It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student's 'Jesus' shirt sparks feud with school

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I don't know why people wear these silly shirts in the first place, I wear some shirts featuring my favourite bands now and then but other than that I wear modest, casual clothing, don't like stuff that is too loud or attracts attention to me, no big logo's or brands, either.

To me this whole thing can be compared to something we can all relate to here on ATS so think about it like this - here we can have avatars, and there are guidelines one must follow when coosing or creating an avatar because although you might choose something you, personally, don't find offensive - other people might.

ATS have the right to take action against users who choose to ignore these guidelines, and we all agree with these terms and conditions, this thing with the tee-shirt is no different, the school has the right to decide what the rules are and the students should follow them or find another school, think of the fuss this has cause, things at that school must be a bot strange right now with reporters hanging about wanting details and such.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

Life is wasted without BACON!

Now THERE is a message of peace, hope and tastiness......unless you are a moslem or a jew I guess.....or porcine....

Oh well...can't please everybody!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun

Originally posted by IronArm

Student's 'Jesus' shirt sparks feud with school

news.ca.msn.com

A Christian student suspended from a high school in Nova Scotia for sporting a T-shirt with the slogan "Life is wasted without Jesus" vows to wear it when he returns to class next week.

(visit the link for the full news article)

again it shows how intolerant the preachers of tolerance are.

And for those who said religion doesn't belong in school, it's a farce. Would they be as upset if someone walked in with a "Buddha for life" shirt?

Right, and it just shows that the whole agenda has nothing to do with genuine tolerance.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Right annee keep telling yourself that. Every thread involving Christianity, there you are with some kind of hate for Christians.
edit on 3-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

A buddha for life # would not be the same as your life is wasted without jesus....so clearly no it wouldnt elicit the same type of response. People wouldnt care if it said jesus for life.....they said they wouldnt care if it said 'my life is wasted without jesus' nobody is trying to attack christianity....just obnoxiousness.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Annee

Right annee keep telling yourself that. Every thread involving Christianity, there you are with some kind of hate for Christians.

Its like you think I have to prove something to you.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

There were complaints...people offended!

I really wish people would either grow a pair or get
thicker skin.People of today are so easily offended
it is pathetic.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by samerulesapply
I don't know why people wear these silly shirts in the first place, I wear some shirts featuring my favourite bands

My favorite Tee says: The Universe is Alive.

I'm sure someone would object to that.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

A buddha for life # would not be the same as your life is wasted without jesus....so clearly no it wouldnt elicit the same type of response. People wouldnt care if it said jesus for life.....they said they wouldnt care if it said 'my life is wasted without jesus' nobody is trying to attack christianity....just obnoxiousness.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I can appareciate that. The kid was suspended for wearing something that promoted Christianity. That is the atmosphere in schools today. It's that simple. Schools are teaching meditation which is a religious practice, so let's just call it what it is. Then there was the cultural trip to the mosque.
For the record, even secular humanism is a religion by their own declaration and the ruling of the Supreme Court, but humanists tried to cover that up when their promoting of it in schools was challenged.

Secular humanism is a religion and is promoted heftily in the schools. It is just the religion of secularism.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

Its like you think I have to prove something to you.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

No, you don't, nor I you.
Weren't you the one demanding I answer people's questions about my stance on something? Oh yes you were.....

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

Again I agree with your post. I was even going to mention the dress code. Makes perfect sense. These kids should be focused on education and not any sort of advertisement. Good post.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

How dare you say people are easily offended, I'm absolutely infuriated.

Not really, sorry...couldn't resist.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Okay, I'm challenging you on that one. Which public schools are teaching meditation?

And you do understand that meditation is not necessarily a religious activity, don't you? It's akin to yoga.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I don't know why people wear these silly shirts in the first place, I wear some shirts featuring my favourite bands

I used to be a big fan of JESUS SAVES! Esposito scores on the rebound!

(but I suppose that dates me somewhat)

The kid was suspended for wearing something that promoted Christianity.
No, it was something that diminished those not sharing his faith.

Secular humanism is a religion and is promoted heftily in the schools. It is just the religion of secularism.
No, a lack of belief in someone elses' mystical worldview is not a religion.

Jeez...when did people's gods dictate "Thou Shalt Not Think!"
edit on 3-5-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because...ok?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

I used to be a big fan of JESUS SAVES! Esposito scores on the rebound!

(but I suppose that dates me somewhat)

LOL.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IronArm

I live in Nova Scotia. I am not Christian but I am annoyed by this "politically correct" crap. Everyone should have the right to follow their own traditions. If someone is bothered by a Jesus shirt because they praise something else, let them don something of their own culture and religion. If someone is offended because they don't believe in gods or deities at all, let them wear a "I do not believe in God" shirt. Freedom of speech.

Control freaks these days with their insecurities need to lighten the hell up. Either you believe in rights and freedoms or you don't.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes a scientist would disagree most likely
I myself think that's a really cool shirt! I want one
! And it's absolutely true IMHO. Neat!

link   
What if a fraturnity had a sign on campus that said "dont let your evening goto waste apply to us!" Would the board hold a meeting to discuss the sign? because the sign would be implying if you were a person not applying to that frat you would be somone wasting your evening. Or is the board only concerned with signs or t-shirts that apply within the 80-100 year range of time?

probally not, if his shirt said the evening is wasted without jesus theyd probally punish him the same.
I wonder what they would do to him if his shirt said the evening is wasted without ghandi. probally not a damn thing LOL.
edit on 3-5-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by mamabeth

How dare you say people are easily offended, I'm absolutely infuriated.

Not really, sorry...couldn't resist.

Don't let MB bait you.

Just an FYI.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Okay, I'm challenging you on that one. Which public schools are teaching meditation?

And you do understand that meditation is not necessarily a religious activity, don't you? It's akin to yoga.

I read it somewhere a few years ago. I personally have practiced yoga and meditation since high school but that is beside the point. Yoga has a physical component but there is a religious point to it. Otherwise you could get the same effect from aerobics.
The name yoga means to bind or yoke and the meaning is to yoke the soul to the Divine. The Yoga Sutras were written by Patanjali and have spiritual ideals.
Now, admittedly, some Christians objected to the teaching of yoga in the public school, but a rule is a rule right?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Meditation is a spiritual activity. If you want to separate spiritual from religious go ahead but meditation is not associated with atheism.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join