It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay attention! This is Germany's moment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

This weekend could be a major milestone in the prophesied emergence of the final resurrection of the German-led Holy Roman Empire.

It appears the current phase of Europe’s debt crisis is entering its last hour. We’ll know soon, but it’s possible the weekend of May 5, 2012, will be remembered as a transformative moment in the history of Europe.

Once again, the nation at the center of it all is Germany.

On Sunday, a noteworthy chain of events will culminate in France’s run-off presidential election. While many of the events in this chain appear unrelated, with each unfurling in its own distinct way in a city or within a government in a different country, they’re threaded through with a common theme: frustration with Germany, and specifically, Berlin’s unrelenting demand for Sparmaßnahmen (austerity).

On Tuesday, millions of Europeans hit the streets in May Day protests that centered on their governments’ efforts to follow Germany’s demand and impose austerity on Europe’s ailing economies. Spain, a nation dancing with default, had the largest turnout, with large demonstrations in 80 cities. Tens of thousands more hit the streets of Portugal. In France, over 300,000 demonstrated in 290 different rallies, more than four times the number that turned out last year.

www.thetrumpet.com...

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Thu May 3 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The one thing that I will say is that Germany may have the economic powerhouse and be in the best fiscal shape...but that's only because the other countries in the region buy their stuff like the U.S. buys from the Chinese. And the German government seems to think that they can drive the other countries to their knees without suffering.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
The one thing that I will say is that Germany may have the economic powerhouse and be in the best fiscal shape...but that's only because the other countries in the region buy their stuff like the U.S. buys from the Chinese. And the German government seems to think that they can drive the other countries to their knees without suffering.

History is repeating itself. Watch and see, soon Germany will become militarized again and the world will suffer for it...again.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Willease

You really should supply sources......?

www.thetrumpet.com...

Hmmm?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Wow... way to give credit to the real writer of this thread

and yes, my reply is a direct reflective of the effort you put into this thread

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

www.thetrumpet.com...

Hmmm?

I thought I did, thanks.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Wow... way to give credit to the real writer of this thread

and yes, my reply is a direct reflective of the effort you put into this thread

Am I missing something? What reply are you referring to?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Germany ,few days ago :

German probe opened after Salafist clashes: police

German authorities said Wednesday they had opened a probe against 81 people after violent clashes between ultra-conservative Muslims and police outside a rally by a far-right party.

A police spokesman said 44 members of the Islamic Salafist community and another 37 people who had gathered outside a mosque in the western town of Solingen for a counter-demonstration were questioned and released.

www.expatica.com...
edit on Thu May 3 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

www.thetrumpet.com...

Hmmm?

Here is a link to The Trumpet's booklet recommended at the end of the article...
www.thetrumpet.com...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Dr. Rath's Call to the people of Germany and Europe, Berlin 13-3-2012
www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-5-2012 by Willease because: video won't load

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
There is an old saying: Nothing is official until it has been officially denied.

“Nobody has asked Spain, either officially or unofficially, to turn to Europe’s bailout mechanisms. We don’t need it,” Spanish Finance Minister Luis de Guindos said on Friday.

So Spain is probably about to need a bailout.

That’s a big problem, because Spain might be too big to bail out.

More worryingly, if Spain fails, then the investors are sure to turn on Italy next. Italy is the third-largest economy in Europe and is definitely too big to bail out—even for Germany.

Bold action is required if the United States of Europe is going to be saved.

Last week, Spanish borrowing rates surged above 6 percent, a level that triggered bailouts for other European countries. Rating agency Standard & Poor’s downgraded Spanish debt by two full notches. Unemployment has hit 24.4 percent. Youth unemployment is up to 50 percent. Rioting is becoming common. Property prices are dropping at a debilitating 7.2 percent annual rate (in contrast, in America, house prices are falling at a 3 percent rate). And Madrid is expected to announce that even its heavily massaged economic data indicate the country is back in recession again.
www.thisislondon.co.uk...

Spain is caught in a deadly debt spiral. Cutbacks are reducing the size of Spain’s gross domestic product faster than its debt. So even as Spain works to reduce debt loads, to investors it is becoming a greater credit risk. Spain is locked into the eurozone, so it cannot print money to pay its debts. But with the economy shrinking, it is becoming more difficult for it to pay its creditors. It is unclear if the big European banks that have lent to Spain would survive the loss of a Spanish default.

Without a bailout, a Spanish debt bomb may be about to explode the eurozone.

Germany’s ad hoc approach to the crisis isn’t working. It has tried to ring-fence the crisis with promises of individual bailouts on an “as needed” basis. Ireland failed. Germany bailed it out. The crisis spread. Germany wrung more concession from the eurozone. Portugal failed. Germany bailed it out. The crisis spread. Germany squeezed more concessions from Europe. Greece failed. Germany bailed it out. Germany forced through more “reforms.” And the crisis …?

