It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far is the UK behind USA?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I try and keep up to date with events in the ME and whilst a lot of the stuff in the following video by Aaron Russo I've skimmed over (and I'm sure many on this forum have seen his stuff), this is the one video that has really scared me.

America seems to be accelerating at a frightening rate towards a police state, a lot of it goes unknown but the video is clear evidence things are not looking good- we'll be tracked on pretty much everything we do, people can be arrested without charge or trial and locked away, these kind of powers natually lead to corruption and exploitation for any kind of opposition.

Will people who question 9/11 be locked away as 'terrorists', what is going on?

Here's the video, I'm sure many have seen it but I hadn't until today so maybe there are others who haven't seen it yet either.

My concern is, is the UK following this path? Is the UK heading where America is heading?

I've never been to America, but being from the UK have always looked up to America in many ways, we are obviously 'allies', but the evidence of where America is heading right now is outright disturbing. It's not a path I want my country to follow.

I don't want every single payment and journey I make to be known by the government, I don't want a police state.

I'm sure many Americans will deny this is happening in their country but the stuff like the NDAA shows the opposite.

Sadly, I'm thinking the UK won't be too far behind.

Anyone got any thoughts on were the UK is heading in terms of the NWO?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Considering we in the UK are the most surveiled nation in the world why worry ?

Americans fear ending up like us !

Peace

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Already happening, the world over.

Problem is it is happening so gradually, no one seems to notice it is actually going on right now.

Card spending? Government knows where you are at any given time by what you spend on any ATM card. Not sure? go and check your statement each month. It's like an electronic paper trail of your movements.

And let's not forget the ultimate "must have" surveillance technology, the humble mobile or cell phone. You think they put all that stuff in there for your benefit?

Years ago they tried outright to get this ID card stuff happening, with chips and tracking and scanning, the people said no way. Next thing we have cashless cards and mobile phones.

You know what they say about coincidences. They take a lot of planning.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
We are already there.

Did you know your car tyres have rfid chips? Have you noticed those little square lines cut into the road every few miles? they read the rfid chips that are in our tyres.

Did you read recently about the supermarkets using electronics that detect our phones so they can track our movements within the store? they say it cant detect who we are but most pay with a card so its obvious they DO know who we are.

Have you noticed how the cameras on our roads do not look at our number plates, they look INTO our cars using facial recognition software.

Have you noticed how every public event, even little village school events are monitored by police citv vans?

Everything we do is monitored,EVERYTHING.

The vid you embeded is a frightening vid, one of the few that tells the truth. RIP Arron Russo.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
i think the uk is has gone that way,the goverment in this country no longer listens to the people,the people who make the laws are all rich snobs that have no idea of normal life,
even boris johnson is a posh snob,,,
the uk is where we pay soldiers in afganistan a rubbish wage and pay david beckham thousands
the uk is where we give people knighthoods for being on the television like bruce forsight
the uk is where the police harras stoners,while crack heads rob old ladies and girls get raped
the uk we didnt vote this goverment in remember we didnt so they merged called them self the coalition party ..
remember that now ,do they even mention that bloke ron paul over here ,plenty of obama this and obama that ..blatant controlled television....
why are these people in goverment if they dont listen to the people..there corrupt the whole stinking lot ..

wake up uk please just wake the hell up

peace and love to ya

come on uk we didnt vote them in .....remember help me someone to wake them up ffs...
edit on 3-5-2012 by stuthealien because: because they forgot we didnt vote them in

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp

Peace

You're right. I think the US is going to follow Britain as closely as possible on some things. Guns and surveillance are at the top of the list IMO. You've got cameras on every corner, they're working on it here.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Peace

I don't know about that, do we have the equivelant of an NDAA yet?

Apologies if we do, and even worse if we do and I don't even known about it!!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
Already happening, the world over.

Problem is it is happening so gradually, no one seems to notice it is actually going on right now.

Card spending? Government knows where you are at any given time by what you spend on any ATM card. Not sure? go and check your statement each month. It's like an electronic paper trail of your movements.

And let's not forget the ultimate "must have" surveillance technology, the humble mobile or cell phone. You think they put all that stuff in there for your benefit?

Years ago they tried outright to get this ID card stuff happening, with chips and tracking and scanning, the people said no way. Next thing we have cashless cards and mobile phones.

You know what they say about coincidences. They take a lot of planning.

