It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome To Lila, The Play. What Meaning Will You Give It?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Welcome to Lila, the play of reality that Hindus speaks of. One should not confuse ‘external’ perceptions as being necessarily calls to action for your body or mind. These are simply ‘meaningless’ projections of the energies existing within your consciousness, being projected as external perceptions so as to evoke a response from you. This is Lila, the play. Learn to see this play as being literally playful. It is playful because your highest consciousness knows the totality of signals/symbols you have accumulated over your existence, and is able to see trends in the way that you react to certain things. The Universe exists so that meaning may be given to it, and your highest consciousness facilitates the Universe’s desire for meaning by giving you objects of perception it believes will draw a reaction out of you, through which meaning will be created. This is a playful game, because it projects these symbols and perceptions into your reality simply because it knows you are likely to react, and give meaning to it, despite the fact that it knows that these meanings do not truly exist.

Now the Universe is not particularly concerned with what meaning it is given. This is a very significant point. It simply wants meaning, and whatever meaning you tend towards will be facilitated through perceptual events. Your ability to give meaning to reality is the same as your ability to create reality. As I say, your reality is designed to provoke you into reacting and giving it meaning. If you are given to reacting to mundane and common things, reality will give you more mundane and common things of like nature. If the mundane and common nearly escapes your attention, reality will become more creative in its attempting to provoke a meaningful response out of you. It will appeal to higher, more creative, aspects of your consciousness. As you go higher, and maintain the focus of your consciousness on higher and more creative meanings, reality will reflect more of it. Keep your ‘head in the clouds,’ for the higher your interests, and the less concerned you are with the lower and mundane, the more reality will conform to those higher interests, in terms of the external perceptions it provides. Reality is designed to give you objects to project meaning onto. The better you become at creative projections, the more creative your reality will get, and the more control you can have in its design.

edit on 3-5-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

alas, when it comes to The Play of Lila,
most simply settle for reciting their lines or following the script

i'm all for ad-libbing and rewriting

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Very true
Simply realizing that there ARE other possibilities, and appreciating the differences between these possibilities, is a very big realization in and of itself, if understood.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Very true
Simply realizing that there ARE other possibilities, and appreciating the differences between these possibilities, is a very big realization in and of itself, if understood.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

i like your way of thinking. Btw i liked your former post about bodily perceptions. Did you do experiments on that?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Oh very joyfully to remember now about Lila thanks. This existence according to these ancient texts you mention is a game played by God and in the highest spheres it is all just a festival to glorify it and his master. According to it to know about this is very blissfully and liberates from the conditioning of being played just like a simulation in a game.
Lust and Anger are the source why the most of us do not perceive the reality as a game. For a lot of people to say this life is just a game. While the most part are struggling for life seams ironic.

As you go higher, and maintain the focus of your consciousness on higher and more creative meanings, reality will reflect more of it.

Yes and no, refereed to the original context of the idea of Lila. There are parameters given in Lila like the lifeforms where programmed to do things about events to happen. In this case it would be more like your only free will would be to decide in favor for more knowledge of the self or more ignorance against it what ever is the outcome of your life it comes down to just that decision. In the original context it is more or less like this.

But your approach is refreshing and almost like new impute I give you a star.
edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
karmayogi: As I understand it, there are two broad schools of thought on lila. Dualistic views say that lila refers to God's activities specifically, and his devotees. The non-dualistic school sees it as all of reality. I am non-dualistic in my thinking, so I go with the latter. I also tie this in with the concept of 'karma,' where our realities are constructed based on accumulated tendencies over time. Generally we are caught in loops of previous habits, and yet we are not inextricably bound to these habits, but our manifestations are determined based on the way our conscious-energies are focused. This is why karma can be transcended, and karmic manifestations can become more playful, if seen through. I understand that my explanations may not be exactly the way it is traditionally explained, but that's ok with me...evolution along with an expansion of the knowledge available in the modern world, I would say

pica: can you clarify your question please?
edit on 5-5-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I hope to give the play of life great meanings of wonder, amazement, beauty, and awe. I hope to reduce suffering within my own Self, and help reduce the suffering of others through compassion and altruism. I hope to be ever mindful of observation and experience, and to observe and experience to my dying days. I hope to leave behind a legacy that I will be happy to return to.

Just adding this because it came to mind as I was reading your op.

All The World's A Stage
willian Shakespeare

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first, the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
Then the whining schoolboy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lined,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slippered pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

P.S.
There is much understanding and wisdom to be gained in both dualistic and non-dualistic understandings. Neither should be side-lined or benched for the other. In fact, isn't (Non-Dual and Dual) a duality in itself?

Peace.

new topics

top topics

join