It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are these things?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
In retail, there are sometimes things packaged in plastic, with the little cardboard thing that has the hole for hanging on a peg. What is the cardboard thing called? I need to buy some custom ones, and have absolutely NO idea what they are, or where to get them made. Below is an example of what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance!

edit on 3-5-2012 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
pretty sure they're called "bag toppers"

Google that...see if that helps

Yep...ETA:

Av ery Bag Toppers
edit on 3-5-2012 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You can make these at home with some heavy card stock and a hole punch. If you want to get creative, go to a local craft store and get a specialty punch to make shaplier holes.

edit on 3-5-2012 by redbarron626 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I don't know what they're called, but I would bet that if you had a design in mind a place like Office Max could print it on some posterboard. You may have to cut it, fold it, and punch the hole, or they may be able to do that for you. I'm not sure. But if you're dealing with limited quantities, it should be a pretty inexpensive way to go.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the feedback. Wow, they want between $0.25 and $0.50 per piece on the net. I'm thinking I could simply buy the right weight cardboard and cut them myself, print a label, and call it good for much less. I can get the 8" scan pegboard pegs for about the same price as a chunk of cardboard!
Amazing, just amazing...LOL. Anyway, once again, thank you all.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Check with some local printers. They should only cost a few cent a piece, unless you're talking a really small quantity.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

What are you selling?
2nd

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

What are you selling?
2nd

Yeah...what is it...I might need one...

Des

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It's for my son's Airsoft/Paintball and Tactical Gear shop that he's opening. Half of the stuff Condor Outdoor ships comes in a bag without the hanging part, and I figured I'd get some so that we can save on self space, and simply hang it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Hanger Hole Punch, found this one on this site

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
It's for my son's Airsoft/Paintball and Tactical Gear shop that he's opening. Half of the stuff Condor Outdoor ships comes in a bag without the hanging part, and I figured I'd get some so that we can save on self space, and simply hang it.

You are one sharp Dad...hanging displays get a lot more attention than stuff sitting on shelves. That's why stores have all the hanging racks of little things right at the checkout line.

Good Luck, sounds like you've got it covered....

Des

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

One thing I am is one broke dad...LOL. This thing has cost a fortune to get off the ground, but I'm hoping it will work out for him. If nothing more, it's keeping him in college for now, which is a good thing, so hopefully he'll eventually finish the business plan that I started for him. HA!

@visinequeen - Thank you for the info on the hole punch. I'll be buying one later today, and it looks like they have card stock paper, which is what I believe I'll need.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

This is the old Interior Design person coming out of hibernation here...

I was envisioning your Son's store, and displays. For eye catching art work to place on a few bare wall spots, have your son, blast away some colorful paintballs on poster stock, black or white stock depending on the paint colors. Would fit in well with his theme, and give an exciting visual of what it would look like in real life use. The more visuals you give the customers, the more it entices them to purchase.

Des

new topics

top topics

join