Fully agreed, I was looking at my bank statement only tonight and it's quite shocking really how your life is tracked- where you shop, what you buy etc.

I'm thinking more of the police state that is in the open as it were.

The riots last year, the police weren't exactly all out aggression, in fact many people argued they could have done more to stop the violence.

Compare this to America and some of the levels of violence against Occupy Protestors-

I mean, the UK is nowhere near this, these are innocent protestors yet the police are just lashing out like animals.

I've seen more police brutality in USA than I seen in the propaganda campaign to bomb Libya!

Do we have this in the UK against peaceful protests?

What's going to happen if the people do rise up violently? Are the police going to start shooting people? WTF is going on?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
We are already there.

Did you know your car tyres have rfid chips? Have you noticed those little square lines cut into the road every few miles? they read the rfid chips that are in our tyres.

Did you read recently about the supermarkets using electronics that detect our phones so they can track our movements within the store? they say it cant detect who we are but most pay with a card so its obvious they DO know who we are.

Have you noticed how the cameras on our roads do not look at our number plates, they look INTO our cars using facial recognition software.

Have you noticed how every public event, even little village school events are monitored by police citv vans?

Everything we do is monitored,EVERYTHING.

The vid you embeded is a frightening vid, one of the few that tells the truth. RIP Arron Russo.

Apart from the surveilence- such as being the most recorded nation via CCTV on the planet, how else do we show signs of the police state, that is seen in America?

I agree fully with your comments regarding how we are potentially being watched all the time. Of course, I don't think they have the time to track everyone and perhaps gullibly, I have the hope that the UK police/intelligence only 'monitor' you if you are indeed a real threat.

Someone looking at conspiracy videos and talking about 9/11 being an inside job does not constitue being a terrorist- but in America at the moment it seems you could well be locked up for such a thing?

Am I right there?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuthealien
i think the uk is has gone that way,the goverment in this country no longer listens to the people,the people who make the laws are all rich snobs that have no idea of normal life,
even boris johnson is a posh snob,,,
the uk is where we pay soldiers in afganistan a rubbish wage and pay david beckham thousands
the uk is where we give people knighthoods for being on the television like bruce forsight
the uk is where the police harras stoners,while crack heads rob old ladies and girls get raped
the uk we didnt vote this goverment in remember we didnt so they merged called them self the coalition party ..
remember that now ,do they even mention that bloke ron paul over here ,plenty of obama this and obama that ..blatant controlled television....
why are these people in goverment if they dont listen to the people..there corrupt the whole stinking lot ..

wake up uk please just wake the hell up

peace and love to ya

come on uk we didnt vote them in .....remember help me someone to wake them up ffs...
edit on 3-5-2012 by stuthealien because: because they forgot we didnt vote them in

Regarding voting, it seems from the local elections yesterday Labour has taken over a pretty large % of the Conservatives...don't really follow it all so you'd have to check that yourself

So that is encouraging to me, it shows people are waking up to some extent! Of course, Labour/Conservative is the same charade as Rebublican/Democratic, but it's a start I guess.

I also agree with the media propaganda, but that said, the UK news does often show both of the story- one particular time when Sky News interviewed David Shayler- and the guy doing the interview actually humoured him and let him get his voice across- this wouldn't happen in America IMO-

Above is a 3 parter, I was suprised so much was aired and allowed to get through!

In fact watching those videos throughout amazes me how much info this guy got out on a MSM broadcast!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I'm not sure about the UK, from Aust myself, but I know in the US they have FAR more rights than we have here. Their constitution protects them to a degree, although it is easy to see it is being eroded away pretty quick by these so called terrorism laws, that are, frankly, more open to interpretation than even the bible.

Here it seems if the government wants to put in a new law, they just do it, whether we want it or not. They add taxes, laws and just about anything they want to get what they want. If we protest, they just make up new laws to counter that. We have CCTV going in everywhere, and the police just seem to do whatever they want, without any consideration to people's rights.

Another trick, and again it's a gradual, "good for the people" thing, is loyalty cards. Every time you scan that card, there is a record of what you buy. Say you buy a chocolate bar every day, they record that information every time, and send you out mail based on your spending habits. It is seen as getting a bargain for what you buy most, but in reality is just more data mining to get information on us.
If you have one, try stop using it or shopping at that particular place for a month or two. Guarantee you within that time, you will be sent a letter saying "hey you haven't been here for a while. Here's a ticket for 10% off your favourite chocolate bar." The corporations and the government aint stupid, they know exactly how to manipulate us to their own ends.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I think we just havent seen the police state YET. When it kicks in is when all the present surveilance will be used.

