Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

A Warning from an Atheist to other Atheists

page: 1

join

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It's basic human dignity. We lose what makes us human if we are not willing to step in when others are weak. No, we don't have to live this life alone. Yes, it is okay to seek help and companionship.

There may be some that think they have to tough out this life on their own, they may be broken, they may have lost their faith in humanity... this is a sad state, and no it doesn't have to be that way.

Some atheists have begun adapting the "weakness is a sin" principle, and going down this road will only lead to ruin. A warning.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I totally get it. I feel the same way. Some atheists suffer in silence because they took their atheism to extremes.....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Left, right, up, down, north south, dark light, male female, why is it so hard to believe that we have a logical as well as spiritual side? The feeling of lostness could just be the void created by denying our spiritual side. Not saying drop everything and pick up the cross or whatever, but considering the polarity surrounding us everywhere it makes sense to me to find some outlet that expresses a balanced version of your true self, spiritual and logical.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well said, and thanks for the warning.

I am perfectly comfortably being an atheist. There is no man in the sky, or omnipresent entity that listens to us and makes decisions. The sooner our under evolved destructive race relises this the better.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
It's basic human dignity. We lose what makes us human if we are not willing to step in when others are weak. No, we don't have to live this life alone. Yes, it is okay to seek help and companionship.

There may be some that think they have to tough out this life on their own, they may be broken, they may have lost their faith in humanity... this is a sad state, and no it doesn't have to be that way.

Some atheists have begun adapting the "weakness is a sin" principle, and going down this road will only lead to ruin. A warning.

I always liked a mix between Christianity and science. As Christianity is today, it doesn't believe in science and it has some backwards views. However, I like some of its views like exclusive relationships, watching out for your neighbor, protecting the weak, stuff like that. Honestly, those are the views I picked up from being Christian/ I believe in science, I believe in letting gay people marry, all kinds of stuff like that. But I'm not really Christian anymore. Sometimes certain atheist movements can gravitate towards justifying yourself morally through power and neglect the fact that we are all worth while just by being human. You know, "It is a crime to be weak," that kind of thinking. I also think atheism could use a little bit less skepticism when it comes to general spirituality. So a happy medium would be nice.

Nice Pagan style Avatar you have there.

your own words by the way.(see above)

So what side of the fence are you on ?????

But your not really a christian anymore are you ???
edit on 4-5-2012 by judus because: (no reason given)
edit on 4-5-2012 by judus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Seems a shame the same sort of schisms that infiltrated the Christian churches are Knocking at the fundamental church of atheism's door .I guess there is no getting away from end time situations ....peace
edit on 4-5-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

Way to pick up something I said from another thread and bring it here. Nah, I'm not Christian anymore. At the very least not part of the establishment. You guys are awesome.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

From a metaphysical standpoint, we can see the truth. There are four baptisms in this life that must be overcome. Earth (matter), Air (Word / Information), Water (immersion into reality) and Fire (Trials / Suffering). The final baptism of spirit comes when we overcome the first four. Nature reveals this truth. A metaphysical concept in mathematics determines the evidence for this.

Impenetrability is the state by which two objects cannot occupy the same space. The battle that you speak of in the mind is the war between good and evil. They fight a battle in the mind to overpower the other. The stronger will move the weaker. For the Athiest and the Christian alike, this battle is impenetrable apart from seeing the authority in the spirit (Consciousness).

In the mind, we have the two opposing forces of intellect and emotion. For the person who clings to the material world as his guide, this outer shell produces cognitive dissonance for the mind. Emotion will overrule the intellect if a person clings to the outer world of matter as his foundation. On the other hand, intellect will rule over emotion if the spirit (Consciousness) is driven by the inner man. This inner man can only be properly guided by a spirit that finds its source within the internal reality. The true reality is the one given to us by our source.

Until a person acknowledges the source of our consciousness, the internal peace that follows is denied. The external reality is all an atheist has as a foundation. Apart from seeing that true reality is consciousness, the external is the only reality that will exist. Overcoming Earth, Air, Water and Fire requires the use of the spirit. To reach full development of spirit, the others must be seen by the illusion they create.

All reality is in opposing opposites. We can view temperature as a good example. The degree of hot and cold is merely the scale of the same reality. Spirit determines the setting by overcoming. All opposites in life are the same. We use the spirit to overcome. Once the spirit finds mastery over the opposites, the opposites stop mastering the spirit. Again, it's impenetrability.

