It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Major Human Advancement. HUGE.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Very nice post. Lately I have been interested in how the next stage of human development will present itself & this idea of an idealistic paradise is seeding itself deep in the sub-concious of our collective species. I hope it happens in our life time. stars and flags!

edit on 4-5-2012 by CharliePetersham because: Spelling. Tori

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
To have compassion and to put yourself in the shoes of a fly (for instance), who incidentally, most likely never wore shoes. You would first have to know what it would be like to BE a fly. Otherwise, you are just inventing the compassion regarding a being that may have no compassion, who hates the taste of poop but only eats it because it's one of the few things that it can assimilate, and who may be evil to the rotten core....but just doesn't have any teeth to bite anyone and no hands to kill with. So before showing compassion, you must first know what the other parties nature and intentions are. They might not be as compassionate as you envision yourself. I have heard of people sacrificing greatly for those same people who end up murdering them for the favor....where is their part in this advancement. BTW, GOD is far more than just an observer....He is the Creator and GOD of all that is good and even the GOD of atheists, agnostics and Satan Worshipers whether they admit it or not. YHWH is the GOD of all that is, was and ever will be......yes, he is the GOD of Bret Hart too. The next stage of human development is clearly written in the Bible and is unfolding just as the prophecies say they will . The next stage of human enlightenment will be when Jesus comes back to do spring cleaning and to do away with all of the evil of the world and then sit on the throne for 1000 years keeping us in check. When it's all said and dome we will all be more enlightened, in that, we will know....when Jesus says do something....you do it. Don't make him have to get up from his throne. Every man hates it when women decide to spring clean because it is one of the most unpleasant experiences and the women make sure that the man's experience is more unpleasant than their own by nagging and complaining the whole day long. It will be no difference when Jesus spring cleans the earth and cleans all the evil. Only he will not be nagging the whole time so it might not be quite as bad as when women spring clean....but will be unpleasant nonetheless. This statement was not meant to disparage ALL women, I just used the example of the ones who nag to make a point here,.......we all know that most women don't nag so it is not directed to any one type of woman. You guys believe me when I say that right? ...Most women don't nag? Alright then.

edit on 4-5-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I think empathy is what we mean here. I think empathy taught as a life skill at a very early age would produce a much more civilized population. As opposed to telling someone that being a bully is wrong, teach the person empathy in relation to being a bully or being the victim of a bully.

I think there is real value in ideas of your OP. I think if more people thought like this, people in positions of power that can make a difference, the world would be a much better place.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
To all that disagreed with my first post... Understanding the concept and using the concept is two different things. I understand compassion as we probably all have at some point. I'm simply saying this is in no way a genius idea nor close to the theory of relativity. I know lots of ideas and theories, but just because I don't practice them doesn't mean don't understand them. Furthermore, attacking me shows you don't "understand" compassion based on your argument of me not understanding. Once again, not genius idea, people choose to not have compassion in certain circumstances, and it will always be like that. I'm sure somewhere in Hilter's life he understood and had compassion for something, but that didn't mean he was going to like Jews all of the sudden. Ex. I understand that some Mexicans have it hard and come to my area of America for work. I still show no compassion for their failures of paying taxes, speaking English, and lack of having health care. The point is that no matter what, humans have a choice, and there's always a group that will ruin it. By saying that we will all have compassion and all our problems are solved is saying no one will ever sin or make a mistake ever again. Forgiving mistakes shows compassion, but making mistakes won't show it. Thus this theory, to me, is busted. Sorry. (there's my compassion at the end)
edit on 4-5-2012 by Poopooplatter because: Grammatical

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by omarm1984
Hundreds of posts approving of the OP's message. But how many of you are actually going to practice this? One big reason why I stopped telling about spirituality and its concepts is that, even thought they aprove of what I tell 100%, they forget everything I said after 30 seconds.

The best way to spread a message is by practicing it.

/raisehand

I have been empathic my whole life. Maybe I was born this way?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Interesting this was posted today but not surprising. I was speaking with a friend and we converse on many topics fitting of ATS daily. He said to me yesterday,"For how bright you are, you seem to be missing one key element, the ability to see from someone elses perspective. If you can get into the habit of seeing from the other perspective your thoughts will become complete. As it stands now, you are only obsorbing at best 60% of the truth."

Your post is inspiration and true. Nice post OP!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Living from the Heart

Appreciation
Compassion
Forgiveness
Humility
Understanding
Valor

LOVE

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I peruse these forums from time to time.

I saw this thread and that was it - time to enroll !

An awesome post smithjustinb, the OP !

Just confirm you might be on to something here is a link to the definition of compassion.

