It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Bird Proves Apollo Inauthenticity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Of all the proofs demonstrating Apollo's patent inauthenticity, none fascinates more than that having to do with the theme of the Eagle as a "Lost Bird".

On the evening of 07/20/1969, print and television journalists had not only gathered in Houston, but at world famous Lick Observatory as well. Excitement was in the air as the Lick Observatory staff was fixing to zap the Apollo 11 astronaut placed LRRR with their ruby red laser. In so doing, not only would they prove to the world that the boys in red, white and blue were really up there on the moon, but said laser zapping would also show us where in all of lunar kingdom come these fellas were EXACTLY.

The man operating the celebrated Lick Observatory telescope was the colorful Remmington Stone. And one may read Stone's first-hand account of the 07/20/1969 Mount Hamiltion goings on by going here;

www.ucolick.org...

(and simply clicking on the READ FIRST-HAND ACCOUNT highlight at the top of the page).

Stone recounts in this fascinating yarn how Professor Joseph Wampler picked up the phone and was told in REAL-TIME no less that the Eagle was parked at 00°41′15′′N, 23°26′00′′E, which indeed proved to be the ultimately confirmed landing site coordinates. That said, according to Stone, Wampler misheard the man on the other end, mistaking 00 41' 15" for 00 41' 50". No matter really when one thinks about it, as being off by 35 seconds of arc translates into missing the LRRR target by 966 feet, 27.6 feet being covered in one second of arc at the moon's equator. The ruby red laser beam that the Lick staff began firing immediately at the LRRR(while the boys were still up there), was 2 miles wide give or take, and so given these coordinates, even as they understood them being off by 1000 feet, why oh why oh why didn't they hit the LRRR on that first night ? It would have been so very splendidly DRAMATIC!

On the following day, the Lick staff, having not hit the laser on their first night out, called Houston back and learned their mistake, that the north coordinate was 00 41' 15" and not 00 41' 50", but that seemed to matter not as well. They still did not hit the LRRR. What WAS the problem ?

As it turned out, and as the principal investigator for the LRRR experiment C.O. Alley relates in the original relevant articles appearing in the publication SCIENCE, the JPL boys had programmed the computer incorrectly. The photon bounce back timing was off. So even though the Lick Observatory Staff had the exact LRRR coordinates on the night of the landing, they failed to hit their target because of a software problem, a problem authored by JPL. It would not be until 08/01/1969 that everything would be straightened out and the LRRR would for the first time be successfully targeted.

As many are aware, the funny goings on as regards the Apollo 11 landing site were viewed by many, including by this author, as ever all the more interesting, nefarious and downright DIABOLICAL when given the fact that over time, it came to light that ALTHOUGH THE LICK OBSERVATORY SCIENTISTS WERE GIVEN THE EXACT EAGLE LANDING SITE COORDINATES ON THE NIGHT THE BIRD ALLEGEDLY SET DOWN AT TRANQUILITY BASE, IN HOUSTON, IT WAS ANOTHER STORY ALTOGETHER. IT TURNED OUT TO BE THAT IN HOUSTON, NO ONE KNEW, OR AT LEAST CLAIMED TO KNOW WHERE THE EAGLE HAD LANDED.

This now infamous excerpt penned by Eagle launch FIDO H. David Reed from what now must be viewed as one of the most important pieces of work authored by a front line Apollo worker in terms of its contribution to demonstrating Apollo's startling and altogether intriguing inauthenticity. This from H. David Reed's chapter in the book FROM THE TRENCH OF MISSION CONTROL TO THE CRATERS OF THE MOON;

"After Apollo XI landed, as the World celebrated and sipped champagne, I slept in preparation for my shift prior to lunar launch. I would work with SELECT and DYNAMICS to get all the relative geometry down and work out the correct ignition time for return to the CSM.Piece of cake really. All we needed were landing site coordinates and a solid ephemeris on the CSM. I sat down at the console for that prelaunch shift and was debriefed by the previous team to complete hand-off. I probably had my second cup of coffee by then and got on the loop to SELECT to get the best landing site. I remember asking SELECT what he had for landing site coordinates. I’ll never forget his answer when he said, “take your pick FIDO!” I also remember not reacting too positively to his offer. He explained that we had five different sites. He said “we have MSFN(tracking radars), PNGS (primary LM guidance computer), AGS(backup LM guidance computer), the targeted landing site and, oh yes, the geologist have determined yet another site based upon the crew’s description of the landscape and correlating that with orbiter photos”. No two of these were even close to each other."