With Spain now in trouble, it is clear the contagion cannot be ring-fenced—especially in light of perceived growing German bailout fatigue.

But without visible and strong German commitment to Europe, the economic meltdown cannot be stopped.

Consider the European Financial Stability Facility (the much-vaunted bailout fund). Nations have promised €780 billion to be used as needed. Of that amount, €54 billion was promised by Ireland, Portugal and Greece. But these nations are getting bailed out, so clearly they won’t be able to follow through with their commitment. Spain has promised to contribute €92.5 billion. But Spain can’t come up with enough money to help itself, let alone help anyone else. Italy’s share of bailout funds is supposed to be €139 billion, but it is in no better shape than Spain.

But here is where it gets scary for Europe. Austria, Cyprus, Malta, the Netherlands, Slovakia and Slovenia are not in positions to help with bailouts either—and may need bailouts themselves. Even France’s credit rating has been cut.

In other words, while the Europeans may talk a good talk, only Germany can walk the walk. Any European bailout is in effect a unilateral German operation.

So Germany had better be prepared to walk. But toward which destination?

Does Germany continue to try to “ring-fence” individual economies as they collapse—meanwhile taking full advantage of the situation to extort political and economic reforms in exchange for bailout money?

Or does Germany step the bailouts up to the next level?

The number-crunchers in Berlin are doing the math. A complete eurozone meltdown would destroy Germany’s economy just as surely as it would Greece’s. Who would buy German exports? And since Germany is already virtually bankrolling all the bailouts to keep Europe from collapsing, why not run the bailout for all it is worth?

France’s possible next president Francois Hollande is practically begging Germany to agree to a pan-European debt union. Hollande wants a federalized debt union in which eurobonds would be backed by all nations. It would be a huge step toward a true federalized and centralized European government.
money.msn.com...

And now, more than ever, Germany might be “convinced” to ride to the rescue.

It would be a dramatic move that could alienate German voters—but the potential payoff would be exponentially more massive—if it solved the financial crisis. And who knows what else Germany could get in return for agreeing to become the paymaster of Europe.

Spain appears to be rapidly heading toward a crisis. Can Germany bankroll Spain on its own? Or will this be Germany’s opportunity for the biggest coup of all time? Will Germany agree to a real United States of Europe? If it does, you can be sure it will ensconce itself as the paymaster—and de facto dictator—of Europe. And it will do so without firing a shot.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If Germany does not assist, then who will?

Theuy will be forced to assist or go down with the rest. You are right in suggesting they will become the paymasters.

This could be the checkmate move.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

As you use the same source again, www.thetrumpet.com... , I got a little curious and had a look at The Trumpet www.thetrumpet.co.uk... and I discovered that it is a news magazine produced by The Philadelphia Church Of God. (PCG)

www.pcog.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

The PCG was founded by Gerald Flurry en.wikipedia.org... who was in turn a follower of Herbert W Armstrong en.wikipedia.org... and his Worldwide Church Of God en.wikipedia.org...

Both of these teach 'new revelation' and

that God is a family of divine beings currently composed of the Father and the Son into which humans may be born into.

The church observes sunset Friday to sunset Saturday as the Sabbath day of worship.

PCG members observe dietary laws as laid out in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14.

Teaches that British and Americans are descended from the lost ten tribes of Israel (British Israelism).

In addition;

PCG also has strong apocalyptic teachings inherited from WCG. It teaches that a Great Tribulation will soon occur in which a united European power will emerge, composed of ten nations or groups of nations, which will conquer the modern descendants of Israel (the USA, Britain and Israel) and take them into slavery. An alliance of eastern powers (including Russia and China) will gather up its forces and wage war upon the European power. Then Jesus Christ will return and liberate the Israelites and usher in a thousand years of worldwide peace, which is called the 'world tomorrow'.

So it seems that PCG view current events as a sign the 'Great Tribulation' is imminent and Germany's apparent move to control and dominate Europe has been prophesised and will lead to a major confrontation with Russia and China.

All seems a bit Apocalyptic and Rapture like to me and as well written as the articles are they have no place in a political forum and with all due respect belong in the religious mumbo jumbo section.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Okay, now wait a minute, please!

Those austerities are not based on Germany alone, in fact most Germans can't understand why Greece, Portugal, Ireland and last-but-not-least Spain are bringing their economy down by following theses austerities to the point!

We do not want to be the single strong man in the ring, we would very much like the rest of Europe to provide financial aids, too.

We do not want to upgrade our army - that was a topic yesterday in britains newspapers, they wanted us to upgrade. In fact (and I know that first hand) the Bundeswehr is definitive scaled down, thanks to decisions like canceling army duty. Many, many garrisons are getting closed over the next 5 or 6 years. The big purchases right now are the A400M (a military cargo plane based on the Airbus A400, very much behind schedule btw) and the Eurohawk (a non-weaponizable drone based on the Global Hawk).

