It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would anyone help your child in this situation?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I came across this video today on Utube and it just made me sick..

Its about a anti-abduction group setting up a “fake” child abduction in public. The little gild stood there out in the open, when a man (staged) came up to her, grabbing her arm and yelling at her. To outsiders, it looked as if the girl were a defiant child, disobeying her dad. However, the girl kept screaming “HELP ME! You’re not my dad, YOU’RE NOT MY DAD!” over and over again.

To me this would have set of all kinds of alarms that this child is in allot of danger..

People literally just walked by her…some looked back at the girl and man, but kept going…No one tried to help..I have to wonder what is wrong with people..Could you imagine being one of those people who just walked right by her?

I don't have any children but i sure would feel like s**t if i saw the little girls face plastered all over the 5 o'clock news and i did nothing to help ..We really do need to pay more attention to what is going on around us..

I would have called 911 or called out to others walking passed to join me in questioning what was happening... Are to scared to become involved and perhaps be wrong?

It's a scary world out there and many people tend to think that the only people who kidnap are mainly family members. That's just not true and I think you should do whatever you have to, to get the point across to your kids!
peace.sugarcookie1

Learn and share with your children what to do in these cases. Important video every parent should watch and SHOW their children to learn what to do. This is a NBC5 story coverage showing kids tactics in the face of a child abduction in public.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Personally, I think the key to the whole thing is that we as a society in the U.S. seem to have decided that all children are disobedient little monsters. They probably thought she was just being a defiant little menace.

+1 more 
posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

lol

Love it...not one white person stopped, yet the two that DID do something probably have been racially profiled most of their lives.

Good on 'em...

As to the rest...you suck.

link   
I might have wondered whether she was being defiant, as the poster above said...and the man was maybe a new step father whom she felt she didn't want/need to obey.

Honestly, I don't know what I would have done.

link   
In my neighborhood, I would like to think any of the parents would stop. Every single one of our kids have attended workshops at school instructing them to say that exact same thing word for word.

However, reality is not the same. We had an attempted child abduction in our metro area. The kid was saved because someone stepped in. The police has some big press release on how they thought this was the worst thing to do and that he should have just called 911.

If you have a heart, follow it. I am not sure what the world is heading toward, but at times I am rather scared.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
personally i'd secure information about the scene such as taking photo's/video's with your phone and call the local LEO's unless the person actually did go bat %^^$ crazy then i'd wade in and tear him a new hole but i know that interference can make it harder for people in abuse to escape the nutters as they can buy good lawyers etc

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Personally, I think the key to the whole thing is that we as a society in the U.S. seem to have decided that all children are disobedient little monsters. They probably thought she was just being a defiant little menace.

AnIntellectualRedneck

I probably would have thought that also but when the child is screaming..
“HELP ME! You’re not my dad, YOU’RE NOT MY DAD!” over and over again. I know i would have stepped in to get to the bottom of what was going on..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

lol

Love it...not one white person stopped, yet the two that DID do something probably have been racially profiled most of their lives.

Good on 'em...

As to the rest...you suck.

facelift
I agree but i didn't want to being that up race can be such a touchy subject..thanks for posting,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It takes alot of courage to intervene, and I'm not sure if the observer effect would make it even harder yet, the more people, we don't know ourselves that way.

Once years ago, pregnant with my first or second child, we lived near a popular bar, and in the night we woke up with a "fight" in the alleyway behind our home, it didn't sound like an ordinary argument, she sounded like she was alarmed, in need of help, I can't remember after all these years if she was even yelling help or what words gave the sense of more than a fight. But I tried to get my husband to intervene, check it out even, but he wouldn't so I got up, and grabbed the bat, scared out of my tree, knowing that I couldn't handle a big strong type or any kind of weapons and knowing I couldn't swing the bat, but all I was going to do was ask a simple question before deciding how to act.

"Do you need help? Is everything all right?"

That was it, and by the time I ran out the door, they were walking off body language turned in towards each other, obviously a lovers spat.

But with more people around I don't know.

Also, in my home town area, late at night, across the small lake, there is a property there rich folk from the town, and that area had strange events, even our relatives pet was found on an alter, and I had been told at 18 that I woud be really surprised who belonged to that group, think doctors, lawyers, teachers, ministers. Doctors made me think of human rituals.

In any case, the sounds of a child, not really young, 6-10 maybe, across the lake, not a normal sound like a child having a tempter tantrum or crying because she had been forced to bed, but it didn't sound right anyway, and I'm a mother. But, that is really hard one to call, send police to a house because a child is making a sound you don't like. And a house they probably would not go to, a very wealthy house. I prayed about it, and asked for help for that child and if anything needed to come to light to bring it to light.

And then when I actually was thinking of making the phone call, this was 20 minutes say, it all stopped.

Its really hard to know what to do in a variety of different circumstances.
edit on 3-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid
I might have wondered whether she was being defiant, as the poster above said...and the man was maybe a new step father whom she felt she didn't want/need to obey.

Honestly, I don't know what I would have done.

MzMorbid
I'm so shocked to hear people say that (she was being defiant) Every part of me would be saying step in and see whats going on..
Honestly, I don't know what I would have done?? That statement just blew me away..What if it was your child or a family members
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Anytime someone says the right words, and those are the words I taught my children, HELP, I DONT KNOW YOU, I would intervene, but cautiously.

