more enlightened, "without knowing for sure" that he exists FIRST).

As far as stopping the holocaust, well, to do that, he would have had to stop Hitler from being born, in which case you would ask, why didn't he prevent Napoleon, etc which goes back to my earlier argument.

It's also possible that this God is only a sub-god to other gods, and the people on this Earth are reincarnated to repay for their karma, due to their actions in other universes.

There are a lot of answers as to why the god of this universe created this world as is, and only answers certain prayers. The problem is that we don't even know the fundamental structures of the universe/multiverse, so we cannot give an accurate answer to this question.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ptenjakin

I can prove to you that I created a miracle(or at least rule out any logic that it could have happened otherwise). Originally, I didn't want to show you the method(imagine what happens when you could just make miracles happen at will, see, gotta think from "their" POV)), only the effects, but I guess THEY forced my hand.

I'll give you a hint. Supposed that you could "get" a basketball player to jump higher with your thoughts, what would happen to sports?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

What if one prays to themself rather than God.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
reply to post by LastProphet527

In a word 100% Yes ....I wont elaborate on the answered prayer other than to say He did it in a 3 fold way ..and it has happened over a period of 2 weeks ...He has also answered many other prayer request, right on this site ...He most defiantly works in mysterious ways, not always giving us what we think we want but giving us much better than we were capable of understanding at the time of the request ...peace

This is so TRUE. He answers our prayers above what we could have imagined. I learned to not pray for specific solutions to specific problems because I would always get my way and most of the time the solutions I was praying for were not very good. Now I just pray and thank God for the things I know he is going to do in my life.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ptenjakin
Reading through these pages...

I still haven't read about a miracle that couldn't have happened without "God's hand"

I'll pray to myself tonight in full love and faith in myself that everyone here will be free from the shackles of religion.

If you're still a believer by the end of tomorrow, it's not because I didn't want to change you, but it's because I have other plans for you. Don't feel bad.

As you pray to "yourself" and in faith of "yourself", you cannot recognise any of the posts demonstrating answered prayers. There was an absolutely honest response in a post prior to yours, but you couldn't see it - you are blind to the words in the post. Why? Because to you, the cross is "foolishness", but to those who believe, it is the POWER of God. Jesus' life, death and resurrection is God's evidence to all in this world, and very few can say that they are not aware that He is the Saviour. What you allow to interfere with that knowledge and what you do with is your choice in the end.
edit on 5-5-2012 by WhoKnows100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
So, what has this…conjured pretend God ever done for you?

Out of ALL the many "pretend God's" in the world you could have attacked, you chose Jesus. Could that possibly be just a coincidence? SURELY that can't possibly be due to chance. What do you think the odds are of that? Anyone else besides me ever wonder WHY all the debates are almost always about Christians and their "pretend God"?

I have been amused by this for a long time. Even atheists use God's name or say "Jesus Christ" when they get angry. When they are rational, they will say there is no god or that god is represented in some other form, but when they aren't thinking and something just comes out of their mouth, they prove that they know there is a God and that they know His name.

I have never ONCE heard anyone say:
  • "Buddha dammit"
  • “Oh my Ganesh!”
  • "Zeus dammit"
  • "oh my Allah!"

Ever wonder WHY no one EVER brings up anything about Buddha or Mohammed being a myth?

Why is it that Atheist's ONLY attack the Biblical God? Has it ever occurred to anyone else that just MAYBE it is because He happens to be the REAL God?

One of the royal secrets of 32nd degree masons is "We worship the devil, and the name of Yeshua, AKA Jesus Christ is forbidden in any lodge."

They don't care if you mention Buddha, Krishna, Zeus, Joseph Smith, or even L Ron Hubbard. Just DON"T say the name of JESUS! WHY IS THAT!?

Are all of these other "God's" immune from attack only because they are REAL God's while Jesus is the only "pretend God" around?

WHY is it that the the TPTB are only interested in abolishing the "pretend God"?

"The goal of the Illuminati is to destroy Christianity and Western civilization. Illuminati worship lucifer and teach that Jesus is a myth."

"The express aim of the Order was to abolish Christianity, and overturn all civil Government." ~ John Robison

Ask yourself WHY their only intent is to destroy Christianity while they NEVER mention:
  • Eckankar
  • Krishna
  • Rosicrucianism
  • Scientology
  • Unitarian Universalist
  • Christian Science
  • Jehovah Witnesses
  • Mormonism
  • Theosophy
  • Church of Scientology
  • The New Age Movement
  • Hare Krishna Movement
  • The Unification Church (AKA Moonies)
  • Buddhism
  • Falun Gong
  • Hinduism
  • Sikhism
  • Islam
  • Judaism
  • Taoism

Oh, BTW yes the "pretend God" has in fact done so MANY incredible miracles for me personally that if I were to tell you about them you would think I were absolutely NUTS. Some of them are so completely "impossible" that they leave absolutely no question about WHO did it or WHY. This "pretend God" has PROVEN Himself to be anything BUT make believe. There are many "Gods" in this world but there is only one TRUE God. He loves to do miraculous things for His people and the end result of these miracles is that ALL doubt about who He is is erased completely. I believe that MOST if not ALL of us have received countless miracles and don't even KNOW it because I have seen so many personally and I am anything BUT special.

edit on 5-5-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
reply to post by LastProphet527

Not to point out the obvious, but what kind of narcissistic person would pray to the divine for material gain? The problem with us mortals is that we ask for the things we want and often neglect the things we need.

