It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Next Major Human Advancement. HUGE.

page: 15
149
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by smithjustinb
 


I don't know about superiority, but survivalism is the huge roadblock to unity. As I have said numerous times, we keep focusing on survivalism when we already have everything we need. We've mastered the material, now is the time for the immaterial...mastering spirituality.

And this extrasensory compassion idea, on a global level (may as well start with the superpowers first, since they have the most influence and therefore do the mos damage) would take us on a huge step toward that spirituality.

Not superiority. Survivalism. Superiority bolsters the survivalism, but we have to attack the survivalism first. And compassion will definitely cut down on that habit.


-sigh- I should skip these posts, but it's hard:

Suvivalism is our NATURAL instinct. It is NOT a roadblock. It is NOT a detriment. It is NOT 'negative'. You'll never meditate away. Never!

We have mastered the material?? This is complete nonsense.

Master spirituality? We can't even prove we have a spirit! How about getting your heads out of the clouds and concentrating on your physical reality... after all, it's the world you live and breath in.

Attack the survivalism? There is so much wrong and untruthful with your post I feel if I keep addressing it, I will come off as insulting. Good luck in your battle.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Balkan because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by smithjustinb
 


I don't know about superiority, but survivalism is the huge roadblock to unity. As I have said numerous times, we keep focusing on survivalism when we already have everything we need. We've mastered the material, now is the time for the immaterial...mastering spirituality.

And this extrasensory compassion idea, on a global level (may as well start with the superpowers first, since they have the most influence and therefore do the mos damage) would take us on a huge step toward that spirituality.

Not superiority. Survivalism. Superiority bolsters the survivalism, but we have to attack the survivalism first. And compassion will definitely cut down on that habit.


-sigh- I should skip these posts, but it's hard:

Suvivalism is our NATURAL instinct. It is NOT a roadblock. It is NOT a detriment. It is NOT 'negative'. You'll never meditate away. Never!

We have mastered the material?? This is complete nonsense.

Master spirituality? We can't even prove we have a spirit! How about getting your heads out of the clouds and concentrating on your physical reality... after all, it's the world you live and breath in.

Attack the survivalism? There is so much wrong and untruthful with your post I feel if I keep addressing it, I will come off as insulting. Good luck in your battle.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Balkan because: (no reason given)


Survival is the name of the game when you do not know your true nature. Fear is the state when you think you can be destroyed.
You are spirit, everything is spirit and when you realize this you will not have to struggle to survive. You will know for sure that you are eternal. Only then will true compassion be known.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by Balkan

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by smithjustinb
 


I don't know about superiority, but survivalism is the huge roadblock to unity. As I have said numerous times, we keep focusing on survivalism when we already have everything we need. We've mastered the material, now is the time for the immaterial...mastering spirituality.

And this extrasensory compassion idea, on a global level (may as well start with the superpowers first, since they have the most influence and therefore do the mos damage) would take us on a huge step toward that spirituality.

Not superiority. Survivalism. Superiority bolsters the survivalism, but we have to attack the survivalism first. And compassion will definitely cut down on that habit.


-sigh- I should skip these posts, but it's hard:

Suvivalism is our NATURAL instinct. It is NOT a roadblock. It is NOT a detriment. It is NOT 'negative'. You'll never meditate away. Never!

We have mastered the material?? This is complete nonsense.

Master spirituality? We can't even prove we have a spirit! How about getting your heads out of the clouds and concentrating on your physical reality... after all, it's the world you live and breath in.

Attack the survivalism? There is so much wrong and untruthful with your post I feel if I keep addressing it, I will come off as insulting. Good luck in your battle.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Balkan because: (no reason given)


Survival is the name of the game when you do not know your true nature. Fear is the state when you think you can be destroyed.
You are spirit, everything is spirit and when you realize this you will not have to struggle to survive. You will know for sure that you are eternal. Only then will true compassion be known.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)


I would take your comment seriously if it had any meat to it, but it's just the same 'peace and love', 'eternal soul' nu-age parroting with no substance or any real truth or answers to it whatsoever, which then becomes that old standby trap in the argument where if I disagree with you I will automatically be branded 'negative', 'lower energy', atheist...etc.

No thanks.



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Our true nature, life, is a balance of things. Fear is balanced by hope, love is balanced by hate, acceptance is balanced by denial, and order is balanced by chaos.

It is true that, individually, you don't have to subscribe to "negative" things such as fear and hate, but as long as life continues to express itself, then these things will always be a manifestation of it somewhere. Survival isn't going anywhere ever. Survival is our drive that keeps us moving forward intellectually.

The trick to the game is finding a middle ground. Be a survivor.