So on the night of the landing, in real-time, more or less coincident with the placement of the LRRR, the Lick Observatory staff on Mt. Hamilton in California are TOLD EXACTLY WHERE THE EAGLE WAS SITTING. Yet, according to FIDO H. David Reed, no one in Houston could tell him where in all dang blazes that bird was within five miles. In Reed's case, having the coordinates was rather important. After all, he was only trying to figure out how to get the Eagle back to Columbia, just a little matter of two astronauts' lives hanging in the balance. And so, doesn't it strike one as odd that they had very good numbers for the astronomers, and no numbers at all for the FIDO ??????????

Many here I am sure know how the story played out, and plays to this day. The astronauts, not actually being on the moon, could not have their location identified in real time, and as such, this lead to what I have become fond of calling "coordinate confusion". It was not until long after the astronauts allegedly returned to earth that the Eagle's landing site was "found", right smack dab where they told the Lick boys it would be. Funny they never gave H. David Reed those numbers.

Fascinating, No?

edit on 4-5-2012 by decisively because: west corrected to "east"

edit on 4-5-2012 by decisively because: spelling fixed for one word

edit on 4-5-2012 by decisively because: added penned by

edit on 4-5-2012 by decisively because: spelling

edit on 4-5-2012 by decisively because: added ?

edit on 4-5-2012 by decisively because: comma

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I have a feeling that in the retelling there are certain embellishments--from all involved. Otherwise their books and memoirs would have little to keep the putative reader involved and anxious for our heroes. If you take all the accounts and compare them together, I'm sure you'll find a huge number of anomalies.

At this point I would be tempted to say that they clearly had enough skill, imagination, and intelligence to have accomplished the job. But to believe that, you'd have to believe that they actually accomplished the job, rather than played a dirty trick on the entire population of Earth.

All of which would be pointless conjecture in your worldview--so I guess I won't say that....

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Well Ex_CT2,

If you are unfamiliar with the "Lost Bird" theme, fasten your seat belt. What appears above is a tease, and that is a gross understatement. Proof of Apollo fraudulence, unmitigated and absolute, awaits the curious, attentive and open minded reader.

Hold on tight !

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by decisively

I am a bit confused how could they be looking for the laser target on the 7/20/69 when

Ringed by footprints, sitting in the moondust, lies a 2-foot wide panel studded with 100 mirrors pointing at Earth: the "lunar laser ranging retroreflector array." Apollo 11 astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong put it there on July 21, 1969, about an hour before the end of their final moonwalk. Thirty-five years later, it's the only Apollo science experiment still running.

It wasn't placed until 7/21/69

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Mount Hamilton is in California, just south of where I live. The hatch was opened at 10:39 EDT. So it was 07:39 pm in San Jose where Lick Observatory is on the evening of 07/20/1969 when Armstrong starts out. The whole "walk" is very brief, done well before midnight with respect to the Lick Observatory time zone.

Keep in mind, once these guys get these numbers, they are from that time on, day after day after day, trying to hit this thing.

Reed comes on duty the morning of 07/21/1969. He of course is in Houston.

Pretty wild, No ?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

This image first posted by Jra shows the Apollo 17 landing site.

The top half is a still from the DAC film as they left the moon so was taken almost 40 years ago, the bottom half was taken by the LRO both match. That DAC film has been available since Apollo 17 flew back.
The tracks left by the astronauts in 1972 filmed as they left the Moon 40 years ago match
the image from the LRO :O

Pretty wild, No ?
edit on 4-5-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Not sure what you are trying to imply.

FYI, I am of the opinion that Apollo was a cover for U.S. efforts to place military equipment on the moon and elsewhere. If you are suggesting "Apollo was real" because look at all of this hardware, you would get no argument from me there. That is exactly what I would expect, hardware in earth orbit, on the moon, in libration points.

My view is that Apollo was a cover for US efforts as regards surveillance, reconnaissance, ICBM tracking/targeting/performance, Dyna-Soar development, MOL development.

In a more immediate sense, do you see a problem with my point here, H. David Reed has no idea where the Eagle is ? Why don't they tell him the landing coordinates ? He needs them to launch the Eagle. They gave the coordinates, the EXACT coordinates, to Joseph Wampler at Lick Observatory. I of course have much more to say, tip of the iceberg here as mentioned, but don't you have a problem with this already ? They seem to not know where their spaceship is, but at the same time, they told some people exactly where it was.
edit on 4-5-2012 by decisively because: caps

edit on 4-5-2012 by decisively because: added ?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
So, you think Apollo was a hoax. If they were faking it all, why the heck wouldn't they fake finding the LRRR right off? The LRRR is obviously there, as it's still being used by astronomers from all over the world. I think you underestimate the degree of difficulty hitting a small target with a laser from nearly a quarter million miles away.
edit on 4-5-2012 by BazBear because: spelling correction

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
search for "project horizon". your welcome

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

What am I trying to imply I thought a clever person like you would figure it out,

The DAC film still which we have had since Apollo 17 returned in 1972 MATCHES the image taken of the site by the LRO nearly 40 years later

All the landing sites are documented by NASA with obviously the pictures taken on the surface and measurments to experiments and nearby features on the surface etc etc.