Sorry, we are not building any battleships. Or are upgrading our Leopard II.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
Okay, now wait a minute, please!

Those austerities are not based on Germany alone, in fact most Germans can't understand why Greece, Portugal, Ireland and last-but-not-least Spain are bringing their economy down by following theses austerities to the point!

We do not want to be the single strong man in the ring, we would very much like the rest of Europe to provide financial aids, too.

We do not want to upgrade our army - that was a topic yesterday in britains newspapers, they wanted us to upgrade. In fact (and I know that first hand) the Bundeswehr is definitive scaled down, thanks to decisions like canceling army duty. Many, many garrisons are getting closed over the next 5 or 6 years. The big purchases right now are the A400M (a military cargo plane based on the Airbus A400, very much behind schedule btw) and the Eurohawk (a non-weaponizable drone based on the Global Hawk).

Sorry, we are not building any battleships. Or are upgrading our Leopard II.

I can confirm my german neighbour's words. ;-) The Dutch are in the same situation and there is a chance the JSF will be cancelled altogether now that the Dutch government needs re elections..

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I thought about putting this under the prophecy heading, but most of the links and articles are not from the Trumpet. In fact only two of them are. Plus I didn't want this to sound preachy. The church, for years has maintained this position long before German reunification.
Here's an article that is not sourced from The Trumpet or TPCG...

EU PLOT TO SCRAP BRITAIN

SENIOR Eurocrats are secretly plotting to create a super-powerful EU president to realise their dream of abolishing ­Britain, we can reveal.

A covert group of EU foreign ministers has drawn up plans for merging the jobs currently done by Herman Van Rompuy, president of the European Council, and Jose Manuel Barroso, president of the European Commission.

The new bureaucrat, who would not be directly elected by voters, is set to get sweeping control over the entire EU and force member countries into ever-greater political and economic union.
Tellingly, the UK has been excluded from the confidential discussions within the shady “Berlin Group” of Europhile politicians, spearheaded by German foreign minister Guido Westerwelle.

Opponents fear the plan could create a modern-day equivalent of the European emperor envisaged by Napoleon Bonaparte or a return to the Holy Roman Empire of Charlemagne that dominated Europe in the Dark Ages.

The rest of the article can be found here...
www.express.co.uk...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

oh, you are from england....I'm curious, do you think politics and religion are not in the same boat?
now this trumpet bunch, in order to grasp their thinking, one would have to know the scriptural details.....

yes, their off a little....
edit on 4-5-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

That's why the vast majority of Brits are vehemently opposed to the EU and wish a referendum on it.

Unfortunately all the major UK political parties are intent on ignoring the wish of the people and are denying us this right.

However, we will not stand idly by and watch our sovereignty being treasonously transferred to a foreign power and will resist any attempts to further strengthen our links to the EU.

If need be then Britain will again stand alone against continental Europe and the dictates of the EU.

Two extensive posts of your's have been directly taken from an organisation that is seeking to fit current events into a religious prophesy that allegedly heralds some sort of Tribulation or possibly even end times etc.

I'm not quite sure of your own personal stance on this.
Are you merely commenting purely on the possible German dominance of a European super-state and the subsequent implications to global politics etc or are you trying to highlight this as proof of the imminent fullfilment of this prophecy?

If it's the latter then this surely belongs in the religious mumbo jumbo section, if the former then you chose a well written but rather obscure and agenda driven source when you could have used countless other more politically orientated sources to help present this information.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

oh, you are from england....

And how exactly is my nationality relevant?

I'm curious, do you think politics and religion are not in the same boat?

Of course there's an overlap, but in my experience, and humble opinion, neither should impose upon the other too much.

The similarities between the two are many and quite striking, not least in their adherence to dogmatic creed.

now this trumpet bunch, in order to grasp their thinking, one would have to know the scriptural details.....

Whilst I'm certainly no expert on them I have done some basic reading of their beliefs and origins etc.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

My step dad is from Liverpool so I've had this conversation before. I can assure you, Britain will soon no longer be a member of the European Union. Either by the will of the people or against their will, the end result will be the same. As my post above shows, it wasn't the Trumpet (PCG) that called what is going on in the EU "The Holy Roman Empire" although through them was the first time I had heard that expression.

I was stationed in Germany so I know first hand that their military capabilities are shocking. Did you know about the fact that one of their biggest exports happen to be military arsenals...tanks, subs, planes...
and get this, their number one purchaser are fellow Europeans. Now Germany's choke hold on the rest of Europe historically speaking, makes me cringe...history repeating itself.

I am also a big fan of PCG because they make their point of view and then provide the links to the articles as well as the scripture towards which I can reference the details. I have a stack of books and booklets and magazines that the church sent me over the years, yet not one time did they ask me for a cent. How do they manage to produce a great magazine monthly that has millions of subscribers, radio and TV programs, and a pretty damn interesting website without soliciting money?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join