It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GE gets a refund?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So I know this has been talked about but was looking for clarification on something.

GE may be the most egregious example of the situation we're describing. CEO Jeffrey Immelt made $15.2 million in 2010, when GE's profit was $75.49 billion. And GE received a $3.3 billion tax refund.

From this article
ge refund
So if GE got a refund does that mean they paid taxes in or is it more like an earned income credit people get? Just couldn't see how they recieved a refund if they didn't pay anything in taxes.
Thanks for any help

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
75 billion "profit".... why? We all are paying through the nose for basic electricity, so they can profit almost 100 billion? For what is that money being used for? And why has electricity gone up so much when we should have perfected the efficiency by now?

GE makes the mafia look like The Little Rascals.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

I guess everyone figures they paid their fair share and shouldn't be troubled to pay any more. In fact, hell, let's give some back!

...meanwhile, any OTHER Corporation seems to be looked upon like the Devil incarnate and the source of every problem our nation has. What a difference it makes to know and pay tribute to the right people.

Those people even pay tribute back occasionally. Look, right there!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
GE are the most dispicable bunch of crooks i have ever had the displeasure of being shafted by.

theyre just another part of the evil corrupt regime running this god forsaken rock.

top topics

join