It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's still there- Venus with dark shadow or storm on May 3, 2012

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Something else that makes Venus weird and interesting is the tilt of it's axis.
It's hard to wrap my head around because it seems that the other planets are on some different wave than venus when you think about it's rotation and tilt... because it kind of makes you wonder if these similar angles show some larger gravitational power over these other planets and they are spinning at different speeds in their rotation and revolution because of their physical characteristics but they have similar attributes despite these differences like general tilt and direction of spin...why doesn't this make venus's problem a self correcting one? It could have flipped over time, it could have a weird core, something about venus itself that is unseen almost inevitably makes it's tilt drastically different or it's differences would be more subtle and centered around basic differences in size and mass. but no, something is extremely different, something within kicking it back opposite from the general tilt of the rest like it's on a different larger gravitational program. So why does it's axis tilt and possibly flip... or at least appear to on the surface. Venus just gets more and more interesting as I think about it. Especially with the solar zone she is in. just within the habitable zone that earth is in. Is it a phase?? will venus ever self correct and what can this planet potentially become if it does?

very very interesting.
I'd like to compare some math if i had the numbers... but that would take a while. i'd like to look at the physical (mass/dimensions) attributes of the other planets and see if they calculate evenly to a common factor concerning the tilt and speed of rotation and length of revolution. I'd love to see if there is a common factor. If there is... Venus could potentially self correct over time beyond beyond this phase and get back on the same larger program rather than kicked back or standing on it's head.

what oh what is going on with venus??... interesting indeed.
edit on 5-5-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

it seems like a rock revolving around venus!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lovemyworld

it seems like a rock revolving around venus!

that would be great because venus can't really be on a different larger gravitational toss in the solar system without it's ENTIRE orbit getting very weird and possibly moving out of the loop so to speak. Something is swinging it off kilter or rather leaning it over on it's head as the rotation is at a backwards crawl. If moons can really come from within a planet and somehow this could happen, it might explain what could be throwing the tilt off from within... rather than thinking something larger and external has affected it against the general spin of the rest. this would be so great to see in our lifetimes. If this did happen, something come out of venus, then the tilt and rotation would change again and maybe it would start to spin somewhat more normally then and throw off some heat and we could watch it cool down and observe what might become. that would be so cool and allow us to really feel we have a better understanding of the solar system and what happens on our travel through space. That would be a hell of a thing to experience... so it's probably something else.

It probably got hit by an asteroid and now it's orbit is even more screwed up and it's going to get closer to earth and the two are going to fall into each others orbits and crash and kill us all.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'm a photographer and as has been pointed out earlier, this is just Bokeh from Venus MASSIVELY out of focus.

This was recorded with the optics of a camcorder , not a telescope, so there is no way Venus would be that big. At best it would be a tiny dot. (Which means it's in focus)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

Originally posted by Ahmose

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion
reply to post by Ahmose

Please watch the video. This isn't the dark/light side phases that are being shown.

My apologies.
Just soo used to people around here being entirely uneducated in regards to astronomy and claiming "weird" things that are not really weird at all, I guess ive become cynical and desensitized to it all. lol

Watched the vid...
and I have no real explanation for what Im seeing... yet. lol

Anyway, thanks for making me watch it. lol

Will be breaking out a scope tonight to check it out up close though.. for sure.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

So you discredited the thread and formed your own opinion on the matter without ever watching the video in the original post? What the hell is wrong with you people.. Perfect example of you eating your own words. "Just soo used to people around here being entirely uneducated."

People, please refrain from forming an opinion unless you've given the material your time. I'm amazed by this person honestly..

Lol, Whatever dude. Not going to argue with you over stupid sh**.
Yeah, I did that, and I corrected myself and apologized, Not good enough?
Bummer.
You be amazed. lol

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
You may find this interesting regarding storms on Venus

Magnetic storms spotted on Venus

www.nature.com...

Okay, maybe it's a magnetic storm.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziplock9000
I'm a photographer and as has been pointed out earlier, this is just Bokeh from Venus MASSIVELY out of focus.

This was recorded with the optics of a camcorder , not a telescope, so there is no way Venus would be that big. At best it would be a tiny dot. (Which means it's in focus)

Seriously, when I tried to get Venus on my telescope it would always be a dot, even with video camera.. It was never that big. So question begs.

