It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Ten Grammar Peeves.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
speedtest.10fastfingers.com...
The best I could get on the speed test was around 80 words per minute on the speed tese.

anyways here are some links and even some free typing lessons. enjoy.

www.typingtest.com...

www.freetypinggame.net...

www.learn2type.com...

www.calculatorcat.com...
:-)

[inappropriate image removed]
edit on Fri May 4 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I'm a teepee I"m a wigwom I'M a teepee I'm A wigWom....I'm to tense....that feels better,took me 5 mins

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Thank you. I know, as well as you do, that this thread might only set it's highest hope as a second page. I,too, come unglued with the obvious spelling mistakes because those mistakes very often lead to misunderstandings throughout the thread, derailing it into untold arguments and ultimatley into an oblivion destined to conuse any reasonable discussion. Star and flag for you!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia

The best I could get on the speed test was around 80 words per minute on the speed tese.

Then & Than

I honestly think that many people don't even realize they are 2 different words.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Their, there and they're are my pet peeves right now. Don't know why exactly.

You have to remember though that there are people from all over the world here, and English is the hardest language in the world to learn. That, and you have so many young people who are used to texting all the time and we all know that works. So some people just aren't used to using proper American English all the time. That, and some people just don't see the point is being grammatically correct as long as they're getting their point across. They fail to realize that they can get their point across better if they are grammatically correct. People will take them more seriously.

The fact that I make extra money doing this ( not here though) makes me need to constantly step back and not critique people so hard. People aren't on my level when it comes to this and I have to remember not to be anal about it.

Yes, after all these years I still have to work sometimes at NOT being an a**hole. If anything, it's not very professional.

I am getting better though.

new topics

top topics

join