The point of life is acknowledging the spirit within. When reality is peeled back, we see that we only do two things in this life. We think and we move. Other than these, we do nothing to produce the external world. With our thought, we make the world.

Dhammapada

Chapter 1 - Choices

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you
As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.
We are what we think.
Speak or act with a pure mind
And happiness will follow you
As your shadow, unshakable.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Live with such thoughts and you live in hate.
Abandon such thoughts, and live in love.
In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispels hate.
This is the law,
Ancient and inexhaustible.

This law is the law of love. We only get this from the life of one man. Buddha only pointed the way to that one man. All history pointed the way so that we can overcome by His leadership and shepherding at this juncture of history and time. Acknowledgement is the key to our baptism in the spirit finding its conclusion. Otherwise, a fading material reality is all that is left. Overcoming is impenetrable apart from knowing the spirit.

Know thyself. Know the truth and the truth will set you free. Free from what?

You now have the correct answer. What you do with it will either overcome the emotion of the outer man or you will light the fire you burn by. As Buddha said, we light the fire we burn by. As Jesus said, we are the light of the world when we get the direction correct. Either burn by the light or let the light show the true path.

Christians know this truth of the spirit and have found peace in a world of chaos. "Impenetrability is what I say", says Humpty Dumpty to Alice.

"Impenetrability! That's what I say!"
"Would you tell me, please," said Alice "what that means?"
"Now you talk like a reasonable child," said Humpty Dumpty, looking very much pleased. "I meant by 'impenetrability' that we've had enough of that subject, and it would be just as well if you'd mention what you mean to do next, as I suppose you don't mean to stop here all the rest of your life."
"That's a great deal to make one word mean," Alice said in a thoughtful tone.
"When I make a word do a lot of work like that," said Humpty Dumpty, "I always pay it extra."
—Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass, 1872

In the Beginning was the WORD (John 1).

edit on 4-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Because you contradict yourself one than once.

I also like to get a feel for the poster who I am about to possible flame.

You talk about "What makes us human" Like you have the answer when you do not.

Do you have any idea what it is like to tough it out on your own ? Its a straight forward question

By all means go and have a chat to the homeless,drug addicted prostitute and mention that is does not have to be this way and wait for the reply .

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If people could find that balance between the obvious realization that the human being is clearly different than any other creature on this planet, and the extreme assertion that this difference suggests everything from supreme humanoid deities beating each other senseless with clubs made of human souls to plasma starships salting the earth with astral hybrids as some form of intra-galactic science fair project, then maybe the defensive posture that both sides of this debate take wouldn't be such a default response. Theists seem to feel threatened with oppression by the entire human race, and so do atheists. Let's face it. Both can't be right.

There is definitely something significant about the fact that 99% of the planet's surface is inherently a hostile climate for unclothed, unsheltered Homo Sapiens. But does that mean that Homo Sapiens aren't native to this planet? No. It also doesn't mean that Homo Sapiens are souls wearing meat suits. It just means that Homo Sapiens have become far too successful in overcoming the natural limitations that would have prevented lesser creatures from taking command of inhospitable regions.

One very compelling theory suggests that Homo Sapiens evolved as semi-aquatic hominids, and that they seem to appear whole and fully evolved from nowhere due to the fact that they developed along the coast of Africa and lived similarly to seals and that sort of in and out of the water mammal, making fossilized remains impossible. Much of our physical structure (the buttocks, the blubber layer, no hide, opposable thumb, hair on our heads) suggest that we did evolve as swimmers and not climbers/walkers. It also goes a long way toward explaining the exponential growth in our frontal lobe (lack of a true existential threat for many thousands of years, giving our ancestors plenty of time to think about stuff besides survival) If true, this eliminates the need to invent space gods and other explanations for why we're so out of place in our own world.

The time is coming when the answers will begin to really emerge, and this intractable schism will begin to heal for Homo Sapiens and the human beings that emerge as a result of their magnificent brains. Atheists will realize that they don't have to deny the eternal nature of the human being in defense of the notion that there is an appropriate place for the Homo Sapiens within the material realm on this planet. It'll all make sense soon enough.
edit on 5/5/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by darkbakeDhammapada

Chapter 1 - Choices

We are what we think.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you
As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.
We are what we think.
Speak or act with a pure mind
And happiness will follow you
As your shadow, unshakable.
Live with such thoughts and you live in hate.
Abandon such thoughts, and live in love.
In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispels hate.
This is the law,
Ancient and inexhaustible.