IS IT NIBIRU?????? OR PLANET X that doesn't exist?
edit on 5-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by ziplock9000

Seriously, when I tried to get Venus on my telescope it would always be a dot, even with video camera.. It was never that big. So question begs.

IS IT NIBIRU?????? OR PLANET X that doesn't exist?

Or it looks large in the OP video simply because it is out of focus (a "brokeh").

edit on 5/5/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

No mine never gets that focused with Venus, and there are clearer videos on youtube with that black thing. Could just be a magnetic storm, but that is not Venus.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i just don't know what is wrong with the net today. i saw these great videos on and was wanting to tell others and planned on showing them of the odd activity on Venus these days while trying to explain that Venus missions WELL outweigh other space missions and other countries are all over it as well and it seems it was largely about checking out these storms. I have never even heard of twin vortexes centered around a pole before... permanant ones? crazy stuff. I'm thinking they are not so permanent like Jupiter's giant red dot storm, which is significant laterally as it is always on the same line but seems to go around the planet as some kind of weird gas storm where you can see the edges of smaller storms edging and bleeding into the large spot. It is very interesting but am not sure what the causal relationship is... why it stays on the same latitude and always appears almost the same despite "sort of" moving.

i feel the venus vortexes are less permanant than this... and neither will last forever.

i am so frustrated at the seemingly pansy web today. i can't find hide nor hair of this video or even stills from it. i found one... ONE... kind mild looking picture of the vortex but i think what i saw was closer together... the two eyes you know, more dilated and much more raging looking, yet more natural solid, sturdy and flowing... you know, like just by the looks of it you'd say, what IS that going to wind up doing, this is going to be interesting.... but no, just what seems to be an older picture of the vortexes if the storm did in fact progress over time as often storms do before dying out...and for some unknown reason they felt inclined to photoshop the Venus express into the picture that THE VENUS EXPRESS took.
... i guess this is so you wouldn't think it was aliens
... and the whole thing looks more... square? squarish edges. there seems to be corners on the clouds around the vortexes and i have never in my life seen that in any storm pictures.

anyway... here it is, the only one I could find.of both eyes.. but i tend to think it is an earlier phase of the storm.
www.esa.int...

and then there are these lame pictures cut in half so you can sort of see the spiraling clouds around the planet but not the vortexes and there is black on the actual planet so i'm not sure why they felt they had to lessen visibility by blacking out the center line... it's just so... annoying.... but i am posting them because i am trying to show how the circling clouds are actually very big in relation to the entire planet and show a lot of variation and a changing atmospheric situation.

these pictures that depict venus's clouds to be so... still and calm, how can this be. Even though actual pics are very hard to find today for some reason and the web is covered with some model chic i guess names venus... there are still articles that cleary indicate that venus has no calm surface as some of these pictures suggests... like a perfect off-white yellowish ball. how can this be?

huge spiral... but can't see double vortex eyes.
hubble.esa.int...

yet another with the center line blackened but maybe you can tell something from this one. i mean these eyes were huge.... i wonder if they got bigger and merged. Jeez, why won't they show us! this is fascinating.

www.ajax.ehu.es...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Are you saying the vid you posted is not of Venus?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You know how when you let the water out of the tub and as it's going down the drain there is a small vortex and it tends to get bigger and almost peak at a certain point. well, the pictures i saw are not like the ONE of the double vortexes on venus i am finding on the web today. they are not that close together in relation to eye dimensions because the outer clouds at the point in that picture, they have just touched on the outer edge of the clouds. vortexes still have a long way to go before their spiral peaks because they are still fairly distant. there is a point when you are letting the water drain that the vortex gets big and the egdes get high and sharp and stand up kind of sturdy like the whole thing is getting rather excited.

I'm telling you, the eyes were freaking huge!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Are you saying the vid you posted is not of Venus?

The posted youtube vide?. I don't think that's Venus.

Even when I try to get Venus on my telescope, it is way out of focus and it only shows up as a pulsating object with bright colors, it never gets like any of those images. At first I did say yes, but when someone else brought it up, they are right. And I agree with them. It's not Venus.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
That's really cool lookin! Be worth a closer look. I'm sure NASA will let us know what it is *rolls eyes*

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MetalandMayhem

Why would NASA care that someone is filming Venus way out of focus?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

At first I did say yes, but when someone else brought it up, they are right. And I agree with them. It's not Venus.

