It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has God ever really answered your prayers ?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom

Originally posted by LastProphet527
Why is it that 100% of all humans’ prayers go unanswered every second of every body’s life here on earth, why?

Why is it that threads like these are 100% false and misleading? (See, I can pull statistics out of my ass too.)

But to answer your question about prayers - Yes, yes he has. And trust me, the situation I was in required nothing less of a miracle to get me out of. That's all I have to say.

Seems that's all anyone has to say. Never details. And even if details were given it would be followed by, "Well, I believe god answered my prayer."

Has anyone's child fallen off a skyscraper and someone's prayer inspired god to stop the child halfway to the ground? A foot from the ground? Has anyone's quick prayer helped them to escape a head-on collision by the other car dematerializing? Has anyone prayed for someone to return to life after being burnt to a crisp in a fire?

No god is going to answer a prayer to help find someone's lost wedding ring, or even help an alcoholic to recover and let an innocent little baby die of starvation. Not MY god anyway.
edit on 5/4/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

I'd have been on the first boat...

Hahhahahaha

True though...

xx

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianOrion

In my thoughts, 2 lads with crow bars who beat someone up when they owe that person money...probably don't pray. .... All I can say is... there is sin, God does not deny this, nor does he tell us that he will always keep the sin from us, nor us from the sin, after all, if the world were perfect, Jesus would not need to have come to begin with. The fact that you could find it in you to forgive them, to me is an answer in itself. I'm not sure I could have done the same.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Right? lol.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

There seemed to be no other solution...

Either go after them both at a future date... or let go...

Forgiveness... I was 20 years old... 17 years ago...

And now I am nursing another attack... Broken right shoulder this time... Amongst other wounds...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
reply to post by 0mage

I don't think it has to do with "doing it right" I think it has more to do with recognizing the answer. Those who say god has not answered their prayers, simply aren't recognizing or realizing that he has. An example of my point? My aunt told me this joke once and helped me to make better sense of what she meant.

There is a man, and his house, and a flood has come. he has no transportation. His neighbors, knowing of the flood to come ask him to go ahead and leave with them for safety. He tells them, No, " I believe and have faith in my God and he will save me, he will protect me." The flood begins to come. Its up to his door, a boat passes by with people on it and they offer to help him. He tells them "No, I believe and have faith in my God, and he will save me, he will protect me" the boat goes on. the flood waters rise, they are now up to the second story windows. A bigger boat comes by, with more room. The man has climbed up to his roof. They offer to help him. He tells them "No, I believe and have faith in my God, and he will save me, he will protect me." That boat goes on. Now, the flood is just about covering the roof of his house, a helicopter comes, and throws down the rope for the man to be able to climb up and into the helicopter, into safety. The man yells out... "NO, I believe in and have faith in my God, and he will save me, he will protect me." The man drowns.

He is now in Heaven, and in front of God. He says to God: "God, I do not understand, I had faith in you, I believed in you all my life, I prayed to you to help me, why did you not answer my prayer?, why did you not save me?"

God replies: "I gave you good neighbors with a car, 2 boats and a helicopter....what more of an answer did you want?"

Two men look through prison bars, one sees mud one sees stars.

It's like those magic pictures that just look like patterns until you focus a certain way...
...and a whole 3D view appears.

The Spirit of God is as present as the atmosphere but some refuse to breath.

edit on 4/5/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I was saved by a woman!

A lady who screamed so loud, she startled the attackers...

My friend, whose house I was calling at, released his Labrador (golden retriever) and their attack was stopped...

Or was it God?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

You don't need God in your life to have forgiveness. That's bad reasoning.

Someone hit me my car while it was parked. I forgave them and didn't pursue it with the insurance. Is it because I thought that's what God would have done? NO. I did it because I felt the trouble it would've caused the family in comparison to the dent to my car was not worth it.

If you're nice then you're nice. If you're mean then you're mean. No amount of GOD is going to change that.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

First, I don't "pray" to an almighty as I think we are all the composite of what we call "God" As such, "God" experiences temporal moments and precious mortality threw each of us. Christ being of man with all the hangups, and something divine was as close as I can get to a "God having an ego, or sense of self, a personality" IS CLOSE TO ME PERHAPS MORE BECAUSE I was raised as a Christian.

I also seek the amorphous wisdom of the Buddha who started out very mortal but evolved incarnate, hence he is referred to as The Buddha, or The Enlightened One. Also to me, The Buddha became beyond ego, sense of self.

Christ died in agony and from scripture at least asked his Father "Why"? That implies personality, or why ask yourself that unless its a rhetorical question? Has God answered my prayers? How would I know? I don't "pray" to win the lottery but do my best to help those I can, known person or stranger. I guess in time I will find out "my score"

To me I can not envision any God as a single personality, a single ego. To limiting, and frankly boring. But as a composite of all life everywhere, that alone gives me a strong sense of peace, and love. I've come close to death a couple times including two NDE's and to me there was NO sense of "me", only wonder after they brought me back. Absolutely no emotion or sense of identity except that my tiny mind could conceive as WOW. But I had to be resuscitated to feel that.

