It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Ron Paul supporters are sheep.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
You may not want to believe it, but the way that the Paul supporters act are the exact same way that the sheep for Obama acted in 2008. You act as if he is the messiah. You take his word as gospel. You believe everything he states, just as they did with Obama in 08. Sure he has a near flawless record, but that doesn't mean he can't decieve people. You shell out all of your money when Paul doesn't need it. He made $20 million, closed that money donation, then opened up another and asked for more. Why doesn't he just spend his 20 million?

If no one wants to believe, open your eyes and look around. Both, on ATS and Paul's Facebook page are littered with sheep. I am a supporter of Paul, but i don't follow everything he says as the one and only. I know that you are all enthsiastic about him, but come one, settle down and clear your heads. You need to look at these situations clearly, without a sheep mentality.

Thanks

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
You forget that 95% of the population are sheep.. Therefore there are a lot of sheep paul supports.
There's a lot of sheep in general, thats probably not going to change until we have good and truthful media rather than the crap we have now.

And better education.
Less indoctrination

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
You are correct in that RP has a lot of people that are very passionate about his candidacy. What you fail to mention is the people such as myself that support RP, but if he were to run as VP for Romney or another candidate I would not support the ticket.

RP sits on a very precarious ledge in which he could lose that support just as fast as he gained it if he does not follow through with the specific ideology he has laid out.

His biggest fans could become his worst critics if he is not careful.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I agree with both of you and you both raise very good points.

Yes, Paul must keep his ideologies where they are in order to maintain trust.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
That should say "Most Romney supporters are sheep people".

Seriously.
edit on 4-5-2012 by IndieA because: pc correction

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

It'll happen.

Always does.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
BAAAA!!!

BAAAA!!

GO RON PAUL!!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I see many people who resemble that

As i said, i support Ron Paul, just that most of his supporters must calm down and stop taking everything at face value.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I can somewhat agree with this statement, however I think if there was one candidate to be a sheep to follow, it'd be Dr. Paul.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I would venture to say that most sheep support R$ or Obama at this point. RP isn't even in their minds and they have no one to blame but themselves for not denying ignorance.

But yeah, you raised a point that has been ignored constantly. Many people claim that it's not the same because Obama and Paul are vastly different in policy. A messiah is a messiah.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I personally believe we'll see a large-scale meltdown among RP supporters on here if the Republican party is able to successfully suppress RP.

It happened when folks on the left got a whiff of what Obama really had in store for them.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
All the other "shepherds" are about to lead us over a cliff. Why not follow the one who will at least TRY to lead us to greener pastures. Obama is no comparison. He came out of nowhere, razzle dazzled the people in to voting for him with no record of good performance. Paul's record speaks for itself. When you look at the choices being presented by the media, well, there is no choice. Paul is our only hope to break the stranglehold.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
People are desperate right now and when in this state they immediate grasp on to the faintest glimmer of hope. often with out considering the consequences of their choices. Paul could very well turn out to be a disaster if he was elected but too many people want to stick their fingers in their ears and yell "lalalalala"to avoid the possible realities that could spring up.

It largely boils down to the average persons constant need to have things incredibly oversimplified for them to make it easy to digest. In other words Ron Paul = unquestionably good. his opponents = Satan.

It is troubling how quickly people forget only a few years back another man was heralded as being the one to bring about. great change and was for the people but look how that turned out.
Further If Paul is a step in the right direction you must consider he is only one man. The fact of the matter is we need to do a a huge cleaning out of our governing body. Paul is possibly a good start BUT merely a good start in what would be an uphill battle from that point on.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Honestly, find me a single candidate who doesn't have a large following of what can only be described as sheep. At least Paul has given you reason to believe him. As with any candidate, you should keep them in check, and I think Paul has done a great job of being open.

Politics is tough. You have to run the gambit of trying to balance viewing all politicians with a grain of salt, and also not falling into paranoid fantasies that everyone is out to get you.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by IndieA

Honestly, find me a single candidate who doesn't have a large following of what can only be described as sheep. At least Paul has given you reason to believe him. As with any candidate, you should keep them in check, and I think Paul has done a great job of being open.

Politics is tough. You have to run the gambit of trying to balance viewing all politicians with a grain of salt, and also not falling into paranoid fantasies that everyone is out to get you.

Title should Read... Most Americans are sheep.....
However most of the RP supporters I have met are willing to have a conversation and be open minded to new information. Other canidate supporters are the same sheep except they have their hands over thier ears going lalalalalalalalalalalalala

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by Sinny

I see many people who resemble that

As i said, i support Ron Paul, just that most of his supporters must calm down and stop taking everything at face value.

I mostly disagree with you. The average Ron Paul supporter now knows much more about politics than the aberage Obama supporter knew in 2008. We trust him because as you said, near flawless record, and has been in the game for 40+ years! He wasnt a community organizer turned presidential nominee.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
This actually a true phenomenon. I wouldn't have said "most" Paul supporters are sheep, but certainly some are. Ron Paul has many, many great ideas, but I don't agree with everything. I often see his market ideology extrapolated to absolutely every situation. I found it alarming when I saw a video of Ron Paul advocating for the nuclear industry. That is the anti-thesis of his free-market policy. Those plants and the entire industry itself wouldn't exist without the massive yearly multi-billion dollar subsidies of tax payer money and tax payer backed insurance policies for the plants, since Wall Street won't touch'em with a ten foot pole. I also, after watching the Secret of Oz, question the need for money to be backed by gold, which can be manipulated by mining companies and large banks capable of altering the precious metal markets. Take control of the money supply from private hands and put it into a publicly controlled/influenced organization, the Treasury. I'll include the nuclear power video of Ron Paul just for evidence that Paul is still human and capable of mistakes and hypocrisy.

Paul advocating government subsidies:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

RP sits on a very precarious ledge in which he could lose that support just as fast as he gained it if he does not follow through with the specific ideology he has laid out.

That's just it. How doe he plan on following through if he were to become President? Answer: He simply can't. He has an entire Congress in the way. The same Congress that has had no problem doing absolutely nothing for two years now, just to block the current President from "following through".

If Ron Paul supporters are serious about his Presidency run, they need to spend some serious time figuring out who they need to vote for in their respective Congressional races to help tip the scales towards Ron Paul.

This Congress won't back his plans for the budget, the military, the Fed, or much of anyhting else for that matter.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
To be fair, everyone is a sheep...it's just that different groups follow differnet shepherds.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

wow you are completely right!

The reason I'm not voting for Ron Paul is because of the fans... call me cynical because I know I am... I really can't stand people who think that a politician is perfect... He's not he's a politician!

(that makes sense right?)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join