I scanned all the posts again and didn't find anyone saying the object in the OP vid is not Venus. I did read the hologram/space is a hoax posts but don't consider them plausible. Judging by its apparent size and approximate time of day I'd have to say it is Venus.

Comparing your bad view of Venus through your telescope to the bad view in the OP vid can lead to incorrect conclusions. Hopefully someone can catch a good one soon and post it.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
reply to post by MetalandMayhem

Why would NASA care that someone is filming Venus way out of focus?

Plus, I'm not sure why I would even need NASA to tell me that the OP video is out of focus.
I can determine that myself.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
whatever the case may be about the pictures, Venus is not exactly the smooth calm perfectly flawless sphere that one sided views of Venus are showing and one thing is for sure. it should not be impossible to find a better WHOLE view of Venus. I have been in the local collage observatory and know they have a telescope that could show us EXCELLENT pictures of the WHOLE of Venus whose surface clouds are quite turbulent right now regardless of either out of focus pictures or out of focus telescope views.

this is ATS...

With the variety of minds that post on this website, it is a SHOCK to me that we can expect to find no clear, up close and WHOLE pictures of Venus by an observatory type telescope that would most certainly show it to be much more than a star-looking object as some of these amateur telescope shots minus proper light filtering are showing.

Furthermore, without proper filters, does anybody really think it's a good idea to try to get a night time shot off of Venus with a store bought telescope. Why would anybody even expect to get anything but a star looking object when the night sky contrast the reflective light so much as it is positioned reflecting the sun DIRECTLY from our earthly viewing position. Come on, we know that if you are trying to get an amateur shot and trying to pick up on the spherical view rather than solely the glare, you'd do it with our view facing AWAY from the sun, not reflecting off of it.

seriously, can no college students in here get into their schools observatories?

What is going on here, this is ATS.

It should not be this hard to get a whole and clear shot of the sphere minus the glare without the space agencies cutting it apart and showing only half and coloring it pretty colors. this is pretty silly to me and if my brakes were working I'd drive to the observatory and see if i could see for myself through a real telescope at the right time of day.

jra

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The video in the OP is from April 26th. Well I found some images of Venus from a telescope taken on April 30th. I'm not sure if they've been posted already, but here it is anyway.

lupuvictor.blogspot.ca...

Note that it's a crescent shape and not a fully illuminated circle. I don't see any "magnetic storm" or any other such nonsense.

To echo what others have already said, it's just severely out of focus.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
The video in the OP is from April 26th. Well I found some images of Venus from a telescope taken on April 30th. I'm not sure if they've been posted already, but here it is anyway.

lupuvictor.blogspot.ca...

Note that it's a crescent shape and not a fully illuminated circle. I don't see any "magnetic storm" or any other such nonsense.

To echo what others have already said, it's just severely out of focus.

His telescope must be on an unfortunate side of the globe in relation to full clear shots of Venus that we SHOULD be seeing.

his Jupiter shots are better. We know just by looking at Venus next to Jupiter here in the south east US sky when they appeared close to each other that Venus should appear 8 times as bright and clear and much bigger than Jupiter because of how close it is. I know that from some views, only a crescent shot may be possible but this isn't that great of a shot really. his Jupiter shots should not be better, they should be an eighth of the view we get from Venus. it's a mathematical calculation but you can tell it's seems very correct just by looking at it with the naked eye compared to Jupiter. also, I'm not sure what filters were used but they shouldn't be making Venus look blue because it's actually bright yellowish white so i am assuming that this discoloration is from the angle and the obscurity through the atmosphere. His telescope would be better situated elsewhere on the globe to get the best shot of Venus right now perhaps... i don't know, but this doesn't really look like the best we can do on here but thanks for posting it.

i am AMAZED at how hard it is to find Venus pics right now and i don't know who all these venus chics are but their production or promotion people really ought to be ashamed. there is one pic of this chic with what looks like a basket of flowers on her head posted OVER and OVER and OVER... A handful is enough, not the first hundred top entries. it is absolutely ridiculous and shameful that we care more about make up than we do the planets in our solar system especially when they are showing out like they are doing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join