It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery booms/sounds are EVERYWHERE and INCREASING with no reasonable explanation yet...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This subject is not going away. In fact, more areas are reporting the mystery booms and sounds that started over a year ago.

Here's a good synopsis of recent reports with interviews of some of the witnesses:

Mystery Sounds reported here

Other stories are reported there -- it's Earthfiles so not all is about the sounds, but there are many links with recent reports and interviews.

The more this occurs, the less it appears to me to be earthquakes or fracking. We've always have very earthquake prone areas and have not had reports like this. Fracking isn't occurring near most of the places the sounds are heard. And, if you read some of these reports, the USGS states that there was no earthquake or seismic activity when the sounds occurred. Nearby military bases also reported nothing going on that would account for this.

So, the mystery continues. There have been NO plausible explanations for these sounds. Instead, the explanations by our learned scholars and scientists are more ridiculous than the most outlandish theories you'd find here or on other forums. For example, I read one explanation that these sounds were the result of a local factory releasing pressure from its boilers. Here's a link to that storyFunny how an old factory has never been so loud in the past and has not been that loud since. Theories that these sounds are earthquakes, waves from outer space or the sun, or even my own pet theory -- UFOs-- are just speculation. There is NO substantial evidence for any of these theories and it comes down to the fact that one explanation is at this point as good as any other. The one thing that we may all be missing is that this is a new phenomenon and something that our current understanding cannot address. We are still at square one.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Visiting ESB because: edit for color link

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

edit on 4-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Do we really need yet another sky sounds thread? Ugh

Yes, much more than we need another complaint from you. Move on if you don't like it. There are thousands of threads you can read without bothering with this one. And it certainly is more interesting than another Ron Paul thread...
edit on 4-5-2012 by Visiting ESB because: add text

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I have yet to hear these sounds.

But I have no reason to doubt those that claim that they have.

Thanks for your input.

One line complaints are so much better for ATS than threads about legitimate concerns.

Perhaps it would be best if people started reading the title of the threads so they will know not click unwanted threads...instead of seeking out threads to derail.

Peace

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
I have yet to hear these sounds.

But I have no reason to doubt those that claim that they have.

Thanks for your input.

One line complaints are so much better for ATS than threads about legitimate concerns.

Perhaps it would be best if people started reading the title of the threads so they will know not click unwanted threads...instead of seeking out threads to derail.

Peace

Thank you. I've heard these sounds here in the Denver area back in January. Wasn't the booming, but sounded like jets flying overhead -- for at least an hour. I even went to another part of town, got out of my car, and still heard them.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
the most recent ones have been described as SONIC ones that shook thousands of homes,

in the case of CA & NV it was explained a small ASTEROID came down.

wonder whats behind the others - OTHER 'small' ASTEROIDS?

or something more mysterious, possibly more ominous??

one thing for sure, with fighter jets appearing hours after the booms, the military is involved and knows more than they are telling...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
If I hear a new, very low humming sound like a generator but not a generator - is that part of this bizzare noise stuff?

Edit: It's a low frequency, not low volume - It's quite loud and more noticeable at night because things are obviously quieter.

edit on 4-5-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

This talks about at least two incidents that the sounds are associated with UFOs. Interesting--thanks!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Remember the underground hordes in Lord of the Rings? uhhhhh....

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
looks like they're practicing bluebeam spfx for London Olympics..

lol

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Visiting ESB
Mystery booms/sounds are EVERYWHERE and INCREASING with no reasonable explanation yet..., I live in Minnesota I haven't yet heard any of these ..I'm not saying others haven't all over the world ..Just seems strange to me Minnesota is left out of this phenomena id like to hear theses booms and sounds..
I have no doubt there are very legitimate concerns.from people all over the world.Maybe Minnesota just isn't sitting just right to hear all of this..I'm outside allot and every day i listen for these sounds so far nothing peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
If I hear a new, very low humming sound like a generator but not a generator - is that part of this bizzare noise stuff?

Edit: It's a low frequency, not low volume - It's quite loud and more noticeable at night because things are obviously quieter.

Some people are hearing booms, bangs, buzzing, humming, and a horn type sound in the mid-range register (like an air horn.) There seems to be a wide variety of anomalous sounds.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I am still waiting for an explanation on the sounds we heard in Delaware, Ohio. We were told it was a fighter jet by the sheriffs department.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Reply to post by Visiting ESB

Unfortunately for those that have a desire to believe in the absurd, these "sounds" have not elevated themselves to the level that the general media will take note. Real or not, the fact that it is supported on websites like this means that is will remain a mystery.

If I was doing something I know will be noticed. It yet I want to hide, having it show up on websites like this would be a huge benefit!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
There are different sounds being heard, which makes it worse. Some people hear booms, but myself and a couple of others on ATS heard hums. Low, hair-raising hums.....

I don't think anybody can deny that something MAJOR is going on. Skepticism on this topic goes only as far as "I haven't heard it" and those people are outnumbered by people who claim to have heard it.

It's not a viral marketing campaign for any game, because I kid you not, I'm not getting paid to report what I heard.

Some BIGGGGG # is going on... And I feel like it's leading up to something - a peak of some sort. I don't think we should just get used to booms and bangs. I feel like it's gonna reach a certain point where "something" is gonna happen.
edit on 4-5-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I was not the only one to hear this, What we heard was NOT a sonic boom.

www.10tv.com...
edit on 4-5-2012 by digzty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
Remember the underground hordes in Lord of the Rings? uhhhhh....

reply to post by chadderson

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I have yet to hear these sounds myself here in NC

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

I have yet to hear these sounds myself here in NC

I have a feeling you'll hear something soon.... What part of NC are you in if you don't mind?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
A village here in England recently reported a hum. I've not heard anything yet aside from all the stories/videos.
Very interesting topic though.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join