It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Major Human Advancement. HUGE.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zippidee
Well, the "one great observer" (almighty God), gave us dominion over the creatures of the earth

Fellow ATS members, take notice. This is the result of posting in a thread without even reading it first.

Raising our consciousness involves being aware of the fact that living beings are living beings and should be treated as such. One thing we would be better off without is our arrogance as a species. The whole concept of 'dominion' negates the progress of our spiritual and conscious evolution. The notion that we should have dominion over anything is primitive, and so is the 2,000 year old book where you obtained this information. No personal offense intended.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Image the impact that compassion and empathy would have on greed... and that my friends is salvation in itself! Greed could be erraticated except for in situations of mentally challenged. Greed is like an illness. It continues to grow and get worse. The 1% are a bunch of really sick people who need our help, not our ridicule.

Save a rich guy! Let them know the burden of material things prevents them from having true freedom.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I love this... But from what I've seen, some have it, and some don't. It cant be taught... Maybe it can. It would take a traumatic experience...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Stars, Flags, and infinite thanks my friend! A beautiful way to share such a beautiful message; i could not have said it better had i All of time to ponder it.

i will leave you with the words of 'another' that i think you will appreciate:

Cultivate Compassion... See yourself within all "others" and treat "others" as you would like to be treated yourself. Then remember this one crucial thing:

There are no "others"

Cheers and so very much Love my friend!

edit to add: This coming from someone who can't bring themselves to kill the wasp nest under his front stoop; they are just doing their waspy little things trying to have waspy little babies. Who am i to render judgement or condemnation of their way of life?

i think we have come to an understanding though. i mean them no harm and them none to me.
edit on 5/4/12 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Seriously guys, there's about a hundred online dictionaries and they all are pretty clear that you don't need to empathise with someone to have sympaty for them.

In fact, to make this clear they make two separate words:

Compassion - to feel sympathy for someone
Empathy - to feel what someone else feels

I can feel sympathy for someone thats lost their home to a tornado without feeling what they feel.

Compassion is not empathy.

LOL at all of you that think you can just kinda "new age" new definitions onto words.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
I love this... But from what I've seen, some have it, and some don't. It cant be taught... Maybe it can. It would take a traumatic experience...

That's true. It can't be taught. It has to be learned through one's own life experiences.

It is possible for a person to receive a nudge in the right direction from others, though.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Try not to get too caught up in semantics; we All know the true nature of that which we are discussing.

Cheers my friend!
edit on 5/4/12 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I have to applaud this thread OP! Especially if you draw your insight from observation and personal experience. There are so many layers to this subject and it is indeed a new science, one that will change the definition of humanity. It's called Behavioral Intelligence.

What you have been observing is the Tone of Equality encoded in all life. Compassion is but one tool to be used. There are others as well, to be used independently or in conjunction. Understanding would be another. One cannot have true compassion for all life if one cannot understand the concept of Oneness and Equality. From these two results Appreciation for all life expressions. Forgiveness, Humility and Valor come into play as well. They are called Heart Virtues. If you look at LOVE as a white light going through a prism then the Heart Virtues (and various combinations of them) are what forms the resulting spectrum.

Not so long ago this was indeed regarded ans new age crap although these concepts are not new at all, in fact they go waay back to the most ancient teachings. Now science is starting to pick up on this new Intelligence. The Institute of HeartMath has been on the forefront of this science for several years now.

ETA: Oh and YES, this can be learned. The concepts are pretty easy to grasp. Information is freely available. The only thing required is patience and practice. Actually PRACTICE is the key here.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Fraam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will be at peace", Jimi Hendrix. I'm not sure what it will take to bring about the epiphany necessary for the human race to have compassion. I just hope it comes soon. Good post. Can't be a message more powerful than our need for compassion.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

You confuse technology/knowledge with wisdom. There is no connection even if you can write on a chalkboard an equation to show a connection.

I don't agree with your pathway to compassion but I also believe the goal is possible and even realistic. That goal in reached via deep meditation.

But of course, most people don't want to hear that mumble-jumbo so they tune it out. But the day is approaching when electronically induced compassion and pure Zen-type enlightenment itself will be possible. --Actually, it is possible today. It will be the "drug" of the future and we could hope may be addictive.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

It will be the "drug" of the future and we could hope may be addictive.

It is horribly; y'all are a big part of my fix.

Cheers!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

i try to live my life this way anyway to be honest, always have.

(unfortunately someone who's never tried, will probably deem this post OT and remove it in 30 seconds!)
edit on 4-5-2012 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I agree that compassion is very important and it solves most of human race´s problems.
You can only see a situation fairly if you have the compassion to understand and feel the other person, know his motivations, his feelings, his thoughts.
A good psychologist must have compassion.
Compassion is very important indeed but there are a lot of values to learn, and each one of us has its own learning to do, compassion is one of them.
A lot of people have compassion but they are not good in other human values like courage for example, or non-attachment.
Compassion will not solve all the problems, compassion is not the only lesson to learn, but yeah, it is a very important one.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Great post and wonderful thread.

The Dalai Lama would totally agree with you.