Those can be checked against the LRO images of ALL the landing sites.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BazBear

Excellent question, glad you asked that.

Well it so happens that there was another laser looking for the boys on the moon, this one shining light from the new fangled McDonald Observatory in Texas.

McDonald's was in a sense a bit more sophisticated than the Lick Observatory set up. The crew at the McDonald Observatory employed an argon/blue-green laser to "find" their target in a general sense before firing the ruby red bouncing photons. And one of the ways they were hoping to "find" the Tranquility LRRR was by asking the astronauts if they could see it. Fancy that !!!!

Back in January of 1968, Surveyor 7 imaged weaker argon laser light emitted from Table Mountain and Kitt Peak Observatories. It was the imaging of this laser light by Surveyor 7 that encouraged scientists to view the "LRRR experiment" as plausible. If argon laser light could be imaged by Surveyor 7, well then, ruby red light would bounce off an LRRR right nice, and so forth and so on.

If Apollo did not carry a LRRR, C.O. Alley, the LRRR experiment principal investigator, was planning to have an LRRR place by way of an unmanned craft.

The hope was that just like in the case of Surveyor 7, the astronauts would SEE the blue-green laser and say, "YES WE ARE HERE AT 00 41' 15" NORTH AND 23 26' 00" EAST!!!!!" But let's pause for a moment and imagine them to NOT be there. Let's say it is fake and an LRRR was placed by unmanned means, but no astronauts, what then ? Well, the people at McDonald Observatory, hearing the astronauts were there(even though it was a lie) would say, "HEY NEIL AND BUZZ, PLEASE TURN THE TV CAMERA ON THE LASER LIGHT JUST LIKE SURVEYOR 7 DID AND TAKE A PICTURE OF US, MEANING OUR BLUE-GREEN LASER, HERE IN TEXAS FROM THE MOON!!!! TOO COOL AND WAY WICKED REAL TIME PROOF!!!!!"

See how it is starting to get messy, and we have only begun with this ???? So the astronauts, NOT being on the moon, cannot say they are there for several reasons, and the first one that I shall point out is that if they acknowledged their presence, and even if an LRRR were there, they would be busted for Tranquility Truancy. That is because they would not be able to prove they saw the McDonald Observatory argon laser.

Fascinating, No ?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by decisively
So on the night of the landing, in real-time, more or less coincident with the placement of the LRRR, the Lick Observatory staff on Mt. Hamilton in California are TOLD EXACTLY WHERE THE EAGLE WAS SITTING. Yet, according to FIDO H. David Reed, no one in Houston could tell him where in all dang blazes that bird was within five miles. In Reed's case, having the coordinates was rather important. After all, he was only trying to figure out how to get the Eagle back to Columbia, just a little matter of two astronauts' lives hanging in the balance. And so, doesn't it strike one as odd that they had very good numbers for the astronomers, and no numbers at all for the FIDO ??????????

Many here I am sure know how the story played out, and plays to this day. The astronauts, not actually being on the moon, could not have their location identified in real time, and as such, this lead to what I have become fond of calling "coordinate confusion". It was not until long after the astronauts allegedly returned to earth that the Eagle's landing site was "found", right smack dab where they told the Lick boys it would be. Funny they never gave H. David Reed those numbers.

Fascinating, No?

wrong, there was a time difference between when the LM landed and when the lick observatory got estimates of the coordinates FROM THE ASTRONAUTS. you are reading it as if everything happened the second they landed, which is false because they havent even done the EVA procedures according to you yet, so how are they going to get a return signal??

www.ucolick.org...

The astronauts soon determined their precise location on the moon and radioed that information to Mission Control in Houston.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BazBear

As you'll learn, the difficulty had nothing to do with their "targeting" per se. C. O. Alley, the principal investigator, wrote in one of the seminal articles having to do with the first successful targetings, that the Jet Propulsion Group programmed the system's photon identification mechanism wrong. They mislocated the telescope, and obviously, for the thing to work, the telescope's location must be known and so programmed with the greatest accuracy.

As we go on, and I disclose more details of which I am aware, i will suggest this was intentional on the part of the programmers. That said, such a circumstance is by no means essential to my claims.

