It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Major Human Advancement. HUGE.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Being pretty much sold on something still leaves a chance for mind change. Even if I'm totally sold, I can still be persuaded otherwise because I personally will reevaluate my opinion once new information comes forward. Until then, yeah I'm pretty much sold its a bogus theory, but a cool pipedream.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I hope somebody reads this post! I think it could be one of the most important ones I've ever placed on a thread. So, here it goes..

Smithjustinb, that was a good read. But, that's not all I think. Your thread here goes exactly with the visions I've gotten. Not many may agree with my view of what is coming, but it can't be ignored that it fits. I believe we are going to be living in a world that is actually run with compassion. I believe we will be closer to our makers than ever before. And, I also believe these makers are not perfect people. They don't want to be 'worshiped'. But, they also didn't make Earth. They made a world where people established all the at least major countries you see here, but there were no diseases, pollution, and beings having to eat other living beings just to survive. Not only is that contradictory and unthinkable (at least to me), but it is dysfunctional and makes ever being born pointless. Earth is also a place made with the notion "HA HA, just TRY and survive!". This place I see is a world made by our makers that is made for LIVING, not 'trying to survive'. I believe we are going to transcend to that world sometime in 2012, and that this world is a big fake made by a dark force such as the Illuminati, etc., and we were all placed here and people were brainwashed and controlled. I don't believe people here have forgotten compassion. They've just been brought up insane and have lost how to 'apply' that compassion.

I believe there are already people, but extremely few, out there that have reached this compassion, and I'd like to believe I'm one of them. Fortunately, I don't think bugs on Earth have souls, and possibly not many other creatures. In the real world made by our makers, they are supposed to have souls except for the seafood. Some sea life is alive, but we eat the ones that aren't consciously alive.

I could feel for that lil fly if they have souls in the real world.. :3 Cheers!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zippidee
Well, the "one great observer" (almighty God), gave us dominion over the creatures of the earth

When animals eat humans, what does that say about us having dominion over them? Could it be that these man-eating lions, tigers n' dingos never got the message?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I absolutely agree with the tenor of your post. I call it EMPATHY. It is the ability to truly climb I since another person's head, to divorce oneself completely from preconception and prejudice. Only then can we see what they see and feel what they feel.

You are right on the money. Imagine an out of body experience where you could be Trayvon Martin. Live as he lived before he was shot, feel what it was like to be him and looked at like an animal. You would probably cry the first time somebody called you ngr. You would never be able to murder yourself after you were him.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

You make mention of various wold animals in your examples.

But see, here's the crux that everyone misses: survivalism.

If you aren't focused on surviving, strictly surviving to the next day, you can AFFORD to be compassionate. But it sounds as though you suggest compassion is unrealistic...this is not so. Compassion enables us to understand the pain of others, the struggles they go through, so that we don't make the mistake of putting them through more pain.

It's more of an agent of understanding than anything else. To condemn compassion is to condemn an understanding of external stress...and without understanding, we cannot hope to coexist.

I feel I'm being misunderstood. I'm not denouncing compassion, only the way it is used for vain reasons. It's not an agent of understanding, it's benevolence and piety. It's to appear compassionate, usually so one can have a reserved seat in the afterlife or for other petty reasons. This is true.

I understand where you folk are coming from, and the intention seems good, but if this was the way the world is supposed to be, then everyone would already be compassionate. But truthfully and obviously we're not that kind of animal.

Compassion wouldn't exist without a need for it, but it does because we're humans.

It seems to me you are born with a sense of compassion, when we talk of the real thing... or you are not.

I have had to withdraw more and more from the world as my feelings of compassion cause me great pain. I don't do a bunch of giving, but even as a small child I would watch people and animals see expression in their eyes, I would think about their responses and feelings and when they were in pain it hurt me.

I can't stop putting myself in another's shoes or hooves or whatever. it makes the world difficult as I can't fix things for any of the creatures here all I can really effect is how much I contribute to the suffering, and I do as you say, we all do. I am very selfish as I don't help anyone as it always ends up hurting me deeply since I can't fix things.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Once again the OP hits a home-run! I always enjoy reading your posts as they seem to put into words so eloquently some of the random thoughts I have throughout the week. I always leave a smithjustinb post feeling like I have a new understanding of the ultimate truth, or a reinforcement of an understanding that I already came to realize on my own accord, if that makes sense... Anyway, well done.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I must admit when I read the Thread title I thought:

"Here we go, another ego maniac who thinks they have it figured out."

Then I read the first paragraph thinking yeah this is going to be more of the same that I see on here nothing of value and all new age fluff.

