It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My AMAZING movie collection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Before I start the thread. If all the movies are playing at the same time download this add on for firefox, it will make it so that you have to click play for the clip to load instead of playing automatically.
addons.mozilla.org...

Over the years I have collected a number of movies that have changed my perspective drastically. These movies have helped me under stand the world in a way I could have never thought on my own. They have partially answered the questions we all ask.... I do not like wasting my time with mindless dribble, each of these movies will teach you something if you pay attention. They are works of art not some crap a studio splice together to make a quick buck. If you have any to add PLEASE ADD MORE!!
Oh and please do not trample my thread with mindless dribble movies.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Is that all? More movies, please post more movies. Please post your whole collection (laughing maniacally), yes, yes, post all the movies ever made on this one thread.

Thanks for the links. More. More.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
its not full lenght movie

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Nice collection and choices! My personal picks would be, in no particular order...

Atlas Shrugged, Logan's Run, Gattaca and They Live. Now you bring the movies, I'll bring the beer and munchies. We can invite everyone out for a long night at a Drive-In and have a n ATS kinda party!

(Agree on a few of those having some deep meaning and important messages
)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Could you post a list of the movies? I don't have flash player so I can't view the videos.
I'm interested in what you have in your collection.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

what about the matrix? The second 2 get a lot of scorn, and while they were not as good movies, they were even better, deeper, messages...

Those movies all 3, if watched in the right way...

Well I'll say this. My most mystical experience ever involved Me, Matrix revolutions, and Neo...

We were ONE.
edit on 5/4/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Thanks for the list. There are some there I have not yet seen, so will check out. As a conossieur of mind-bending films with a philosophical message or artistic merit, may I also recommend the following if you have not yet had the pleasure to 'vidi'.

Clockwork Orange
Waking Life (director is Richard Linklater - A Scanner Darkly)
Slacker (Linklater again)
Dead Man
City of Lost Children
Baraka
Kooyanisqatsi
Mullholland Drive
Blue Velvet
2001 Space Oddysey
Man bites Dog
Eraserhead
The Cook The Thief His Wife Her Lover
Barton Fink
Naked Lunch
Jacob's Ladder
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Meet the Feebles (hilarious)
Cube
Pi
Requeim For A Dream (not for the squemish)

Peace Out - Enjoy

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
some great choices there, many of them i also own.
heres some more you might want.

Dark City

12 Monkeys

Moon

i'll likely edit when i think of more..

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
You're into some dark flicks, hehe...

Thing is though, these films are the type you really just watch ONCE and enjoy them. I tend to purchase movies I can watch over and over again, vs. other movies I like. True though, if I find a good deal, and even think I may want to watch it again, I'll snag it...but for the most part, I usually only ever buy ones I want to watch multiple times, or ones I missed at the box office and find cheap. Otherwise, I'll just Netflix or RedBox it.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

what about the matrix? The second 2 get a lot of scorn, and while they were not as good movies, they were even better, deeper, messages...

Those movies all 3, if watched in the right way...

Well I'll say this. My most mystical experience ever involved Me, Matrix revolutions, and Neo...

We were ONE.
edit on 5/4/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Grate movies, its because of that movie I was able to comprehend what laid out side the box.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
You're into some dark flicks, hehe...

Thing is though, these films are the type you really just watch ONCE and enjoy them. I tend to purchase movies I can watch over and over again, vs. other movies I like. True though, if I find a good deal, and even think I may want to watch it again, I'll snag it...but for the most part, I usually only ever buy ones I want to watch multiple times, or ones I missed at the box office and find cheap. Otherwise, I'll just Netflix or RedBox it.

What are some movies you have bought?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned
Thanks for the list. There are some there I have not yet seen, so will check out. As a conossieur of mind-bending films with a philosophical message or artistic merit, may I also recommend the following if you have not yet had the pleasure to 'vidi'.

Clockwork Orange
Waking Life (director is Richard Linklater - A Scanner Darkly)
Slacker (Linklater again)
Dead Man
City of Lost Children
Baraka
Kooyanisqatsi
Mullholland Drive
Blue Velvet
2001 Space Oddysey
Man bites Dog
Eraserhead
The Cook The Thief His Wife Her Lover
Barton Fink
Naked Lunch
Jacob's Ladder
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Meet the Feebles (hilarious)
Cube
Pi
Requeim For A Dream (not for the squemish)

Peace Out - Enjoy

NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!!!
Thanks for the list, I got some new movies to rent.

new topics

top topics

join