It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Audio Documentary with Dr. J. Allen Hynek (1978)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Here is a great audio documentary that was released on vinyl in 1978 featuring Dr. J. Allen Hynek, scientific adviser to Project Blue Book for more than 20 years. Hearing Hynek talk at length about this subject is a treat, as is the witness testimony throughout.

Enjoy!

Part One:

Part Two:

Part Three:

Part Four:

Part Five:

Part Six:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

The mystery visitor in this 1977 episode is an astronomer and an esteemed ufologist. He was the technical adviser on the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind and is the world's leading expert on UFOs.

www.cbc.ca...

Enjoy

Me.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Really brilliant post, Bob. Thanks for the link.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is fascinating stuff this. Here we have first-hand accounts by the actual witnesses of some very classic and very unexplainable encounters. Travis Walton's testimony was pretty chilling. And 6 other witnesses to that case all testing truthful on polygraphs. We are dealing with something real here folks. S & F o.j.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Some good stuff in these interviews, and it was a smooth touch putting Hynek in at the end of "Close Encounters...", wasn't it?

Had no idea that the film was inspired by a true incident, additionally 1976 was a big year for UFO sightings, check this article:

news.google.com...,2846826

If you click link and it takes you to full newspaper, type page 34 in

EDIT: Strange or what, 7 mins into Pt.6, the guy who says he grabbed a bit of UFO debris from a crash site, described it as being honeycombed. Guy in this doc www.abovetopsecret.com... towards the end, shows his recovered debris and it's honeycombed as well, interesting.
edit on 6-5-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Many, Many thanks for this!
I think I've found a ripped mp3 of this but as I'm a complete vinyl junky I know I'll be trying to track this down all day!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
Here is a great audio documentary that was released on vinyl in 1978 featuring Dr. J. Allen Hynek, scientific adviser to Project Blue Book for more than 20 years. Hearing Hynek talk at length about this subject is a treat, as is the witness testimony throughout.

Enjoy!

You're right Orkojoker, it is a great audio documentary and I certainly enjoyed listening to it, the part at 2:40 in the second video where Bill Pecha describes the UFO he and his family ran away from is pretty compelling stuff - below is a witness sketch of the object.

link

Thanks a lot for sharing these videos.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

No problem, karl. Thanks for pointing out that case - one of my favorites. Somewhere I saw an artist's rendition of that craft that was much "better" than the witnesses sketch, but I can't recall where. I'll have to skim through some books to see if I can locate it.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Dang looks like the entire thing's been removed from Youtube and can't find another copy on the internet anywhere -did anyone manage to download a copy?

new topics

top topics

join