This law is the law of love. We only get this from the life of one man. Buddha only pointed the way to that one man. All history pointed the way so that we can overcome by His leadership and shepherding at this juncture of history and time. Acknowledgement is the key to our baptism in the spirit finding its conclusion. Otherwise, a fading material reality is all that is left. Overcoming is impenetrable apart from knowing the spirit.

Know thyself. Know the truth and the truth will set you free. Free from what?

You now have the correct answer. What you do with it will either overcome the emotion of the outer man or you will light the fire you burn by. As Buddha said, we light the fire we burn by. As Jesus said, we are the light of the world when we get the direction correct. Either burn by the light or let the light show the true path.

Christians know this truth of the spirit and have found peace in a world of chaos. "Impenetrability is what I say", says Humpty Dumpty to Alice.

"Impenetrability! That's what I say!"
"Would you tell me, please," said Alice "what that means?"
"Now you talk like a reasonable child," said Humpty Dumpty, looking very much pleased. "I meant by 'impenetrability' that we've had enough of that subject, and it would be just as well if you'd mention what you mean to do next, as I suppose you don't mean to stop here all the rest of your life."
"That's a great deal to make one word mean," Alice said in a thoughtful tone.
"When I make a word do a lot of work like that," said Humpty Dumpty, "I always pay it extra."
—Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass, 1872

In the Beginning was the WORD (John 1).

edit on 4-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

I agree with so much of this but one thing i want to point out. If you do not condemn the evil of others, you allow it. If you do not tell others to look at the evil of others you are not attempting to teach, correct evil doers or warn others in love or seek compassion for the respect of the self worth as a deserving being then how have you served love? The evil stand uncorrected, the self has no justice and the consciousness that is so important has not gained understanding about the roots within others. That is unconsciousness, because awareness cannot allow you to love any part of what is decidedly wrong to your consciousness... whereas if evil exists for good to see itself more clearly, this will not be done without raising that awareness. you serve no love in this case to those who need to become aware and you serve no love to those who should be warned and you serve no love to the self that desire to rise above suffering rather than attempt to make it unconscious.

those who make others suffer, do not fully understand suffering.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123
Well said, and thanks for the warning.

There is no man in the sky, or omnipresent entity that listens to us and makes decisions. The sooner our under evolved destructive race relises this the better.

Ok we've established that youdon't expres yourself spiritually in an orthodox Christian or other type paradigm. But to say you have finished evolving mentally or existentially or mentally disciplined. Whose to say we can't express and receive communication or intuitions telepathically. You certainly are not the highest expression of humanity. Everyone can apply themselves in some way that has them grow in a balanced way.
edit on 5-5-2012 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Guys, quit trying to throw these big words, big ideals and big understandings.

It is what it is! The OP made it short, clear and consice, easy enough for a 12 year old to understand.

Don't loose touch with your humanity!

Thats it. Nothing else. Just dont.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

they may have lost their faith in humanity...

atheist faith in humanity,

yet not in a creator thereof,

interesting human construct!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by judus

Do you have any idea what it is like to tough it out on your own ? Its a straight forward question

By all means go and have a chat to the homeless,drug addicted prostitute and mention that is does not have to be this way and wait for the reply .

Okay, I'll go tell them it doesn't have to be this way. You go tell them it does.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
Guys, quit trying to throw these big words, big ideals and big understandings.

It is what it is! The OP made it short, clear and consice, easy enough for a 12 year old to understand.

Don't loose touch with your humanity!

Thats it. Nothing else. Just dont.

...and exactly why shouldn't anyone ruminate on a succinct point? Maybe digging into a succinct point is what some people do as a natural extension of who they are? Maybe if more people used their heads for more than a haircut delivery system, then succinct points about not losing touch with your humanity wouldn't need to be made. Maybe it'd be a nobrainer if there were more people using their brains?

But you go ahead and shut down conversations wherever you can, with your "common sense" approach to whatever it is that you trip over, and thereby discover to exist. There's an entire industry that exists to feed you only what you need to ever think about, and fabricate a reality for people who like to "keep it simple". We'll be over here, wondering how the hell you got so lost inside that sick and twisted labyrinth, and whether it's worth our effort to coax you back out again.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yeah, weakness is a sin, that is why i always go to the gym.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

They have to.

It's in the bylaws:

Survival of the fittest.

A wise man once said that "When I am weak, then I am powerful."

edit on 6-5-2012 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join