When we realise that our police force IS being privatised (its happening now) then what you see in the vid below becomes significant. Theres HUNDREDS like this one. I just picked it from the many that are there.

Thanks for including the vid in your post below, I hadn't seen that before. Watching part 2 now.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

My dads dog died. 3 months later tesco sent him a letter asking why he wasn't buying his dog food from them.

We've had loyalty cards here for many years now. Though I dont have one. I refuse to give my name for ANY purchase anywhere. I tell them "sell it to me without my info or I go elsewhere"

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Peace

A total myth, this. I suppose you'll chirp in with the old "300 times a day" nonsense next. 95% of all CCTV in the UK is privately owned, such as in garages, shops or homes and is not monitored in any way, unless the Police request footage after an event.

You will be surprised to know that cities such as New York and Chicago have far more CCTV camera's controlled by the authorities than London.

And no, they aren't RFID chips in tyres, there aren't RFID readers in the road, the camera's use ANPR, not facial recognition and the only reason why Tesco knew that the chaps dad bought Dog Food is because he was a clubcard holder.

Total BS fear mongering. Honestly, none of you are even aware what a true Police state is, look to NK or China for a good example and we're no where close.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

The Police are now nothing but Corperate Revenue Collection Officers !
So much so that they have changed theyre motto from 'To Serve and Protect'
to 'To Serve and COLLECT' (allegedly) !
They serve the ticket then collect the fine !

The full talk that the video you posted is from is very informative also 'Its an Illusion' by John Harris !

Also these two vids are quite informative

Peace
edit on 093131p://05America/Chicago03 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

If you're talking about any UK Police force (there isn't a single force but many) then that was never their motto to begin with. Each force has it's own motto, but "to serve and protect" is the motto for some US Police dep, not any UK ones.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I have seen the motto used in the NW of UK !

I have seen it on vehicles in my town !

I thought at the time 'how strange' thats the American motto !

Peace

edit on 093131p://05America/Chicago03 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

Which force?

Thames Valley have "to serve, protect and reduce fear" on the side of their vehicles, but it isn't their motto. I suspect the same is the case for your force.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I'm in Lancashire Stu, you may be right in what you say but I have seen it on the vehicles and as I said I thought
it VERY American then !

The point I was really trying to make was about them seeking revenue rather than doing theyre job and serving
the public !

Peace

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

The police could have done more to stop the riots in the UK last year, but they chose not to. There are several reasons for this...

1. The police do not want their funding to be cut. By allowing this to escalate they had justification to demand more resources and power for themselves.

2. The government used this as an opportunity to -
a) Scare the public from protesting
b) Justify the militarization of policing in the UK
c) Increase security measures in London - they immediately had a mobile steel wall available to deploy at the first sign of protest after the riots, as if they "knew" what was coming and had it in manufactured already
d) Increase monitoring and infiltration of peaceful protest groups like Occupy

People forget one thing, we all know that the € is dead already. There is no possible way the IMF and their donor nations can afford to bail out Greece again, and Spain, let alone France, Ireland or Portugal. Greece or Spain will need a bailout in the coming months, but together they are an impossibility, that will mark the end of the €. When you have so many countries collapsing at once, it will lead to a global collapse the likes of which we have NEVER seen.

It really would be economic Armageddon.

I wish we had a comprehensive list of all the actions our governments are taking to remove our rights and freedoms, because they really are shocking. This is speeding up right now because they know the collapse is on the way. They think they are doing it for national security, but in reality they know there will be revolutions all over the world - they are trying to secure themselves.

Our nations are becoming dictatorships by design. They created an economic system that is on the cusp of imploding, and they are terrified of what that will mean for them.

They will monitor and restrict internet usage. They are already restricting the news broadcasting (even Reuters claimed the May Day protests were "a dud" before having to back down through public assault). They are actively protecting Murdoch because they need him in place to support their propaganda.

There is far too much all happening at once for it to even remotely be considered coincidental. This is a full on attack on the freedoms of the people by every government, and they are doing it to stop the revolution when the economic system fully implodes.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join