It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean when one in seven people think the end of the world is coming?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

terrorists is a gimmick designed to keep us complacent while the government chains us ever more tightly to their whims, no matter how ridiculous or unconstitutional...

It has nothing to do with the end of the world, as far as I can tell...unless by end of the world, the Mayans meant a terrorist attack would be used to implement the NWO.

If that's how it's happening, well...I'll be fried in bacon grease and covered in rainbow sprinkles.

edit on CThursdaypm141407f07America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It means that people see the world changing and not conforming to their world view. It also indicates how people feel helpless in the face of this change.

More of a psychological insight then a "masses must be right" interpretation, in my opinion...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It means 6 people were bribed or have a place in a bunker or
That when answering these stupid questionaires 1 took it seriously and six did not give a
shi........

Cran

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by denver22

It's because Christianity has been making promises for too long and not making good on it...

People are tired of waiting and want something that sounds good and is coming soon.

of course but the charlatans promise with dates and such i live around the corner from icke and known him for many years and he talks b s like the rest..

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If 1out of 7say the end is near then it is what is. I think we shape our own future. We can not control what happens in space but we can control our choices. And if we all believe something is going to happen perhaps we will make it happen with our near end thoughts.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
it means the government and the charlatans want your money, either way they are making alot of people paranoid..

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

That's how I feel, really. It's not that I "believe" anything, so much as I'm "hoping" something will change.

The same old drama and bull#, all the world over, gets very tiring. I just want everyone to get along for a few years, instead of fighting like starving, rabid wolves over the last couple of bones. Even the adults act like their first day in the day care center.

If something doesn't happen in the next couple of years, I'm going to say to hell with it and find someone who doesn't mind wasting a shell on my weary posterior. It's better than trying to hold my breath, at least.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What this really means is that if 1/7 of the population is on this bandwagon, and only a slightly larger percentage actually look into any alternative anything. It means that they have succeeded at classic deception.

They use some elements of truth and then completely demean any alternative thinking by only showcasing the most incredulous wack jobs.

Like instead of showing someone jumping to bold conclusions based on spotty research and collections, show someone is simply trying to present information that shows that mainstream academia is not giving us the whole picture.

But no, every time I see anything somewhat alternative in thinking on tv, the idea being presented is just completely demeaned and made into a joke by some sensationalist, greedy, attention whore.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If/when it does all come down, we in the US will be some of the hardest hit. We've had it so good for so long, a collapse will devastate most. Even the ones who think it's coming aren't prepared. They have way, way too much faith in the government. "We'll be ok, they won't let us starve" Uh, yeah, they will. If there is an economic collapse, things will fall apart so fast, Uncle Sam can't keep up. New Madrid cuts loose ........ Well, don't even want to think about that one. They will assure they're own survival, we come a distant second.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I disagree with a few that have posted so far. I don't think it's the media, history channel, nor do these 1 in 7 need a psychoanalysis. If you don't think that there is a possibility that humankind can end humankind, now more than ever, you need to take your head out of your @#$.

How many threads and scientific backing have you seen on the radioactivity from Fukushima? Our nuclear situation is very serious, and I truly believe that the severity of it all has yet to of been disclosed to the public. It's all around us now, and this was on accident. Imagine the repercussions of something that we plan to destroy entirely? The aftermath?

I believe the odds of our own demise are increasing each year, and I'm not a pessimist by a long shot. If this post was at all offending to any, I apologize - reality will not.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It means that we are obviously wrong in our belief systems, societal structures, and direction as a species. But don't tell that to those that wish to continue this death wish that we call civilization. Just a note, I am not saying civilization is necessarily bad, but I do know that we have gotten "our" version of civilization wrong.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I dont think that the 1:7 in my honest opinion understand or can even begin to fathom a Doomsday scenario but due to the media exploiting and making movies about the end times or WSHTF...I can honestly say that I do not beleive that one in seven actually believe but will admit they actually do because their minds can not handle it. If the population ratio with doomsday believers is that high dont you think there would be more cry in the world? When TSHTF I doubt 1:7 will even be aware let alone know what happend to them. This may be my first reply but dont you think out of 20 countries that would stir some sort of uprising? Well I am yet again a hypocit because I post on a forum for more answers then actually physically searching...You know uprising etc..Do not want to say too much here for that matter but 1:7 seems way too high to have "their eyes" open. I think the media hype just gives them a little hope. My stepdad never mentioned any end of days but when he seen the new movie (well not new but about this year not sure if i can post the name so ill leave it out..If you cannot guess it then you should not be commenting here IMO.) Well anyways my stepdad said good end of times means "I wont have to pay bills anymore". This is what I pertain to the 1:7 I think media has feared the public to thinking they beleive but they really dont or cant if you understand?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dymiox