The English noun compassion, meaning to suffer together with, comes from the Latin. Its prefix com- comes directly from com, an archaic version of the Latin preposition and affix cum (= with); the -passion segment is derived from passus, past participle of the deponent verb patior, patī, passus sum. Compassion is thus related in origin, form and meaning to the English noun patient (= one who suffers), from patiens, present participle of the same patior, and is akin to the Greek verb πάσχειν (= paskhein, to suffer) and to its cognate noun πάθος (= pathos).[2][3] Ranked a great virtue in numerous philosophies, compassion is considered in almost all the major religious traditions as among the greatest of virtues.

Compassion Definition on Wikipaedia
Compassion appears to be the most powerful force in nature.
If DNA was is not compassionate - would we even exist ?

Some believe DNA is minded and concious and way more intelligent than we are...

DNA is minded and conscious. It is the living language substance of life, and it lives inside all the cells of all life forms on Earth. As your eyes scan these words, there are two meters of DNA in every single cell in your eyeballs, winding and unwinding like a snake.

How...could biology presuppose that DNA is not conscious, if it does not even understand the human brain, which is the seat of our own consciousness and which is built according to the instructions in our DNA? How could nature not be conscious if our own consciousness is produced by nature?

DNA is minded and concious ?

All credit to you

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Poopooplatter

I know lots of ideas and theories, but just because I don't practice them doesn't mean don't understand them. Furthermore, attacking me shows you don't "understand" compassion based on your argument of me not understanding.

This is a bit of a contradictory statement isn't it?
In the previous sentence you say.....because YOU don't practice a certain thing, doesn't mean that you don't understand it. Then on the very next line you condemn those who question your thought patterns by saying that they attack you because they don't understand.

I would have to say that likewise, simply because others don't agree with you and they "debate" (or attack) or rather "practice" individuality.....doesn't mean that THEY don't understand it either. Maybe they just simply don't agree with you.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake1234
Living from the Heart

Appreciation
Compassion
Forgiveness
Humility
Understanding
Valor

LOVE

This gave me flashbacks of playing the Ultima series. Everyone should have to play those games to graduate highschool.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The Next Major Human Advancment will be the take over of the New World Order shortly after WW3.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kman420
The Next Major Human Advancment will be the take over of the New World Order shortly after WW3.

Yes! With the help of our penguin friends!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dananni

Originally posted by omarm1984
Hundreds of posts approving of the OP's message. But how many of you are actually going to practice this? One big reason why I stopped telling about spirituality and its concepts is that, even thought they aprove of what I tell 100%, they forget everything I said after 30 seconds.

The best way to spread a message is by practicing it.

/raisehand

I have been empathic my whole life. Maybe I was born this way?

Yes, I was also born with high sensitivity for others. I'm starting to think that compassion is something you either have or don't, its not something that can be tought. Or maybe it can adopted but only if one is forced to do so by some type of life situation or person.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dananni

Nice post OP! :-)

I want to share a story that I wrote that may be relevant, but I want your permission to post it in your thread first.

May I?

I am not going to post the story in this thread. I made a new thread now that I have 20 posts. Yay!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
lol kinda hard to do when everybody around you is just begging for you to treat them otherwise.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
But what scares me is the indiscriminate tossing around of their greatness to others—others I would describe as unworthy of this compassion. It seems randomly given to everyone and anyone like a hand-out, even so far as to forget about giving it to themselves, the deserved ones.

Indiscriminate compassion is scary. But that's the only way compassion can be a balanced act. Picking and choosing who you want to be compassionate towards will not serve you. You will not gain the proper understanding. Its easy to be compassionate towards those you are comfortable with, and those people are easy for you to understand because in all likelihood, you can probably already relate to them. But being compassionate towards ones you aren't comfortable with, ones you don't understand, and ones you have not been able to relate to, those are the ones that have much to teach you.

Compassion must be unconditional to be effective and practical.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zippidee
Well, the "one great observer" (almighty God), gave us dominion over the creatures of the earth which is exactly why, at this stage of human development, we are not eating poop and dodging swatters.
I agree with your post on the humanity side of things but I'm still gonna step on spiders and swat masquitos.

I mean I don't blame you. I probably would to, but I can't see myself throwing rocks at an ant hill just because it looks like something fun to do. I think killing is perfectly acceptable as long as you're either killing for food or protection.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by jonnywhite

Yes sir. I know there is compassion, and obviously one is compassionate in certain situations. It's something very natural and primal seeing someone suffering, only a monster couldn't be compassionate when the consequences are dire; but when people go out of their way to be compassionate, even in times when it isn't necessary, their intentions and motives should be questioned and undermined.

Compassion can be done silently. It doesn't require any physical action, necessarily. For me, its just something fun to do. A common misconception of compassion is that it has to only be towards someone who is sufferring, but this isn't entirely true. You can have compassion for anybody in any situation. Compassion towards someone sufferring is helpful to the person sufferring because you are trying to understand why they are sufferring. It is useful so that you can both work on the problem together. 2 heads are always better than one. Compassion towards someone not sufferring is joyful. You get to share their happiness with them.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Excellent post OP.
Brilliant contextual clarity with a wonderful message.
Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join