Apollo is fake, and if they let on as to where the Eagle's landing site is/was in real-time, while the astronauts are supposed to be "down there", well then, there is a very good chance someone is gonna' find out/figure out this is all very very very very phony.

A key feature to the success of this fraudulent landing is that the Eagle's location remain full on AMBIGUOUS, until the boys return. Then you can "find" the LRRR and it don't matter if no astronauts are attached. They can then claim they were sitting next to it. which of course, as we know now, they most decidedly were not.
edit on 4-5-2012 by decisively because: added "success of this fraudulent"

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

YOU think they would see the Laser! even if they looked the pulse is so brief and is spread out over a 1-2km radius on the Moon only a few photons hit the area and return, apart from that were they even out of the Lander when the laser was fired?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

They could NOT risk faking it for this simple reason NASA /the USA did not know when another country would be able to launch there own mission, build a telescope or send a probe to the Moon that would show the landing sites!

I wouldn't matter if that was a day,week month or a 100 years after, they could not risk that!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by choos

There is no question the Lick staff got the coordinates while the astronauts were on the moon. Not a point in dispute by anyone. The plan was to hit the LRRR right away. There was even an erroneous report of a hit by the PAO that one may find in the voice transcript. This was also reported on the news, in error. But the context was correct. They were hoping to hit the LRRR while the astronauts were at Tranquility.

The erroneous tv and PAO reports are VERY meaningful, but I will not go into that at this time, best to continue with some fundamentals of the "Lost Bird" scenario.

This is why the observatory had people from the press there. They were gonna' have a real-time demonstration of the LRRR placement.

As we go along you will get a feel for it.

Perhaps the best way to emphasize this is to point out again, the McDonald staff is hoping the astronauts will SEE their blue green laser. And indeed, on the way out to the moon, you can search this quickly in the voice transcript and verify it, the team at McDonald asks the astronauts if they can see their laser. Now this is cislunar space, not Tranquility Base. They are gearing up for Tranquility Base and hoping this thing will pan out.

As it turns out, the astronauts never see McDonald's blue-green laser, though several efforts are made at this sort of thing.

edit on 4-5-2012 by decisively because: removed "the"

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Well, given my views, I would expect to find hardware at "Tranquility Base". Apollo as I see it lands equipment on the moon and places it elsewhere as well, military equipment, lunar, in earth orbit, in libration points. I expect to find the stuff they flew up there and around here, there, and everywhere.

I never saw LRO photos as a problem for my side. So what, there's equipment? That is exactly what I would expect. What do you think they were doing ? Playing tiddly winks ?

Apollo was/is serious stuff. This is why I object to the term "hoax". It implies a fun and games scam. Nothing could be further from the truth.

To have Neil Armstrong sign on to this and do something THAT NUTS, PLENTY PLENTY PLENTY HAD TO BE AT STAKE.

Another reason one can spot Sibrel a light year away as NOT a genuine Apollo researcher, to suggest the U. S. did this out of vanity, to one up the Russians is silly. You would not risk so much for that. This is high high high stakes stuff.
edit on 4-5-2012 by decisively because: spelling, spacing

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

What equipment shows up on the LRO pictures, the equipment you see on the pictures the Astronauts took on the surface so why don't you show us pictures of the other equipment you claim.

I won't hold my breath

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

My point wmd is that evidence of hardware on the surface of the moon, indeed, proof of the presence of hardware upon the surface of the moon, is by no means proof that men flew spaceships to said lunar surface and landed said hardware "manually"/directly.

If I show you a photo of a Russian Lunokhod, are you entitled to conclude it was DIRECTLY and not remotely landed upon the moon's surface by a man ? Of course not.

We know Armstrong landed not on the moon's surface, for he himself knew not where his spaceship was at the time of its landing, nor did he know until 08/01/1969 where in all blue moon blazes it allegedly had set down.

Apollo my friend is most fraudulent....

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You seem to be referencing the ruby red lasers of Lick and McDonald Observatories. The blue-green "finder" argon laser of McDonald Observatory was what I so referenced above and would direct your attention to now. This laser could be seen from cislunar space and the moon's surface by Apollo astronauts, or so the McDonald Observatory staff thought.

The weaker lasers imaged by Surveyor 7 in January of 1968 had according to C.O. Alley , the LRRR principal investigator, brightness greater than that of the brightest star in the sky, Sirius. If Surveyor 7 could image the lasers of Kitt Peak and Table Mountain, was it not unreasonable of the astronamers to think that Armstrong with a better camera could see and indeed image the stronger McDonald Observatory blue-green laser ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join