The Next Major Human Advancement. HUGE.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

This is for me the most meaningfull post I've read on ATS so far. The most important thing is to to unite the compassion of the people around the world who truelly understand the value of it. The governments main job is to resolve conflict, if there isn't any conflict then their job doesn't recieve as much power. They create conflict and separate its citizens by keeping us ignorant, distracted, and fearful. We have to come together connect and share ideas while we still can.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Talib23

Once everyone has ESP, there will be not NOT understanding it. Everyone will understand the full implications of everything they do, whether it be helping an old lady cross a street, or saving a man who is bleeding on the ground. Everyone, everywhere, all the time, will understand EXACTLY what they are doing. Not how or why, but what it does to everyone else as well.

When we have that level of understanding (and trust me, everyone will reach it...or they will go crazy trying to ignore it) we will no longer be an ignorant species. We will be swiftly on the way to reaching Global Consciousness, which extends to animals and nature as well...and we will be on the way to the salvation that everyone is desperate for.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Empathy is not purely intellectual. To copy its symptoms, that is intellectual. But not to actually FEEL empathy. Feelings are not intellectual. Only to express them is intellectual.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Xtrozero

Because you've studied evolution and all that for hundreds of years, and are paid to be completely spot-on with your research, right?

Thought not. And yet here we have thousands of scientists who ARE working with a hundred years worth of data, and ARE paid to be right, and they still don't know what you know?

Right. Keep dreaming. I'm getting a little tired of people who "know" what our brightest scientists have not been able to prove as a fact. Get real...

I'm not sure what you mean by 1000s of scientist....thing

I do know human nature and I know human history....

This is what I base my premise on. I'm not the one dreaming, I'm also not the one that is suggesting that humans will somehow have some drastic change for the better. Can you think of anything that started out as good or moral that human nature didn't corrupt?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench

What would make us "nicer" (not to be confused with weakness, nievety, etc) is the eradication of psychopathy. Not psychopaths, psychopathy. Though I don't know how this would be done, and yet I have numerous ideas swirling around, as well.

I think one of the main problems is humans have a pack mentality, and if you are not part of the pack then you are toast. Our intelligence allows us to have multi-layers within our pack, but we get very "psychopathic" to anyone not somewhere within those layers.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1

Imagining what life as a fly is like accomplishes what exactly? If "the one observer" cares about each of you, the fly and a person, equally, than what point would there be in evolution? There wouldn't be a need for it in the first place.

Compassion for a fly is a means of obtaining a broader understanding of life and thus a broader understanding of yourself. I don't see how the one observer's caring about us has anything to do with evolution.

You see, the fly to a fly is infinitely more fantastic that what a fly is to a human. And compassion is your only chance in understanding what that must be like

So knowing what it's like to be a fly is more "fantastic" than knowing what it's like to be a human? Or is being human knowing what it's like to be a fly...

Being a fly is more fantastic than being a human to a fly. I think when you automatically dismiss someone's ideas, you automatically fail to understand them. Such is the way of the ego and not of compassion and such is your way- the way of blind ignorance. The one who needs to learn about compassion is the very one dismissing it. How ironic.

So being a fly is more fantastic to the fly than being a human. So for a human, who is used to thinking that being a human is better than being anything else, to step out of that paradigm with compassion and realize that value is relative, a human is now opening him/herself up to a new kind of understanding. This new kind of understanding is one that attempts to view life from other angles to get a more complete picture.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

If a person doesn't kill a kid in cold blood because of the effect it would have on the kid's family, that's not compassion.

Yes it is funny guy.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The next major advancement you're saying is essentially one or more, spirituality/religion/philosophy. But those things have been around needless to say for a long time. New age is old hat, as is sometimes said.

No, I said the next major advancement is compassion. While it is an idea that's been around for a long time, its not one that people have been able to practice unconditionally.

Previously, people have picked and choosed who they would show compassion towards, picking out those whom they thought were in need. In picking prior to compassion, the object of compassion would usually have to fall under a very narrow and biased category, which would almost always leave the person spending more energy on judgement than actual compassion. That kind of compassion is weak and eventually gets abandoned altogether for a period of time.

Conditional compassion usually targets those in need. That's been our conception of what comapssion is for, so that's how we went about being compassionate. But actually, real compassion is one that does not discriminate. Real, unconditional compassion is offerred freely to every being. Compassion must precede judgment or it doesn't work. Since compassion is about putting yourself in other's shoes to gain understanding of what life is like from their perspective, how can you gain the understanding if you believe you already have them figured out?

Its not hard to see how compassion opens wider doors to understanding.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

What would make us "nicer" (not to be confused with weakness, nievety, etc) is the eradication of psychopathy. Not psychopaths, psychopathy. Though I don't know how this would be done, and yet I have numerous ideas swirling around, as well.

I think one of the main problems is humans have a pack mentality, and if you are not part of the pack then you are toast. Our intelligence allows us to have multi-layers within our pack, but we get very "psychopathic" to anyone not somewhere within those layers.

Superiority is definitely a barrier to unity consciousness. From the perspective of unity consciousness, it doesn't even make sense. How can you be better than yourself? How can another be not as good as you when the other, at some level, is you?

Transcending the idea of superiority will also be a major advancement.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I don't know about superiority, but survivalism is the huge roadblock to unity. As I have said numerous times, we keep focusing on survivalism when we already have everything we need. We've mastered the material, now is the time for the immaterial...mastering spirituality.

And this extrasensory compassion idea, on a global level (may as well start with the superpowers first, since they have the most influence and therefore do the mos damage) would take us on a huge step toward that spirituality.