Im not denying that mankind threatens its own safety as well as the threats the world presents. I am just speaking entirely in regards to the 2012 theory and msm's obvious end of the world fear mongering. Im trying to say that much of the information presented in these things is actually significant and has obvious contradictions to mainstream academia. And it is no coincidence that everytime something that is alternative is presented it is lumped in with ancient aliens and 2012

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned
I'm not disputing that change is afoot, we seem to be heading toward a critical juncture where human global consciousness will evolve or mutate.

This is what I think. Doomsayers say it's the end of the world. It's not the end of the world, but there might be some big changes. There have to be some big changes, or else we're all going to end up ruining this planet.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by denver22

It's because Christianity has been making promises for too long and not making good on it...

People are tired of waiting and want something that sounds good and is coming soon.

Not only Christians believe in the end of days, it can be found in every religion
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

i would be more interested in knowing how many of these believers have ` moved the goalposts ` , and how many times ?

ie how many of the people who currently believe the world is going to end ` soon ` subscribed to previous failed " prophecies "

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
When I turned 40, I decided that I was going to change the way I view 'time' cos I was sooooo old !
So my days are now 26 hrs long and I have 13 months in a year !
In my world I'm now 42 and it's only 2005 !
So I have 7 years to go to the end of MY world !

Hoorah ! Hip Hip ..........

Peace

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
reply to post by dymiox

Im not denying that mankind threatens its own safety as well as the threats the world presents. I am just speaking entirely in regards to the 2012 theory and msm's obvious end of the world fear mongering. Im trying to say that much of the information presented in these things is actually significant and has obvious contradictions to mainstream academia. And it is no coincidence that everytime something that is alternative is presented it is lumped in with ancient aliens and 2012

The MSM will discuss the world ending when its already happened.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It is no secret that there has always been a significant population that believe the world will come to an end in their lifetime. Although at different times the figure varies im not sure 1 in 7 is really out of the ballpark as far as the historical concern of apocalypse. In the past leaders have convinced tha majority of their influenced people that the world would end... If the figure was 50% or better I would say that our consciousness as a race is trying to tell us something...

We are most definitely in for serious change within our lifetimes but no lifetime is carried out without significant change. The belief that the world will end however (and no offense to those who do, maybe you know something I dont) can usually be traced to either fear of change or more specifically uncertainty as to the way life will continue during and after these changes take place.

In any case my policy has always been not to keep secrets and always show love to everyone because regardless of the end of the world you or I could be dead tomorrow, but worse yet are the consequences of living in a world to which you have only shown disdain.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaronAlbatross
It is no secret that there has always been a significant population that believe the world will come to an end in their lifetime. Although at different times the figure varies im not sure 1 in 7 is really out of the ballpark as far as the historical concern of apocalypse. In the past leaders have convinced tha majority of their influenced people that the world would end... If the figure was 50% or better I would say that our consciousness as a race is trying to tell us something...

We are most definitely in for serious change within our lifetimes but no lifetime is carried out without significant change. The belief that the world will end however (and no offense to those who do, maybe you know something I dont) can usually be traced to either fear of change or more specifically uncertainty as to the way life will continue during and after these changes take place.

In any case my policy has always been not to keep secrets and always show love to everyone because regardless of the end of the world you or I could be dead tomorrow, but worse yet are the consequences of living in a world to which you have only shown disdain.

Thank you for summing up and making it more clear then my post on page two. If 1:7 were the actual figure we would see something change or an uprising or even just more chatter from the everyday man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join