It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Obama Won't Be Elected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You anti Obama bots can be thankful for Microsoft's efforts to prevent Obama from being re-elected. You want to know why?

Halo 4 will be released November 4th.

That means that Obama will lose a sizable portion of his voting base because they will be too busy playing Halo rather than voting.

So my hat's off to Microsoft for this new tactic of distracting the obama bots who will blindly vote for him!

Edit:

This is not meant as a joke. There are plenty of people out there who believe this. Here's but one example:

www.gamepolitics.com...

When Microsoft decided to pick November 6, 2012 as the release date for Halo 4, did they take into account that the date is actually pretty damned important to the future direction of the country for the next four years? Probably not - in fact the thought probably never crossed their minds - but by choosing that date have they given gamers in the 18 - 34 age group an excuse to be more apathetic about voting than usual?

The latest episode of The Escapist's The Big Picture with Movie Bob - to your left - explores the possibilities and makes some interesting points about how huge entertainment releases such as Halo 4 can have unintended consequences on other things going on in the world.

Some might argue that young voters will likely skip their civic duties in November anyway and that they are a demographic that most politicians would politely say are "unreliable." I want to believe that in the age of CISPA, NDAA, SOPA, PIPA, ACTA, and other legislation that the youth vote will decide that is more important to stand in a line to vote than it is to stand in a line to be the first to get Halo 4 - or at the very least stand in both lines.
We'll see.

So I would appreciate it if the mods would move this back to the General Conspiracies section. Thank you.
edit on 3-5-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
You anti Obama bots can be thankful for Microsoft's efforts to prevent Obama from being re-elected. You want to know why?

Halo 4 will be released November 4th.

That means that Obama will lose a sizable portion of his voting base because they will be too busy playing Halo rather than voting.

So my hat's off to Microsoft for this new tactic of distracting the obama bots who will blindly vote for him!

That is just a perfect description of Americans "you do it to yourself and that's why it really hurts" how many blind folds does it take to steal a nation from it's people?
edit on 3-5-2012 by YourDreamsCanceled because: (no reason given)

join