I would ask, Are You Alright? Do you need help?

CX

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I used to work at a school looking after kids that had, without going into too much detail, a not so good life up till then. These kids were violent at times though and we had a set restraint policy and system we employed for these occasions if needed.

Many times i have been in a public place, holding a kid.....with the kid shouting out all kinds of stuff to get the public to attack me, claims of rape, abduction and the likes....and oddly enough we never had anyone approach us either. Whilst it was handy that we weren't pestered by anyone whilst we were trying to keep the child safe, it was also very worrying that nobody even bothered to at least question why we were holding a kid that was protesting.

I would most definately have done something, i don't care if it's a misunderstanding. I feel the same about those people who have claimed they have seen adults with a girl that looked exactly like the missing girl Madaleine McCann. Why the hell don't they approach the adult and stop them?

If i were to see a kid i was 100% sure was abducted, i would stop the "parent" and create merry hell until the cops came and cleared it up. With missing Maddy the eye disorder is a big giveaway. I don't think any genuine parent would mind you at least enquiring and taking a closer look.

CX.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Cell phone, call 911

Let the police sort it out.

You could also snap a picture of the license number of the car, if there was a car involved.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Not everyone carries a cell phone or a camera.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon
In my neighborhood, I would like to think any of the parents would stop. Every single one of our kids have attended workshops at school instructing them to say that exact same thing word for word.

However, reality is not the same. We had an attempted child abduction in our metro area. The kid was saved because someone stepped in. The police has some big press release on how they thought this was the worst thing to do and that he should have just called 911.

If you have a heart, follow it. I am not sure what the world is heading toward, but at times I am rather scared.

TLomon
I would hope every school would have a workshop on this for every child..
You stated you had a attempted child abduction in our metro area..Thank God someone stepped in probably calling 911 was the smart thing to do but id be afraid by the time the police got there the abductor could be gone and the child already killed..But your right follow your heart..I sometimes wonder myself what this world is coming to..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
personally i'd secure information about the scene such as taking photo's/video's with your phone and call the local LEO's unless the person actually did go bat %^^$ crazy then i'd wade in and tear him a new hole but i know that interference can make it harder for people in abuse to escape the nutters as they can buy good lawyers etc

Maxatoria
The problem with that idea is not everyone has a cell phone,I dont own one all i have is a landline at home..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

On that show "What would you do"...they set up this young white girl (12 maybe 13) to act like she had too much to drink..and all these boys (her age and a bit older and white) were egging her on telling her to drink more and come with them...they kept grabbing her and touching her..this took place on the sidewalk outside a busy store..all day the only people that stopped were these black ladies.. Then they switched the situation and had the young white girl being grabbed by same age black guys..and then more people stopped to help.

Then they took a young black girl and had white guys grabbing her..no one at all stopped.
Then the young black girl had black guys grabbing her and no one stopped.

The whole race thing in this episode was bizarre..but very good insight into what kind of people we have become.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

hate to be sexist but eyebrow pencils etc can be enough to record a number plate onto some white clothing

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
It takes alot of courage to intervene, and I'm not sure if the observer effect would make it even harder yet, the more people, we don't know ourselves that way.

Once years ago, pregnant with my first or second child, we lived near a popular bar, and in the night we woke up with a "fight" in the alleyway behind our home, it didn't sound like an ordinary argument, she sounded like she was alarmed, in need of help, I can't remember after all these years if she was even yelling help or what words gave the sense of more than a fight. But I tried to get my husband to intervene, check it out even, but he wouldn't so I got up, and grabbed the bat, scared out of my tree, knowing that I couldn't handle a big strong type or any kind of weapons and knowing I couldn't swing the bat, but all I was going to do was ask a simple question before deciding how to act.

"Do you need help? Is everything all right?"

That was it, and by the time I ran out the door, they were walking off body language turned in towards each other, obviously a lovers spat.

But with more people around I don't know.

Also, in my home town area, late at night, across the small lake, there is a property there rich folk from the town, and that area had strange events, even our relatives pet was found on an alter, and I had been told at 18 that I woud be really surprised who belonged to that group, think doctors, lawyers, teachers, ministers. Doctors made me think of human rituals.

In any case, the sounds of a child, not really young, 6-10 maybe, across the lake, not a normal sound like a child having a tempter tantrum or crying because she had been forced to bed, but it didn't sound right anyway, and I'm a mother. But, that is really hard one to call, send police to a house because a child is making a sound you don't like. And a house they probably would not go to, a very wealthy house. I prayed about it, and asked for help for that child and if anything needed to come to light to bring it to light.

And then when I actually was thinking of making the phone call, this was 20 minutes say, it all stopped.

Its really hard to know what to do in a variety of different circumstances.
edit on 3-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Unity
What you described would be a hard call i agree..But a kid standing out in public crying for help and people ignoring the whole thing is just shameful in my book..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Some of us do not carry makeup and digging for a pen in the bottom of a big bag, would not be worth the time, but actually asking if the person is alright and needs help is a good idea and then if so, joining in the yelling for help and for someone to call 9/11, and doing what one can, talk the guy down if possible, react if needed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join