Not superiority. Survivalism. Superiority bolsters the survivalism, but we have to attack the survivalism first. And compassion will definitely cut down on that habit.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

On the contrary, the main problems with humans is that they lack a pack mentality. The herd mentality now reigns where the pack mentality once use to.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Compassion for a fly is a means of obtaining a broader understanding of life and thus a broader understanding of yourself. I don't see how the one observer's caring about us has anything to do with evolution.

Considering the limited time and energy people possess, and complexity of just our species, I think suffice to say we have enough on our plate without delving into the workings of a fly or other creature. There's already enough diversity in people.

So being a fly is more fantastic to the fly than being a human. So for a human, who is used to thinking that being a human is better than being anything else, to step out of that paradigm with compassion and realize that value is relative, a human is now opening him/herself up to a new kind of understanding. This new kind of understanding is one that attempts to view life from other angles to get a more complete picture.

I don't say this to be intentionally insulting, but for brevity the saying comes to mind, "don't be so open minded that your brains fall out". To work on imagining you're a bug as something fruitful and productive...reminiscent of children really.

Being a fly is more fantastic than being a human to a fly. I think when you automatically dismiss someone's ideas, you automatically fail to understand them. Such is the way of the ego and not of compassion and such is your way- the way of blind ignorance. The one who needs to learn about compassion is the very one dismissing it. How ironic.

If someone's ideas aren't understandable, dismissing them makes sense. As far as "Such is the way of the ego and not of compassion and such is your way- the way of blind ignorance." I could say the same to you, but that's just a weak cop out and ego doesn't know truth.

Being compassionate or learning compassion isn't about being weak. Something that you seem to be missing.

On ATS, just because people don't always agree with you and stroke your ego, doesn't make them ignorant. That mentality does convey a sense of immaturity and ignorance though.

Another issue with your thread is that compassion, or whatever word you want to use, has been taught by spirituality/religions/philosophies throughout time, and yet we all here on ATS need to learn what compassion is from an anonymous, pseudo-authoritative source. Seems blind and full of ego.

You found something you found ironic, more ego stroking for you and you being much more intelligent than others. That defeats your entire thread right there, congrats.
edit on 5/6/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

On ATS, just because people don't always agree with you and stroke your ego, doesn't make them ignorant. That mentality does convey a sense of immaturity and ignorance though.

I don't care what you think of me, and I don't care if you "stroke my ego" or not. I was just letting you know that if you disagree that compassion is a good thing and that it could socially help a lot of people, then yeah, you're ignorant.
edit on 6-5-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Ever heard of the 5th element? No, not the movie with Chris Tucker parading about like a homosexual lol. Remember Captain Planet? Earth,Water,Wind,Fire....HEART!! I wonder why they just didnt say love. Now of course, there are more advanced,practical revelations to come. However, you can not say that compassion or love is not a major human advancement. Even quantum theory states that there is a 5th element or the "spiritual" element that binds the universe in perfect harmony. Well what does this mean? It simply means that scientific principles can be applied in human interactions. Think about it at a molecular level. Protons and neutrons "understand each other completely, know their roles, respective to each other,while working together to perform basic and complex functions". Imagine if this analogy was applied to society. ALOT of issues would be resolved with disregard to political interests,financial gain or attainment of power. Im sure we all have different religious beliefs, but at the core of any dogma is the message of love and its capabilities. It seems as though the further advanced we've become, the less dependent we became on interpersonal connections. Dont people realize that separation,greed, and hatred breeds collapse. This is exactly why the world is in the state that it is in. We are on the verge of total chaos, all in the name of greed and hatred.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Great way of looking at life in a whole new perspective. Something the Human race should have started analyzing a long time ago.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
beautiful post, admire the concepts and thoughts you bestow.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Global compassion is impossible unless there is compassion for the self. Compassion is unconditional love. Until one finds oneself as love there can be no compassion for anything or anyone. Most humans fear destruction and will do anything to survive. Because of this fear, compassion is given to some that are so called deserving and not to others who are so called dangerous or stupid. There must be an understanding of human nature to be compassionate to humans.
Compassion happens in the moment, right here and right now. As long as you are present with what is appearing, compassion is present. Compassion cannot happen if you are 'thinking' about how it will pan out, as long as there is no motive there will be compassion.
Being is compassionate.

TPTB use compassion every day to force money out of your pockets by showing adverts of starving children in Africa, they use global compassion to make you feel bad and strip you of your hard earned cash.
Fear (guilt) induced compassion is not compassion it is fear.
Real compassion comes from knowing who and what you are. When you know what you are, you will know what everything else is and then there will be no fear. When the 'human condition' of fear is gone all that is left is love.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Great Read, thanks

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Brilliant post, thanks.

Good to see this thread is still going too and that it's had so many replies.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
ESP would change nothing. We are still social primates who are ruled by our animal instincts (survival, reproduction, pursuing social status). As long as we have these instincts (and they are as natural to us as breathing) we will keep doing what we do, and a casual look at our history is more than enough to reveal our basic natures. Anyone who denies our history and our past has their head in the sand and isn't open to the truth about our species anyway. The best you can hope for is that genetically we figure out how to breed a gentler homo sapiens. In the end, we would still be social animals, ruled by our socially dynamic lives in the herd, thus you will always have leaders, followers, haves, and have nots...etc.

The sooner people understand this is instinctual behavior, completely natural, and has nothing to do with new age rhetoric from pseudo-intellectual hippies who go on about new ages of 'peace' and 'positive feelings', the sooner we can come to terms with what we really are. A social primate who spends most of it's life seeking social status, survival/reproduction... to that end we will always protect territories, make wars and kill others, elect leaders to guide the herd, power struggles to see who leads.. it's all right there if you open your eyes and see our reality for what it is. But my personal belief is that being the apex predator gives us an ego that blinds us from seeing our true nature. The thought of us just being out-of-control animals destroying ourselves is blasphemy to most people, even atheists.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join