It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amnesia : The Dark Descent reactions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Attention all Amnesia players - If you havent finished.... Expect spoilers in the following.

-Reactions to the game
-How far you got/how far before you quit/completion?
-Favorite part
-Chosen ending?

Personally, I thought it was a smashing game. I finished it in about 2-3 days, but those were spent playing it all night with surround sound headphones and all alone. Terrifying, but I finished it thankfully. Favorite part was every other time you would pick up an item, and hear that telltale growl. Also, the water monster...The effing water monster...That was a hell of a time. I chose Agrippa's ending first, then I decided to go back and check out Daniels ending. Credits music from Daniel's was the best in my opinion.

How was it for any of you that have played it?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I thought it was a good game. Im on my second playthrough right now. There was a good couple of places that freaked me out.

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting."

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I'm confused about this game. I obviously haven't played it.
But do you only run and hide from thses creepy things?
Do you ever see a monster or have to defeat one or more in some way.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Yes, you cant kill any of the monsters in the game. Just run and hide from them and that gets the heart racing and the blood pumping.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aktulu

Yes, the game was quite grand. I'm expecting to play through it one more time, and relive it all over again. It really changed my perspective on quite a few topics, as what Alexander stated.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mach5

Hi!
I played this adventure around 1.5years ago. Normally i play FPS or racing Games (NFS and the like) with this game i made an exception. In my early PC-years i played adventures too,like "Zork Nemesis", "Myst" etc. and these point&Click games. But this game has a really good atmosphere in it. I loved it right from the start, played it completely 'till the end. Then i found also the previous released games from the developers of "The Dark Descent" and played them too.
I can 150% recommend this game for everybody. btw. In a lot parts of it, its very creepy.., i tell ya!!!!
At the moment i'm playin' "Blades of Time", "Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City" and sometimes i try to complete the FPS "METRO 2033".
All games i play are played on PC.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

Metro 2033 - Thats a good game. Did you finish it?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Just started it today - absolutely loving it. The best part so far/where I left off was in the water with the invisible monster.

new topics

top topics

join