It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean when one in seven people think the end of the world is coming?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It means your going to run out of bullets faster than anticipated

it also means more zombies to kill!

The Zombie Apocalyse is nigh prepare to get eaten!!!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

to me, it says 1/7th of the population needs xanax and some serious therapy.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
My question is does 14% of the population think the world is going to end or are they trying to induce it?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think that might actually be an improvement.

People have always thought the world was going to end.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Throwing my 2 cents in ...

This means that 1 out of 7 people will be purchasing big ticket items on time since they don't believe they will be here to make the payments!

no seriously for millions the world will end as they know it everyday...

from job loss to family tragedy the world continually changes for better or worse...

My personal opinion is that the world as we know it has already changed for some as I type this message. Our change is constant and we never know from day to day will happen........

just like a marriage ... for better or worse

PS: I have been happily engaged for 18 years!
edit on 3-5-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: add content

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

That is also an excellent speculation, yes paranoia over the end of days does lead to increased spending, especially when savings become thus useless! It could be speculated that the powers that be would want to induce such fear as to add more to their coffers although its really nothing we can prove or disprove at this point

I must say though that fear has always been a prominent control tactic in western civilization!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
It means your going to run out of bullets faster than anticipated

it also means more zombies to kill!

The Zombie Apocalyse is nigh prepare to get eaten!!!

I have always wondered if burning zombies to a crisp is as effective as a bullet in the head? I had emailed the Umbrella corp but they have not gotten back to me......

sorry just musing too!

If I feed a zombie a "red" pill will they come back to life or just deprogram?

Have a great night "coppertop" HA HA HA

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
one thing to consider; Christians base their belief systems on the Bible. the Bible prophesied that Israel would return to being a nation in the end times. for hundreds of years this seemed impossible...but it came about in the fairly recent time of 1948, leading to Israel's return to Jerusalem in 1972. there is no precedent in history of an exiled people returning to its homeland and regaining nationhood. that is a large part of the Christian end-times emphasis.

agree wi David64;the U.S. will be hardest hit by whatever goes down. I think most people don't realize how fragile 'the system' really is.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It means ATS get's a lot of website traffic.

But seriously, it simply means people are paranoid by nature and the internet brings out the worst of that. Also, one out of seven statistics found on the internet 75% incorrect.. or something like that

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well, I see it as meaning that 10% won't be able to co-create the disasters because 90% see the world going on. I mean that should mean we win a better world. Since I believe in the power of thought. Majority rules, so its not going to end.
edit on 3-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Very "Science of Mind" of you to say so! I agree though, I dont think the world could really end abruptly in its current state unless we REALLY willed it to do so!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It tells me that something is seriously off with humanity's take on life. One in seven people believe the world is going to end in their lifetime is quite a figure. I suppose people view their lives as a glass half full? Perhaps, the sitcoms, religion, credit cards, jobs, and other trivial pursuits are not doing it for them? Then, we can take into account the many disparaging issues of our time as well.

Insolvency of governments, inflation, taxes, radioactive contamination in Japan, nuclear proliferation, terrorism, an apparent uptick in natural disasters, cancer, erosion of morals and standards, blatant and rampant corruption by authority figures, and many more on the list. Bread and circuses can only do so much. I suspect the doom and gloom frame of mind is only going to continue as things continue to devolve. Perhaps, we are facing a collision by train of our own making? I suppose misery loves company? I do believe we can seek out the positive in just about anything this rock called Earth throws at us. However, if we continue to relish the negative? The negativity is going to present itself more and more in our lives. I play this song in my mind when things go to hell in a hand basket.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BioSafe
It means, 14.28% of the population want the pain to end.

At least that amount feel they dont have much to live for and want the plug to be pulled !!

That is what is really at the root of it. Human life is an opportunity for liberation, and every person who has sensitivity can see the writing on the wall - humanity is moving towards a slavery and a regression that is hidden behind a false sense of advancement. The illusion of advancement is interpreted through science and technology. These advancements seem to promise an enhanced form of living but in a spiritual sense are an increasing process of regression. What do they say? "Give me liberty or give me death."

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

But we'll all be on our way to the graves -- you included -- because of how bad we just trash this planet.
Doesn't take a biologist to realize were pretty much toast unless we can suddenly take in plasmids to all our cells and photosynthesize and block radiation.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

It means that 6 out of 7 people do not think that the world is not coming to on end. Good to know that.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Most people are anxious, begging for something different to happen.

Good or bad. It doesnt matter. Humanity is losing its (almost) will to live. We're so apathetic that maybe is our subconscious desperately trying to wake up. To snap out of the "hypnotism" we're suffering.

Im no exception to my idea. I want something to happen, be it good or bad, as long as its in my lifetime,... I dont know... maybe to give some actual meaning to my existence.

Or... its just my dumb opinion

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hmmm possibly delusional? Just as what does it mean when an even higher percentage believe in a Supreme Being that we can't see, taste, hear, or touch and only seems to speak to a very few people who are in a very solitary situation with no witnesses around? Especially one that calls for non-believers to be killed or enslaved. Some may call Both delusional.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

What does it mean when one in seven people think the end of the world is coming?

caffertyfile.blogs. cnn.com

It's the end of the world as we know it - at least for one in seven people worldwide.

A new poll conducted for Reuters shows nearly 15% of people believe the world will end during their lifetime.

And 10% think the end could come as soon as this year - that's based on the end of the 5,100-year-old Mayan calendar that arrives on December 21, 2012.

Pollsters questioned more than 16,000 people in more than 20 countries. It turns out predictions of doom and gloom vary widely depending on where
(visit the link for the full news article)

I aim to prove what it means... if you were to click the link in my signature, I have created a fairly lengthy Thread that DIRECTLY APPLIES to this...

If there is any other information in regards to what I present in my thread... PLEASE INCLUDE IT.

after enough people reply, with additional information, I will re-write the Thread, and hopefully aim to answer ALL of these questions and more!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

to me, it says 1/7th of the population needs xanax and some serious therapy.

Most people don't believe in that "bandaid" anymore. Popping a pill or two, every day for the rest of your life subsequently increasing your dosage strength doesn't seem too appetizing.

But close, I think it's around 1 in 10 are on anti-anxiety and of course that increases if you factor in anti-depressants as well.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It means that the advertising has worked for one in seven. This is all being sold to us by the same people who would want to restructure our world to their benefit. We are seeing the effect of social programmers. They exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join