Would anyone help your child in this situation?

page: 5
14
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


thanks love, im new to posting but ive been trolling for months! LOL, simply put, if people realized how strong we are united, maybe they wouldn't be this way, hopefully the despair of the times can bring that realization to fruition




posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Cell phone, call 911

Let the police sort it out.

You could also snap a picture of the license number of the car, if there was a car involved.


and if that is all you would do shame on you



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
was just talking to the mrs about this and she said but surely its america (us being brits) so someone would just pull a gun and either break it up or shoot someone and not knowing where it was filmed and the states laws of guns it actually struck me that these sort of things could easily go pear shaped if someone decided that the guy was a lethal threat to the child and just pulled and shot someone and given how fast things can go from bad to worse i'd hate to of been the actor and having probably 1-2 seconds to pursade someone that you aint going to rape and kill a young kid

but also too much doing of the event would basically have the public looking at it as a candid camera event so they see a kid in trouble and are looking to find the camera's to wave at their friends



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
she said but surely its america (us being brits) so someone would just pull a gun


Most of America isn't really like this.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 43LEO729
Would not hesitate to confront this individual for one second.
A screaming child, no matter what she is saying, is in stress
and in need of some kind of help.Sort out the details later.
If it becomes physical with this individual then I can assure
you that he would be on the business end of some serious hurt.
I am old but still have some kick left from my martial arts training.
Dont like intimidation of any kind especially if a helpless child is
involved but thats just me.


Leo
Your part of the dieing breed that stands up for anyone in trouble like a child there isn't to many left out there anymore..
Thank god for people like you

peace,sugarcookie1



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by visinequeen
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


thanks love, im new to posting but ive been trolling for months! LOL, simply put, if people realized how strong we are united, maybe they wouldn't be this way, hopefully the despair of the times can bring that realization to fruition


visinequeen
I sure hope your right
peace,sugarcookie1



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
was just talking to the mrs about this and she said but surely its america (us being brits) so someone would just pull a gun and either break it up or shoot someone and not knowing where it was filmed and the states laws of guns it actually struck me that these sort of things could easily go pear shaped if someone decided that the guy was a lethal threat to the child and just pulled and shot someone and given how fast things can go from bad to worse i'd hate to of been the actor and having probably 1-2 seconds to pursade someone that you aint going to rape and kill a young kid

but also too much doing of the event would basically have the public looking at it as a candid camera event so they see a kid in trouble and are looking to find the camera's to wave at their friends


I suppose the gun thing might be true i think that depends on were your living in the US..In my town i don't know anyone packing a gun ..
But your right the abductor could have a gun and things could go bad fast ..
But when this staged event went on no one knew this was set up but it still blew me away people could just walk by like it wasn't happening..
peace,sugarcookie1



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Going back and looking at the beginning of the vid again I have to agree this does NOT clearly read as an abduction. It could easily read as a rebellious child.

Secondly, this experiment was conducted in New York where people bend over backwards to mind their own business.

You would probably have entirely different results with this experiment in many other parts of the U.S.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The sad truth is nobody stops to help.
They misinterpret what they are witnessing.
When I was 13 , this happened to me. I was alone at a shopping mall, close to home. I noticed a young man kept following me.. I exited the mall, thinking I'd lost him. As I was walking back home, I kept turning back to check he was gone, he was for awhile, but then he crept up behind me and started attacking me, twisting my arm behind my back. He was stronger than me and I couldn't break free. He started to push me towards nearby bushes to sexually assault me. During this time, there were many passerby's. I screamed for help, but I was ignored. Not one person stopped to help, or call police. He continued trying to get me in these bushes, all the time telling me I was gorgeous and he wanted me. It was like he felt some sort of entitlement, if he sees a pretty girl, you can just take her as yours. I got away by talking to him, which often doesn't work. I said stuff like who do you think you are, that if you see something you want, it's yours to take. At this point he seemed embarrassed, ashamed and somewhat intimidated. I gave him a good telling off! He let go and started walking away, with his head down. I think in this case he was destined to be a serial rapist. He said he hadn't done that before. I was his first victim.

Because he wasn't much older than me, I thought the onlookers thought we were just kids playing.

In the tapes above, I think the onlookers think it's a child acting out, the parent may be acting rough,. They dont want to interfere. Prrhsps the girl could have yelled you're a stranger. I've never seen you before, as opposed to you are not my father.
edit on 4-5-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
In my opinion , it's best to teach your child the cold hard facts of what a stranger could do to them. Instead of saying never talk to strangers . Children are curious, you tell them not to do something, without saying why, they will ignore you and want to find out why.

My dad answered the why. He told me flat out, they can take you, kill you and chop you up into pieces. You will never see your mummy or daddy ever again. That was enough to scare me. Other tips I learnt after my incident, was to never walk along the side of the street with bushes... Too easy to be pushed into them, or a man could be hiding, waiting to grab a kid who walks past.
If you think you are being followed, you walk right up to the closest house, letting the attacker know this is your house, so he will flea. I've had to use that one and it worked.

I used to be a magnet attracting these types. They are stalkers. They have a false sense of entitlement. I don't think sexual addiction are always their reasons



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I would never,and I repeat never tolerate such a thing.I'm the kind of person that is never afraid to confront other people,or tolerate injustice.Few days ago a horse was tied in a park and these teenagers were trowing stones at the horse and the poor thing couldn't move away.People just walked by and the assholes kept throwing stones and obviously hurting the horse.Until I walked in and told them I would call the police,and let's just say the nicest thing I said was that they were retarded assholes that their mothers unsuccessfully aborted.
Guess what?They run away like the little pussies they were.Imagine my reaction if that was a child,than again I study law and I beleive that we MUST provide help to fellow humans in need.Not acting and helping is the same as enabling a crime to happen.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Replying as a mother to my own little menace...this is about as honest as I can get!

