It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another "One

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
is anyone bothered by the "fact" that you're just another being?

sure you're unique, but really so is everyone else.

its like you're just another grain of sand in a desert...and that bothers me greatly.

and in a spiritual level perhaps thats not the case, i mean its "you" and theres only one of "you".

but in this life, this reality, you're just another "human", is this how i'm supposed to feel?
or is this what they're trying to make us all feel..to make us feel like we're not important so they can control us?

im confused.
i dont like being another number..
edit on 3-5-2012 by TheGrandWarlock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

No bother as we ALL* come from a perfect CREATOR of US ALL that has plans that cannot be understood by interior universal inhabitants AS OF NOW.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

well see thats the thing, i dont want to be a part of all, i want to be "me"
just me, i dont want to be a finger on a hand, i want to be a whole separate organism...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Why are you trying to be like "me"?!
I find it offensive and wish you would stop.
edit on 3-5-2012 by ThisToiletEarth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock

its like you're just another grain of sand in a desert...and that bothers me greatly.

I find it very comforting to know I am one of many connected to the Universe each with their own story to tell.
We are not grains of sand we are soul beings more numerous than the stars.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

its just that youre so darn handsome, i cant help myself

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

just me, i dont want to be a finger on a hand, i want to be a whole separate organism...

Visualize your a cell or STAR in a body or universe and you still have yourself the oness is just your relation to ALL..

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

ok well, maybe im not ready for that, while the spiritual side of things is very tempting to soothe the mind, i'm still pretty deep in this reality... rarely do i feel like a soul in a body, most of the time i'm just another human and i worry about where my life is headed.

sure my problems may seem petty in the greater picture, but i'm here right now and the path i'm walking on this planet, at this moment, is taking me to a very nasty place, and i want to change it but it seems the harder i try to change course, the more im rushed..i feel like my life has already been written and it doesnt end very well.

people keep telling me just enjoy the moment, dont worry so much, you only live once, go with the flow...but i cant..i want to but i just cant.

im too arrogant to follow someone but im also too scared to lead, so i just close my eyes and lay there.
i've been stuck in my house for 2 years now, and i have no idea what i'm doing or what i'm going to do. i'm stuck.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

and in a spiritual level perhaps thats not the case, i mean its "you" and theres only one of "you".

but in this life, this reality, you're just another "human", is this how i'm supposed to feel?

That that question makes makes me laugh out loud, proves to me that while it's true on one level (just another one), on another it both doesn't even matter and isn't the the least bit of a problem, perhaps even the beauty of it, to be BOTH entirely unique in experience, and one of many who also share an aspect of that same experience, each in their own unique way. It's cool. Beautiful. To be one of, a larger family, and an individual both, at the same time.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

yes but is that where we're headed?
to a world where nothing matters?

a place where everyone "knows" everything and doesnt care..it just doesnt apeal to me...thats one of the reasons i HATE/DESPISE "enlightened" individuals.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Dear, Warlock

Life is but a dream. It can be a nightmare or it can be a great fantasy. Make it what you want it to be. Some of us enjoy's nightmares. Other love fantsy's. What is it that you like? Make your life so. You have the power to do what ever it is you want to do. All it takes is getting off ats and taking the reins of your life.

Rather then sitting around hating on something. Despising it. And feeling depressed that energy could be used to get your goals in motion. get those gears turning to improve your situation. That is what makes life worth living. Knowing that you have the power.

What do you choose to do with it? That is up to you and you only. Whether it was your destiny or not doesn't matter. Knowing that you chose that path should be enough to make you feel better about it. Because in the end it was YOU who turned something around.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

yea they insist to force us to appear as things that cant ever b real, bc once we get to b real we become free so they cant follow all abstractions we do to remain ourselves constant out

it is disgusting how they can put words on their means without shame and with such insolent clarity of their wills

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
In the words of Iron Maiden.

Hell ain't a bad place hell is from here to eternity.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Humanity as a whole is destructive. I don't want any part of it. I avoid the mob and rabble, and feel the best and paradoxically less-alone while by myself in nature. Trust me, we're not humanity, but individuals.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Don't worry. You're as singular and inimitable as anything that's ever existed. The part that's confusing is that you're still in the process of developing into the final and ultimate human being that you'll eventually become, but you can only experience that development as it occurs. And even then, only from a very limited point of perspective. When you're fully developed, you won't be restricted in that way, and hopefully you'll have a better capacity for realizing just how unique you are.

