It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student's 'Jesus' shirt sparks feud with school

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Here in America, laws are laws. But I am not aware of any law that forbids taking offense (in fact, discrimination is banned partially to avoid offensive results)...although I am aware that this does not apply to Canadian establishments.

What an absurd post, you seem to think Canada is some backwoods place that has no idea how to be free.

We do have hate speech laws in the criminal code that limit free speech, or rather, limit the right for you to interfere with other peoples rights, by what you say.

We also have the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

15. (1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.

(2) Subsection (1) does not preclude any law, program or activity that has as its object the amelioration of conditions of disadvantaged individuals or groups including those that are disadvantaged because of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.

You were saying Starchild?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Let me see... the anatomy of this whole thing is...

A guy wore a tee shirt with a pro Jesus message on it.

Some people got offended and complained.
Christians got offended at the offense and started in with usual canned responses:

A anybody who criticizes Christians in any way is a bigot and should STFU
B anybody who criticizes Christians victimizes and oppresses Christians everywhere so STFU
C Christians should be respected and not offended.

Atheists get blamed.
homosexuals get blamed
Christians get criticized again and repeat the same things over and over and never learn
Anybody who criticizes Christians in any way is the real bigot because Christians can never be bigots because they're just special special people.
People who criticize Christians in any way get attacked all to hell because they should just STFU and let the Christians criticize people

Trolls who just deny deflect and attack chime in on the bandwagon because it's FUN AND TRENDY because Christians are being victimized by being offended! Of course trolls ALWAYS deny they're a troll and claim they and only they have all the facts because they are so superior to everybody else, being on the side of the oh so special Christians they are. Trolls of course should be ignored and never responded to. They are the ones who are really imposing their will on to everybody else. They of course never follow their own advice and if they expect people to stop being critical then they need to lead by example and stop their crap trolling.

Of course it's all about being offended or PEOPLE WOULDN'T BE COMPLAINING AND THIS RETARDED THREAD WOULDN'T BE SO LONG!

And that parts not obvious?

Horsepatties.

Let's discuss your deflections:

A anybody who criticizes Christians in any way is a bigot and should STFU

B anybody who criticizes Christians victimizes and oppresses Christians everywhere so STFU

C Christians should be respected and not offended.

Christians get criticized again and repeat the same things over and over and never learn

Atheists get blamed.

homosexuals get blamed

Anybody who criticizes Christians in any way is the real bigot because Christians can never be bigots because they're just special special people.

People who criticize Christians in any way get attacked all to hell because they should just STFU and let the Christians criticize people

The above have absolutely nothing to do with this thread, and they are only your deluded interpretations of what you want to believe. If you had any sources to validate those claims you would have provided them. You didn't, so as it stands at this time, those are only lies.

Now let's discuss:

Trolls who just deny deflect and attack chime in on the bandwagon because it's FUN AND TRENDY because Christians are being victimized by being offended! Of course trolls ALWAYS deny they're a troll and claim they and only they have all the facts because they are so superior to everybody else, being on the side of the oh so special Christians they are. Trolls of course should be ignored and never responded to. They are the ones who are really imposing their will on to everybody else. They of course never follow their own advice and if they expect people to stop being critical then they need to lead by example and stop their crap trolling.

Nobody that has been following this thread can deny that the above is nothing short of a dishonest, and cowardly, attack on myself. Just like your previous claims of my dishonesty, you once again provide absolutely no sources to validate those claims. I have no doubt that they won't be forthcoming either. Only a coward yells "foul", then takes off running. That is exactly what you do!

In addition, you are the biggest damn hypocrite I have encountered on ATS:
You complain about trolls, yet you are one of the biggest ones I have encountered.
You complain about name calling, yet you are one the worst to do so
You complain about dishonesty, yet you aren't honest enough to provide sources for your claims
You complain about deflection, yet you are a real pro at that
You complain about liars, yet most of what you say is a lie

If you want a source to validate my claims, your above post is more than adequate!

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Ryan - - you are the most awesome Christian ever.

You are so real.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

But I always seem to get a troll who has to attack me at every turn they get whenever I do say something insightful.

I'm sick and tired of those trolls.

I'd say that constitutes trolling!

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

You dared to criticize them, and remember, any criticism of Christians in any way shape or form is hate, according to them. Just like any laws that pass forbidding them to put religious displays on government buildings is a War On Christmas.

The cowardly troll strikes again. Well done!

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You know it really could be possible that he wore the shirt just because he really really really super liked it and really wasn't trying to be offensive.

Some people are like that you know.

Hmmm.... let me see...

www.wrongplanet.net...

