It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you going to buy the facebook IPO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I just heard on the news that Facebook is taking its stock public may 18th. Which members here on ATS plan on buying some of this stock? They say the stock will start out between 28-35 dollars a share.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'll most likely buy some. I'm waiting for Apple to get back up a bit and I may sell that off. I'm actually pretty mad at myself because I say if Amazon got below $200 I was going to buy some. It got down to about $170ish and then shot up to around $230 within a couple days.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

nope.
except for those holding shares already, this IPO will do no good
facebook is already facing a risk: people slowly start to move to new services that better address their needs
it will be pretty impossible to get a decent return as it's totally over valuated

bubble 2.0, bring it on!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I would like to think that people who frequent ATS understand that greed and power are what have put this country in the place that it is in. By investing in Facebook.com, not only are you feeding the Capitalist Machine, you are also selling yourself your own demise. This is not investing in your future! If you want to invest in your future, start buying ammunition, water barrels and purification tablets, canned food, dehydrators, solar panels, and books! Educate yourself on how to become self sufficient! Even if you never have to use these items, they will help you more in life than a bible or a stock share.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Like any other IPO (like zynga) it will start very high, then after an hour it will drop by atleast 1/2 and trend there making people lose money unless your an investor in the company.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It may be good in the short term, but long term Myspace anyone?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Its just a way to suck the public dry, don't fall for it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'll buy a couple hundred worth at the opening bell. Wait until near the end of the day, then sell. I'm looking to make a small profit and be happy with myself, because Facebook finally paid me for my private information.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Maybe they pulling in the sheep in the stock game to teach them how it works. so when the crash
does happen, they might understand what's happening a little better.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have a question.

Why does Facebook need bring in more money? What's up with that? I would be careful people, Facebook has been going downhill.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I do not invest in markets. Making money on air is wrong. I work, I make good money. I provide jobs for others and do the right thing.

Facebook and Stock Markets are all crap and make believe.

top topics

join