Yes! Let's all pray to have every nuclear missile lift off and head to a dead planet somewhere out in the universe. Let's all pray that no more babies will be born with hideous defects. Let's all pray that no one will suffer from mental disorders ever again.

Sad thing is, I know there are some here thinking, "YEAH WE CAN DO THIS!"

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I grew up in an extreme pentecostal house. I never even knew there were other religions until high school, but I was always open-minded. Religion has helped me and emotionally scarred me. It doesn't matter what happens, I'll always wonder if I was brain washed or if the things that plague my mind are my own real thoughts.

There are only a few things certain for me, one is that God is real, two is that God has answered my prayers, and three God doesn't mind that I'm not totally certain of all the details otherwise he wouldn't constantly be there for me as he is.

Even when I was a teenager and being completely "rebellious" I still heard the voice of God, and it wasn't just him condemning me to hell even though others might expect that. The God I know is loving, and yes at times incredibly scary. I do not believe in an all loving God. I've suffered, gone through pain, heartbreak, sorrow, and maybe those were more at my own doing than his, but bottom line is that in the end everything was OK.

I died once, it was my fault that I died. The feelings of my NDE were so intense that I was certain I experienced Hell. I had a dream of this experience when I was 12 years old 4 years before it happened. I had dreams of my son being born, in the same bed he was conceived in years before I even met his father. My son became very ill with whooping cough, hand foot and mouth disease, and swine flu, but I prayed and he survived those things. The human body should get credit where credit is due too, we have amazing bodies that are capable of surviving diseases. If you believe in God, then you would believe our immune systems alone are wonders(in fact you don't even have to believe in God to see the wondrous capabilities our body has).

My husband stopped breathing once, I prayed over his blue body with a fury as I tried to do his breathing for him. The ambulance workers assumed he was having a drug overdose, even though I told them he did no drugs. They treated him for a heroin overdose. He went into a coma, and the hospital did a drug test on him to see what drugs he did. He had no drugs in his system. The hospital didn't do anything for him after he came out of his coma, as they had nothing to give reason for his breathing to stop. It is my belief that it was prayer that got him through that.

I have a lot of things in my life to be thankful for, some are miracles, and some ..are just ordinary everyday things that most people have. These things are my proof alone. However, it would be impossible for anyone else to be swayed to think God is real based purely on my own experience, at least I wouldn't want anyone to search for God because they read a post on a forum. I would hope that people would seek him out for their own reasons and find the God that I know. Though, a God should always be somewhat feared, the love and mercy I've felt while alive is far more persuading of a God than the story of hell.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Violetshy because: Grammar correcting

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I have never asked god for anything, and my life is rather good. Sure I have a couple of debts here and there, but at the end of the day, I will be able to get through them without the help of "GOD."

Most people ask god for things that are meant to happen.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Yes, Yah has answered many of my prayers.

It's true ... look around you ... it is Christianity that is being so attacked by these 'globalists' ...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
So is this still a "Deny Ignorance" website?

Religion is the cornerstone of ignorance.

Why can't people shake the disease? Is its hold on your heart too strong?

Fight it!
edit on 5/5/12 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I didn't pray as a kid unless I was visiting my Father's house (once a year for a month). Then, I only said some prayers with my younger step-sister as a lip service to fit in. One night she prayed that this cruel and violent child who was supposed to go to Disney Land with us the next day would not go with us. This child was extremely mean and always hitting us or throwing things at us whenever the parents couldn't see.

I just about choked on my cereal when my step-mother announced that the child was not coming with us to Disney Land because she came down with an ear infection the night before.

edit on 5/5/12 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I have experiened what some people might call mirricals. My truck almost fishtailed under a semi years ago but some how flew over a 5 ft. pole and landed in a field. My cars transmission went out on a highway. The van creeped into what I persieved to be a home mechanic place where I could drop my van off till I could get a tow on monday. It turned out to be a transmission shop and the mechanic was there to give me a ride home. Years ago, I was in college, married with a child, I didn't have enough money to feed us that week. I forget the full detail of the circumstances but a business check for $35. in my name came. These are only a few. I can't explain them.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I have had needs met mysteriously, suddenly, out of the blue. When it happens, its an apparent miracle. I didn't pray for divine intervention at the time. It just happens.

One rime I was "homeless". It was Christmas holiday weekend and absolutely every business was closed. I was out of food, gas and sitting in my truck in a parking lot wondering what I was going to do. Something kept telling me to just start the truck and drive (nothing more). I fought the idea for some time, because the notion that It was useless to waste what little gas I had for no reason kept preventing me from turning the key. I sat there for some time resisting the urge until I couldn't resist any longer.

I started the engine and rolled no more than 50 feet when I spotted a bit of paper blowing across my path that looked like money. Nooooo... I slammed it in park, jumped out and chased down the flitting bit of paper. When I picked it up it was a 10 dollar bill. Back then 10 dollars was enough gas to motor on, cheese burger, fries and coke and a pack of cigarettes.

If I had stayed where I was, I would have missed it. It was windy that day. If I had rolled other than when I did, I would have missed it. If I had not been crossing that space just when I did, with my eyes on some bit of paper blowing in front of the front bumper, I would have missed it.

You want a definition of answered prayer... I didn't pray for that. You want a deliverance for my needs being met in a miraculous way, well I leave that for you to decode.

To me it was obvious. I had a need and it was answered. Just enough to get by. Something about the birds and lilies of the field being taken care of without reaping or sowing comes to mind. Just enough to get by.

Please don't spoil this message by posting me with a bunch of religious dogma.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join