This is another forum I lurk at.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

While I see what you are trying to get at, I am utterly positive that the young man in question, does not live with any Autism Spectrum disorder, as suspending him for the shirt, under those conditions, would have the school board in so much trouble for discrimination based on disability it is not funny. Also, the parents of the young man would have screamed long and loud about their son being suspended if it was a result of his Autism Spectrum Disorder. More than likely, the young man is just an ignorant, pious, in your face fauxtian.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by IronArm

Christianity is slowly being outlawed in Canada, and this is just one example. For a country who's national anthem contains the phrase "God, Keep out Land", this seems rather vengeful against the faith of Christians, while laws/rules are being passed municipaly, provincialy, and nationaly to permit greater rights to immigrants and the religious ideologies they bring with.

news.ca.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

And what if the student wore a shirt that said: Satan Rules?

Religion does not need to be a part of public school.

$5 says that if that had been on his t-shirt, he would have been allowed (or even encouraged) to wear it, on the grounds of protecting religious freedoms.

Christians are correct that they're being persecuted, but they're wrong about the reason why it's happening. They think it's because of a Satanic conspiracy. In reality, however, it's simply because the majority of them continually behave like jerks, and so the rest of us don't like them.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by Annee

Christianity is slowly being outlawed in Canada, and this is just one example. For a country who's national anthem contains the phrase "God, Keep out Land", this seems rather vengeful against the faith of Christians, while laws/rules are being passed municipaly, provincialy, and nationaly to permit greater rights to immigrants and the religious ideologies they bring with.

news.ca.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

And what if the student wore a shirt that said: Satan Rules?

Religion does not need to be a part of public school.

$5 says that if that had been on his t-shirt, he would have been allowed (or even encouraged) to wear it, on the grounds of protecting religious freedoms.

Christians are correct that they're being persecuted, but they're wrong about the reason why it's happening. They think it's because of a Satanic conspiracy. In reality, however, it's simply because the majority of them continually behave like jerks, and so the rest of us don't like them.

I don't support religion - - non religion - - or anti religion in public high school.

I personally find it sad and pathetic many can not comprehend that homosexuality is about a minority denied equality. And has nothing to do with religion.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I personally find it sad and pathetic many can not comprehend that homosexuality is about a minority denied equality. And has nothing to do with religion.

Well...
I personally find it sad, and pathetic, that many can not comprehend that homosexuality has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the topic at hand!

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I am not surprised you are for the curtailment of free speech through pc legislation.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

While I see what you are trying to get at, I am utterly positive that the young man in question, does not live with any Autism Spectrum disorder, as suspending him for the shirt, under those conditions, would have the school board in so much trouble for discrimination based on disability it is not funny. Also, the parents of the young man would have screamed long and loud about their son being suspended if it was a result of his Autism Spectrum Disorder. More than likely, the young man is just an ignorant, pious, in your face fauxtian.

Riiiight, but you have no problem with crusaders cursing out Christian teens in a public school setting, and also condemning the bible at the same time in a public place where there is supposed to be(according to atheist demands) separation of church and state.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

No where did i say I am for the curtailment of free speech by legislation, I am however, all for protecting people from real threats and violation of their rights by other people overstepping their rights.

Your rights end where my rights starts. There are very limited situations where the rights of the greater are more important than the few, in the manner that very limited violation of personal rights are needed (and strictly controlled) to protect the safety and rights of the many.

I know you love to try and put words in my mouth, but please stop.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Sorry, this is not the "Dan Savage explains the hypocrisy of cherry picking what you follow in the bible to pseudo "christians" who can't see the light at the end of the tunnel for the train barreling down on them" thread, that would be here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by Annee

Well...
I personally find it sad, and pathetic, that many can not comprehend that homosexuality has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the topic at hand!

See ya,
Milt

It has everything to do with it when it's so often christian screaming and kicking about homosexuals wanting equal rights but then turn around and throw more tantrums when their own are supposedly infringed.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Lets look at this in a different light.

Were his rights infringed by being told that he could not wear a t-shirt stating his beliefs?

Was his motive viscious or benign?

Was it all part in suppression of Christianity?

Does everyone have a right to complain about petty offences, and thusly change others inherit rights for thier own benefit?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

But looking at it objectively, its no different that someone wearing a shirt that says "Drive a Ford, the rest suck Goats"

Do you think that is appropriate for school?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I'm from a backcountry oil town in Alberta. Chev vs. Ford vs. Dodge spent alot of time being talked about.

Needless to say it got vicious.

But back to the topic at hand.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

No where did i say I am for the curtailment of free speech by legislation, I am however, all for protecting people from real threats and violation of their rights by other people overstepping their rights.

I don't recall you expressing an opinion on rather, or not, William Swinimer's rights were violated. I said they were. Can you refute any points of my argument?

Also:
I noticed your comment about wearing an "Allah Akbar!" in protest of Swinimer's shirt. A little later in that post, you referenced both shirts as being "equally offensive". Should I take that to mean that you feel both shirts are offensive? If so, would you kindly explain why?

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Nowhere in the OP was homosexuality mentioned or even hinted at. Homosexuality was a reference tossed in by a user making a tactless comment regarding the concept of expressing beliefs on clothing. It has nothing to do with this specific topic.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join