I honestly don't know what I would have done.
I have a 3 year old. There are times when you would think he had just been hit with the biggest bat I could find. He lets out some blood curdling screams just when we're walking home from the park because he wants to stay and play some more! And I mean, wake the dead kind of screaming!

As a mother I would LIKE to say that I could recognize the difference between 'defiant child not wanting to go home' and 'attempted kidnapping'
On the other hand, when my little darling is in the middle of a tantrum, I HATE IT when strangers will come up and offer him a "ohhh whats wrong dear" and "uh oh, are you mad?" and likewise, I know someone would really hate it if I did that and the case WAS just a defiant child. In the case of 'You are not my daddy' unfortunately that can be taken as, mom's new boyfriend...mom's new husband, now "step-dad", etc...I have seen children do this as well. "don't tell me what to do/where to go because you're not my dad/mom" etc.

I would like to SAY I would know the difference but I cannot. And that makes me think I need to stop, and start viewing the world in a different way.
Good post OP



posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
The sad truth is nobody stops to help.
They misinterpret what they are witnessing.
When I was 13 , this happened to me. I was alone at a shopping mall, close to home. I noticed a young man kept following me.. I exited the mall, thinking I'd lost him. As I was walking back home, I kept turning back to check he was gone, he was for awhile, but then he crept up behind me and started attacking me, twisting my arm behind my back. He was stronger than me and I couldn't break free. He started to push me towards nearby bushes to sexually assault me. During this time, there were many passerby's. I screamed for help, but I was ignored. Not one person stopped to help, or call police. He continued trying to get me in these bushes, all the time telling me I was gorgeous and he wanted me. It was like he felt some sort of entitlement, if he sees a pretty girl, you can just take her as yours. I got away by talking to him, which often doesn't work. I said stuff like who do you think you are, that if you see something you want, it's yours to take. At this point he seemed embarrassed, ashamed and somewhat intimidated. I gave him a good telling off! He let go and started walking away, with his head down. I think in this case he was destined to be a serial rapist. He said he hadn't done that before. I was his first victim.

Because he wasn't much older than me, I thought the onlookers thought we were just kids playing.

In the tapes above, I think the onlookers think it's a child acting out, the parent may be acting rough,. They dont want to interfere. Prrhsps the girl could have yelled you're a stranger. I've never seen you before, as opposed to you are not my father.
edit on 4-5-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)


violet
Your story gave me chills I'm so happy you were able to talk this guy down i have to wonder how many people are raped and unable to do anything..
And it makes me mad no one even bothered to help you or call the police that is just shameful i sure would think something was up when your yelling help..
Maybe they should have set up the video different and had her saying other things ..Either way i still would have stepped in and asked what was going on..peace,sugarcookie1

edit on 5-5-2012 by sugarcookie1 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by adnachiel21
I would never,and I repeat never tolerate such a thing.I'm the kind of person that is never afraid to confront other people,or tolerate injustice.Few days ago a horse was tied in a park and these teenagers were trowing stones at the horse and the poor thing couldn't move away.People just walked by and the assholes kept throwing stones and obviously hurting the horse.Until I walked in and told them I would call the police,and let's just say the nicest thing I said was that they were retarded assholes that their mothers unsuccessfully aborted.
Guess what?They run away like the little pussies they were.Imagine my reaction if that was a child,than again I study law and I beleive that we MUST provide help to fellow humans in need.Not acting and helping is the same as enabling a crime to happen.


adnachiel21
I have to agree with you on the Not acting and helping is the same as enabling a crime to happen.
Good for you on the horses and the kids ..Throwing rocks at helpless horses is sad kids do weird stuff..
Thanks for posting..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanna
Replying as a mother to my own little menace...this is about as honest as I can get!

I honestly don't know what I would have done.
I have a 3 year old. There are times when you would think he had just been hit with the biggest bat I could find. He lets out some blood curdling screams just when we're walking home from the park because he wants to stay and play some more! And I mean, wake the dead kind of screaming!

As a mother I would LIKE to say that I could recognize the difference between 'defiant child not wanting to go home' and 'attempted kidnapping'
On the other hand, when my little darling is in the middle of a tantrum, I HATE IT when strangers will come up and offer him a "ohhh whats wrong dear" and "uh oh, are you mad?" and likewise, I know someone would really hate it if I did that and the case WAS just a defiant child. In the case of 'You are not my daddy' unfortunately that can be taken as, mom's new boyfriend...mom's new husband, now "step-dad", etc...I have seen children do this as well. "don't tell me what to do/where to go because you're not my dad/mom" etc.

I would like to SAY I would know the difference but I cannot. And that makes me think I need to stop, and start viewing the world in a different way.
Good post OP


Vanna
Ive heard kids doing the same thing your child does also but i can usually tell the difference..My cousin has a child that throws a fit yells and screams then throws himself to the ground i find it amazing he can get this worked up over nothing but i don't have kids either and i know my cousin just get embarrassed..
Thank you for posting and being so honest..peace,sugarcookie1
edit on 5-5-2012 by sugarcookie1 because: brain fart


If thats your Chihuahua in your avatar its just darling
edit on 5-5-2012 by sugarcookie1 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 43LEO729

I am old but still have some kick left from my martial arts training.


my daddy taught me a valuable lesson when i was young lad,- "dont pick a fight with an old man, he'll just kill you".



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WJjeeper
 


Thats some good advise:
peace,sugarcookie1





new topics
top topics
 
14
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join