A single God-ego is what certain people associate with a punishing God. I don't. Such tripe is like saying the almighty has a favorite color, a favorite comfortable chair, and is not very "enlightened". That last sentence defines ME, not God.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It is an amazing thing to realize a prayer has been answered...
...it is even more so to know you have been used to answer someone elses prayer.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Short answer: Yes

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ptenjakin

You were blessed to be in your circumstances... no?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
God never did any thing for anyone.

Faith in God may have helped people get through tough times, but God never actually did anything for anyone, those people did it themselves, every single time.

I healed my back?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture1200

You missed a big point of the story of Yeshua Ben Yosef...

His sacrifice... surely started a series of questions within Religion?

Was/Is Yeshua Ben Yosef God?

NO>>>

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Who's STILL typing?

I am RHanded and typing with my LHand...

Fo shixxle

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by babybunnies
God never did any thing for anyone.

Faith in God may have helped people get through tough times, but God never actually did anything for anyone, those people did it themselves, every single time.

I healed my back?

Your back healed, and you interpreted that as God?

We need a revolution so we can eliminate this type of thinking.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Just like all those dying kids elsewhere. They were blessed too?

It's a matter of luck. I don't think any conscious being put me where I am today.

That doesn't mean I don't appreciate where I am. But at the same time I feel no need to attribute anything to a supreme being.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Humility and even a bit of acknowledging we dont know what our souls wanted, how long they wished to stay, etc etc, is a part of praying or meditating, or envisioning, healings and miracles. Dolores Cannon, uses regression to connect to your Higher Self and discover your life lessons and whatever you came to learn to overcome weaknesses or karma, and Higher Self often heals people.

We need to seek what life is telling us, to find the growth factor in all hardships and really work through things, for karma is not meant as punishment but as a gift to nudge our awareness of a pattern that repeats, so maybe it needs some love and understanding.

But we also can envision healings and love and yet have the humbleness to know that sometimes people are brought home when its time too.

But I just had a flash on what is a classic example of karma (of course ask yourself why the wealthy who murder others with their orders, are only enriched, while missionaries are raped, ie those trying to feed the poor, shrugs, karma????)

OK, so lets say someone came in to the depths of poverty and lived a short neglected sorrowful life, of pain and suffering in the streets of Africa, their mother died of aids.

Lets say, their soul punished them and was saying, you need to suffer now?

Many would think this is really the world around them. But Family isn't really like that, and many of those poor are very Loving souls that are here to nudge us, they took the hard position to spare us and nudge us.

So we're just pretending.

Well I would say this, then the Teamwork family expects, and the Love of others who believe in healing and demonstrating compassion, would step in and equalize, reach all in need, rescue that child, find a group home where others were having happy childhoods, not slave labor of children, and the message would be this to that child's Higher Self and to that child's soul:

Love shines Love and we learn Love best by having Love modelled to us. When someone is so damaged in their core to not understand compassion, when their own light and soul is compassion, this is something that needs healing and instruction. What best way to teach compassion than to be compassion and show the person how much they are loved and what compassion looks like in action?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Now another thing came to me, because we all see God as different. And One or Oneness as different.

In infinity, there is not time, but there are no limits either, there is boundless, endless, infinite everything in variety, all at once.

So I was tracing this oneness up, as we grow and retrace somewhere in the fractals, lets say we zoom into one and start tracing to the bigger higher self and consciousness, tracing, to find the Greater Soul yet again, tracing to the One, the point where merge with One Infinite Being. But, there is a problem, remember how I said infinite fractals, that go on infinitely forever. Well, I was just shown in the bath, that all we would do is step out of that level, realm, universe or even portion/frequecy of beyond, akin to stepping out of a computer screen, and we would as that One, simply be one out of every so many souls there in those channels, realms, lessons, and that this process in ifninity goes on forever, and that its all at once.

Mind boggling isn't it. Turn the pyramids upside down because we're in infinity. If it was finite, it would have been a flash in the pan, and ended long ago.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
I'm agnostic and tend to believe more on an energy based spiritual view of the world as a more plausible explanation than God.

All living forms appear to have a form of energy (calorie ) and once we die I believe that energy goes to a large energy pool. I think we are like a search bot and when we are living we are collecting individual knowledge and experiences and when we die we upload to the main energy pool. So in a way we are all connected and their is an infinite source of information to be tapped in to. Sometimes I think we can open a port to the main energy source to upload mini dumps or sometimes download themes that can be applied to our existence or perform upgrades or downgrades to ourselves. Since energy can't be created nor destroyed and we require energy while living it just kind of makes sense to me.

That's an interesting theory, I like it enough that I may have to borrow part of it. There are always little gaps or flaws in most theories that need filling, your concept of WE had made me look at a few things differently, which I always enjoy.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join