It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Asus Warranty Does Not Cover "Space Invasion"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Recently bought a new Asus product and noticed that damage due to "space invasion" is not covered under my warranty.

Do you think they know something or someone thought it would be funny because its 2012?

It seems other people noticed also: gizmodo.com...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I would classify this as an "Easter Egg". Anyone that takes the time to read the manual, will find a little bit of humor.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

What if the ETs are already here ? Would that class as a space invasion ?

Maybe it should be worded

There is damage caused by natural disaster, intentional or unintentional misuse, acts of war, ET Invasion, abuse, neglect, improper maintenance, or use under abnormal conditions

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

Thats covering themselves for all eventualities... At the moment of invasion from space all warranties become void

Seriously though, I expect it means that if you damage your computer while upgrading or are for whatever reason inside the case, ie Invading its 'space' then you won't be covered.

Thats what I would take it to mean anyway.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I thought it was just a joke on their part. But from other links in that site, it seems that the space invasion part is indeed included in the warranty clause. Anyway, no worry. If there is a space invasion, no one is going to fix your computer anyway. Everyone is busy hiding.

What I believe though is that if there are space beings coming to visit our planet, they will not come as invaders. More like friendly space visitors. Do not believe MSM too much which portray them as space invaders.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Wouldn't that be under "Acts of war"?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Asus makes some of the best performing boards on the market
The company is probably full of gamers.

And its a prerequisite to be insane when you work with computers ;D, Its definitely a bit of humour. Most people who buy asus products don't really read the manuals anyway.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
my last motherboard from ASUS (and i DO mean my last) still doesn't work properly after a billion updates.

someone told me they aren't the same company they were in the naughties...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
my last motherboard from ASUS (and i DO mean my last) still doesn't work properly after a billion updates.

someone told me they aren't the same company they were in the naughties...

It must be faulty hardware, that happens sometimes with any company.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
the term "space invasion" is a broad term that may include meteorites or rays from the sun.
As they didn't mention "invasive actions by extraterrestrial and or interdimensional species" they are possibly just hedging their bets.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe

Recently bought a new Asus product and noticed that damage due to "space invasion" is not covered under my warranty.

Do you think they know something or someone thought it would be funny because its 2012?

It seems other people noticed also: gizmodo.com...

That sucks. I hope insurance companies don't follow suit. I'm planning on cashing in the moment one of those space jerks decides key my car door.

If the zombie apocalypse happens before a space invasion, I bet Asus lawyers are gonna be pissed.

top topics

join