It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

computer help!! again....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
Goto IOrbit.com and down load the free version of Advance System Care 5
Use The Free Version,,, Works Great for fixing slow cranky systems and theres a tools box with lots of Tweaks
for you.

This is good advice except its called IOBit
they also do a first rate free program unistaller that you can use to clean up your system.

Also if you dont want to got the full route of upgrading you could try getting more RAM for your PC as this almost always improves the performance.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Well I use VUZE not iobit or whatever. And I use the advanced system care 5. Thats what I meant to say, but for some reason I was calling it cc clean. Because on my computer it shows a big C in the task bar.

I have done a few things that was mentioned before, but I do not want to change my OS. I really like windows 7.

I know I am kinda being hard headed about not wanting to changed any hardware, or OS, but it worked well for me before, and just recently its been really lame. The last day or two have been a little better. But I just think something is going on.

I have had internet problems recently, which is why I was asking about my wifi card. And I have crappy AT&T. But my room mates computer does just fine. So thats why I wasn't thinking it was the modem or router.

Does anyone think that if my card was crapping out or having issues it could because all these issues. Also whenever I download something my speed is what it should be. Slow 300kb/s max. But that hasn't changed.

So maybe I was thinking Chrome may be the culprit, but I haven't updated it, and it hasn't asked. Maybe it does it by itself. I dunno, but I really have no way to back anything up, and although I have no real personal stuff on my computer saved to the HD, I do have tons of video and music I don't want to loose.

Also about the RAM, when I first got it I have a buddy that knows computers and he came out and was going to put more in but said it had all the slots filled and was pretty much maxed out. So not sure what I could do. I dunno how much I have though either.

I may figure a way to just reinstall windows on my computer, I finally have a weekend off. I am very happy. It's been 3 weeks. So yay for me. But I may have time sunday. I am going to the lake tomorrow.

Again thanks everyone for you help. I appreciate the heck out of it.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Many posters above have given decent advice/ Your main Problem is
AVG , It used to be ok, but not for a while, It dragging your computer down!

Uninstall AVG and install something else! I would recommend Avira

This will free up much cpu cycles and a good chunk of memory.

Avira Anti Virus

Also go into your services , and disable Indexing.

There are quite a few services that in your situation should be disabled.

Here is a good article, i have followed this guy for years , he knows a lot!

Black Viper

Let me know if you need anything else

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MoosKept240

Hello, friend. You are not the first I have heard complain about Chrome's memory allocation issues. Ever try Opera? Or Firefox? I use Firefox myself, but not in Windows, Fedora Linux.
Opera is a very fast browser, and is fully configurable like Firefox is. Be sure to configure your cookies, history, and cache to be deleted on browser close.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Upgrade your system and your explorer .If it don't work,then maybe change another system and retry it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join