The whole "All is One" idea is an exaggerated interpretation of the philosophical truism that reality, as a whole, includes everything that exists. It ignores the well established impact of holon theory on intrinsic and relative Identity (which is the definition of existence within the relative physical environment). I guess if you load it up with a lot of purple prose, that "All-ness" philosophy can come across as being pretty significant, but it really misses the boat on what drives all levels of existence in the first place - the establishment and preservation of distinct and inimitable Identity. Identity is how Survival is determined, and Survival is the lone existential imperative.

If a philosophy ignores such primordial staples, then it's just an intellectual musing.
edit on 5/3/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I get what you say.

I get the same feeling sometimes when I contemplate all of the uniqueness in people. Everyone is special and different, but there're also a lot of primary characteristics which are similar. Looked at from one angle, we're special and every death is a cry in the dark to be echoed by the living. Looked at from another, we share so much in common that our differences seem so trivial. Our differences are kind of like the differences in the pits and cracks in mirrors. Each mirror will have a different surface under the microscope because of the nature of things. But look at from a broader perspective, all of the mirrors look identical. I think humans are very much similar. Looked at closely, we're each different. But from a distance, we all come together to form the human archetype.

Sort of like how people have different faces, but you can tell if a face is human.

The best way I can describe my feelings comes from Bladerunner. If you don't know the scene then you need to catch up bro. Haha. All of our memories will be gone when we die, like tear drops in the rain. No matter how special we're, this universe will wipe us clean just like it breaks up dirt.

Which is why I think evolution may someday remove emotions. Why? I actually to thinking this the other day while pondering the meaning of life (I do that a lot, maybe too much). I began to think that the despair I feel when I consider death and the nature of battling to survive in this universe is in fact harmful. The reason I feel the despair is because I have emotions. And I wondered if emotions are an experiment. Maybe they're a sign of primitiveness and not superiority. Perhaps we will abandon emotions to raise above the despair and along with this change will come a whole host of other benefits that were waiting there for us for eternity. You see, when we're born into this life, we struggle to survive. This universe is like gauntlet. Emotions just aren't compatible with the spilling of blood and the cries of the starving and the pleas of the sick and dying. Yet, these are precisely the conditions this universe creates and always will create (as far as we know). Change is a constant!

I would not bring a child into this world. But I still am here because I want to understand what this universe is and I want to spread the things I've learned and the things I will learn in the future. I want to reduce pain and suffering. I want to work against those forces which breed confusion and chaos and war. When I say war, I don't mean traditional definitions. I mean, struggle. I mean, fighting to feed yourself and those you love and barely getting ahead of the grim reaper and never long enough to get a glimpse of what lays beyond him. This universe is filled with struggle. Ups and downs and famines and plenty. The joys of opportunity and the pains of misfortune.

It may be impossible for this universe to experience peace and calm, but that's ok with me for now. I will do what I can to figure it out, even if my attempts are feeble and drunk.

Don't become emotionally attached to things because the universe will inevitably change them. It changes everything. You have to be willing to let go. The universe doesn't care about you. If it does then where's the evidence? All I see around me is a sea of chaos - good and bad. I see violence and confusion and hatred and love and disaster and success and death. It's roughly evenly spread. If the universe cared then I would expect to see it lean towards non-violent outcomes - heavily! Sure, our lifespan is increasing on average and technology is spreading across the world, but death and murder and all of the various curses placed on life still exist. We're no different than bugs or other animals, we just live a bit longer in fancier clothes. Our words are dressier and our minds sharper. But beyond these superficial things, we still share the same types of patterns with other life-forms.

People say we're special and the only special thing I see is our social brain and our long-term memory and our societies which serve as a storehouse for our knowledge. But we're still animals!

Say what you want, but our greatest accomplishments don't change the game called life! This game is about struggling to survive whether you're a bug, a beaver, a fish, a bird, or a human!
edit on 2-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join