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Our true nature, life, is a balance of things. Fear is balanced by hope, love is balanced by hate, acceptance is balanced by denial, and order is balanced by chaos.

It is true that, individually, you don't have to subscribe to "negative" things such as fear and hate, but as long as life continues to express itself, then these things will always be a manifestation of it somewhere. Survival isn't going anywhere ever. Survival is our drive that keeps us moving forward intellectually.

The trick to the game is finding a middle ground. Be a survivor.


You are regardless. I am is always.
Are you sat there reading this in a state of survival? Most humans are actually. They don't realize that they are safe and that there is nothing to worry about beause they have never given up on life. If they had they would realize that they don't have to survive because dying is harder. Life is living you and you don't realize it so you try to live it. Don't you ever think it's hard work? Of course you do, it's a struggle for survival.
Who are we really struggling with?

You have everything you need, everything is provided but the human mind 'hopes' for more.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan
 


Compassion is not assuming you already know. Writing the script is different than seeing the play.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
You have everything you need, everything is provided but the human mind 'hopes' for more.


No we don't. We still gotta hunt. We still gotta kill. It's not my mind that is hoping for more, it's my stomach.



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
You have everything you need, everything is provided but the human mind 'hopes' for more.


No we don't. We still gotta hunt. We still gotta kill. It's not my mind that is hoping for more, it's my stomach.


Do you kill your own food? Or do you find yourself shopping. Shopping and eating happen. You can just watch it happen. Is this a struggle for survival?



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
You have everything you need, everything is provided but the human mind 'hopes' for more.


No we don't. We still gotta hunt. We still gotta kill. It's not my mind that is hoping for more, it's my stomach.


Do you kill your own food? Or do you find yourself shopping. Shopping and eating happen. You can just watch it happen. Is this a struggle for survival?


Supply happens because of demand. Shopping and eating don't just happen. When I eat beef, I am responsible for the cow's death.



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Great post! I totally agree! Star & flag!



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This thread is a farce, theory of relativity indeed! It neglects to mention the REAL last great human invention... Silicone Implants



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
OP you're one hundred percent right because I've been having loads and loads of compassion lately, and trust me, it makes everything EVERYTHING so much easier.



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
s&f OP
for a wonderfully written thread.



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I don't think ESP would be good for anyone. As if this world wasn't getting lazy enough....



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg
 


So you think having such a deep connection that all lies would be seen and all pain would be avoided, and all misunderstanding becomes obsolete...this is a bad thing?

How would this make the world lazy? You make a statement, but show no logic for it. Explain yourself.
edit on CTuesdaypm343442f42America/Chicago08 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb
 


i quit reading after you wrote The last major human discovery was arguably Einstein’s theory of relativity. a theory isnt an advancement



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by OGOldGreg
 


So you think having such a deep connection that all lies would be seen and all pain would be avoided, and all misunderstanding becomes obsolete...this is a bad thing?

How would this make the world lazy? You make a statement, but show no logic for it. Explain yourself.
edit on CTuesdaypm343442f42America/Chicago08 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)



there are some things that should be kept secret. I certainly would not want to know a lot of people secrets, if anything I think it would make for much more upsets than it would positive things. And the idea of being able to think thoughts and messages to another makes it so we wouldn't even have to talk to communicate. Technology is making us lazier an lazier, a person could make tons of money and get plenty accomplished without ever leaving their home. Not saying this is exactly technology moreso than science I guess, but I feel like we getting closer and closer to every being done through some form of surrogate or something. Face to face interactions and using your hands is becoming obsolete.

An what if only some people could do it and not others? that would make the world an even more unbalanced place than it already is.



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb
 



The last major human discovery was arguably Einstein’s theory of relativity.


No it wasn't, not even close.

Relativity tells us absolutely nothing about the world, because it's just plain wrong.

And even if it WAS correct (which it's not) it doesn't have any practical applications in real life.

No human beings life has been made any better because of the theory of relativity, not one single person.

Your whole thread is basically just an attempt to glorify the theory of relativity, disguised as something meta-transcendental, isn't it?



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia
 


Considering the words "theory of relativity" have been mentioned much less often than "compassion" and "understanding", I would say your rather aggressive accusation is fairly off-base.

Try cooling down for a bit, screw your head on straight, then come back prepared to have a civilized conversation. Really, did you even bother reading the entire thread?



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23
 



Really, did you even bother reading the entire thread?


Nope.

I wasn't commenting on the entire thread, or the contents under discussion.

I was commenting on the opening of Op's.... well... OP.



Yeah... Compassion... good stuff.



new topics




 
149
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join