I work with animals and it's very easy for me to see the Creator in them. It's not so easy to see the Creator in some of my fellow men though.... but when we get to that point, compassion naturally follows.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

The trick is that, if you can't communicate, you can't share...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I`m about sick of all these "Love" threads, you people need to understand the world is not a very safe place, nor a very nice place it simply is. This hippie talk does nothing but give certain readers a false since of "feel good" for the moment and nothing more. Thats why you get so many one line replies like" oh what a beautiful post" give me a break, its a group of words arranged in ways to give the impression the world is full of sugar coated anuses. You peple stop sniffing lemon pledge and get up and actually do something to improve the world rather than spread dribble like this.

I plant trees for a living, so your welcome

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I watched a documentary that's called "Why reading Matters".

In it, they state that the human brain is hardwired for EMPATHY. Other skills such as reading are learned skills but do not have a specific part of the brain that is located for that task. Every person's reading centers are different.

Reading is important, especially fiction, because we Empathize with the characters. We put ourselves in their shoes.

Empathizing is what our brain does best.
I suppose that's why children who don't really read much anymore are such Zombies these days....

For instance, when you watch someone dancing, your brain fires off as though you, yourself are performing the actual task of dancing.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Tripple_Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

It just took me 3 minutes to read, maybe they read as fast as me? Plus you explained your point very clearly.

We both came to the understanding of the one after being judgmental..

Isn't it nice? People always wonder why animals like me so much, and how do you talk to them??
I imagine their life and their views and then decide what it is they are doing to communicate with me and I react back.
my cat just asked for food. He doesn't ask by meowing. He has many different ways of saying it, but hes always nice about it. Just now he paused looked at me, and made a certain cat eye look that means something like this:
"Please feed me, like sometime, in the next hour."

I just told my cat that I would feed him in just a bit, but do you think I used words? He understands some words, maybe on par with a dog, but we KNOW each other and don't need words. I don't even use hand gestures either. I only really have to use my eyes. If you look into an animals eyes, you can see their mood.

Ive imagined being plants before, and I'll never again be absent minded, and pick off leaves of a bush I'm passing.

Compassion is weird though.
It makes it really hard to justify anything in your favor, when you can just as easily justify the other 10 sides just the same. I find myself lacking strong opinions because I lack some ability to judge all the way now.

~Dusty
edit on 5/3/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

This. My little Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix and myself can communicate entire days in just a few looks and actions. He wakes me up every morning with a simple lick on the cheek, and based on how he looks at me, I know he either needs to go outside, or he's ready to eat breakfast. The other usually follows the first, then it's either school or workout time. My schedule changes constantly due to the nature of my college classes (The days/times are never set in stone), so there's no way he can just be in a habit. Just by looking at him, I can convey whether or not we are working out that day. If it is such a day, he immediately goes and gets his leash from the chain on the wall, without me saying or doing anything. He has never once done this on a day I had class.

reply to post by dontreally

I disagree. I believe most of the "advancements" we humans are stumbling upon are actually things we've always known, and are just remembering bit by bit. This being as we move closer to being an accepting and peaceful society. I wish someone, somewhere would invest money into a study of young childrens memories, looking for a collective knowledge of what has been, and what will be. I feel like children truly are the most knowledgeable beings on this earth. Adults can't even compare, because as we age, society conditions us to politically correct state of mind. PC is ridiculous. If everyone were as honest as children, there wouldn't been any need or place for it, but that's another topic.

Compassion is where it ends. Where you reach the higher state of consciousness that everyone on earth yearns for.

No offense meant, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and this is mine.
ElliottTarson

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

I`m about sick of all these "Love" threads, you people need to understand the world is not a very safe place, nor a very nice place it simply is. This hippie talk does nothing but give certain readers a false since of "feel good" for the moment and nothing more. Thats why you get so many one line replies like" oh what a beautiful post" give me a break, its a group of words arranged in ways to give the impression the world is full of sugar coated anuses. You peple stop sniffing lemon pledge and get up and actually do something to improve the world rather than spread dribble like this.

I plant trees for a living, so your welcome

I hope those trees don't shrivel up and die from being subjected to your bad vibes....

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix
I watched a documentary that's called "Why reading Matters".

In it, they state that the human brain is hardwired for EMPATHY. Other skills such as reading are learned skills but do not have a specific part of the brain that is located for that task. Every person's reading centers are different.

Reading is important, especially fiction, because we Empathize with the characters. We put ourselves in their shoes.

Empathizing is what our brain does best.
I suppose that's why children who don't really read much anymore are such Zombies these days....

For instance, when you watch someone dancing, your brain fires off as though you, yourself are performing the actual task of dancing.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Tripple_Helix because: (no reason given)

Very well said, and something I experience in every day life often. And yes, reading is Vital to our sustained society. You could say watching a movie does the same thing, and it does to some extent, but it doesn't stimulate the imagination the same way reading does. It can't possibly, being as you're given all the information in a visual form. It does the imagining work for you.

Reading, however, stimulates the mind to create a vision of your own to match the world you immerse in. Some good reads I could suggest would the the Hunger Games books, which have alot more symbolism and immersion than the silly movie; A Song Of Ice And Fire, a.k.a. Game of Thrones and the following books in the series; The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and the precursor The Hobbit; Anything written by John Ringo (If you're a sci-fi or military fiction fan), but most especially his Looking Glass series. I could go on...The point is that when you read, using your imagination, you'll find yourself considerably less stressed and able to view things from others points of view far more easily than someone who doesn't.

No offense meant, everyone is entitled to their opinion. This is mine.
ElliottTarson

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join