It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State GOP’s caucus picks leave Romney slate slighted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Having all but locked up the Republican nomination for president, Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, assembled a slate of delegates to support him at the Republican nominating convention in Tampa.

But when Massachusetts Republicans went to their caucuses on Saturday, many didn’t vote for Mitt Romney’s picks.

Instead, they went for Ron Paul.

More On This

Less than half of Romney’s 27 chosen delegates won, and the losers included some notable Massachusetts Republicans - including Kerry Healey, the former lieutenant governor, and the House minority leader, Bradley H. Jones Jr., according to two Republican State Committee members who did not want to be named. Even some prominent alternate delegates lost - including 2010 gubernatorial candidate Charles D. Baker and Sheriff Frank G. Cousins Jr., the Republicans said.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'd say Ron Paul's campaign is far from over - in fact it, it looks like he's only just begun. I'd bet 1,000 bucks that Ron Paul is going to absolutely destroy Romney or Obama in a straight up debate, not to mention people are beginning to wake up to the fact that the mainstream isn't covering any of his conventions, to which thousands have been drawn to, as opposed to Mitt Romney's hundreds. It just doesn't seem like they can keep sidelining him for very much longer without absolutely destroying their credibility.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
RP grabbed a large amount of the delegates from Louisiana.
The state's GOP establishment is livid.
They set up a system that was designed for the establishment leaders to control it. RP's campaign beat them at their own game and they cannot stand it!
The establishment will not allow RP to enter the oval office, no matter what. But watching him and his supporters drive them bananas is awesome.
GEAUX PAUL!!!!!!
--Proud Louisianan

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I literally lol'd when I read that.

This just gets better by the day. One of Dr. Pauls favorite expressions is "blowback". I'm honestly expecting a big ruckus in Tampa. I hope not, but I won't be surprised.

new topics

top topics

join