Have I mentioned how rarely I am surprised on this forum? Well today was one of those days. To say I agree with the OP is an understatement. In fact what it describes is something I have been attempting to do for quite a few months now. The problem is habit and ego or habit of the ego, I'm not sure which but regardless I have seen the fruits of my labor. I suggest anybody looking to expand their consciousness try to look at life in this manner for even a couple of months and notice how their perception changes.

Without waxing lyrical too much just wanted to thank the OP for sharing their experiences and bringing this to a larger audience. This should be on the news but the word isnt ready...just yet.

I suggest everybody copy and paste this onto FB and use the machine against itself. Those who know will know what im talking about. FB may be a virus on human conscientiousness but with a little reprogramming can be turned into a retrovirus that heals the damage it has caused.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Three

So tell me. Why would humans have a soul but flies wouldn't?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

dont engage the ignorant, or they will drag you down to that level. just understand this is where they are at the moment and remember when you didn't get it. They will get it eventually.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The one thing that you need to be aware of is cultural lag.

The philosophy and science of the time of Aristotle was that the observer was all important and the observed object had little importance. Then almost 2000 years later, came Newton, Descartes etc., they imposed Cartesianism, which says that the observed object had all the importance and the observer had little importance. Then later came Einstein with the relativity, which says that the observed object and the observer are both important.

Today, we haven't yet integrated into our everyday way of thinking the conclusions of the works of Einstein, and it is because of cultural lag. Every (r)evolution in science leads to a (r)evolution in philosophy, and they both shape the world we live in.

If you want more info on that, look for "General Semantics" and Alfred Korzybski.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by smithjustinb

dont engage the ignorant, or they will drag you down to that level. just understand this is where they are at the moment and remember when you didn't get it. They will get it eventually.

Yeah, but I'm glad I had somebody smarter than me pushing me along to get it a little bit quicker.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Hello Ophiuchus, hope you are doing great!

I know this thread is very long and I am replying to a post on the first page, but you reminded me of something that millions of people around the world have seen and were intrigued by that concept being conveyed to them in a form of entertainment.

I know most of everyone who ever saw this movie liked it some even praising it as the best movie ever - others who didn't like it, but not many movies get the suggestion of being the best ever.

In this movie, there is an explanation of the way of life and how fragile it is, also confirming to the viewer that everything in their world is connected, from the most intelligent beings, to the smallest seed pods floating through the air. All the animals we would consider wild have a way to connect with the other animals, even what could seem like one of the lowest forms of life are portrayed as being the most wise of all life on their planet.

By now I am sure many of you reading this post have figured out that I am referencing the outrageously successful movie 'Avatar'. It may seem a bit fantastic to draw similarities between the film, this thread, and your post in particular, it's ok, because the movie is a fantasy!

I got the impression that the writers and creators of 'Avatar' were unmistakably trying to build a vision for the viewers of a planet and it's inhabitants being far more evolved, emotionally and spiritually than what we have constructed on Earth, with out planet and other beings here.

I also believe the creators of that movie are very intelligent, spending a lot of time researching and developing the story line. It seems they may have studied humans, then formed a think tank to determine all the things we feel would make up a veritable utopian society.

It seems we, as a race, may subconsciously long to evolve to a point where we can share certain aspects that were detailed in the movie. If it is even remotely possible to develop a real, tangible connection with all the life forms around, including Earth itself, we may be headed down that path.

Mass movements of intellectual revolution could push us to develop the traits displayed in that movie. Becoming individuals who subscribe to the line of thinking described in the OP could be a significant step in our journey to become truly connected with the Earth, all it's life, and the Universe.

It may be a slow process, but it is encouraging to see that we have enough knowledge to entertain this type of understanding. Solace may be found by those who take comfort in that knowledge, because we think these thoughts, we may most definitely be evolving in this direction.

Sorry for the super long reply
guess I kinda got carried away a little

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

I never realized how psychotic humanity is till I read this post. The scary thing from my perspective, is that most of the replies seem to agree and speculate on compassion as if they are incapable of really feeling it. Then again I shouldn't be all that surprised given how even the so called peaceful and enlightened people of ats routinely engage in self delusion depending on the topic(when talking about purely factual matters that leave little wiggle room for speculative opinions).

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

This is by far one of the best posts I've ever read on here, you've put into words something I've been trying to explain but wasn't clever or articulate enough to get out.
Bravo

S&F

If I could award applause I would

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

I never realized how psychotic humanity is till I read this post. The scary thing from my perspective, is that most of the replies seem to agree and speculate on compassion as if they are incapable of really feeling it. Then again I shouldn't be all that surprised given how even the so called peaceful and enlightened people of ats routinely engage in self delusion depending on the topic(when talking about purely factual matters that leave little wiggle room for speculative opinions).

Sociopaths & psychopaths surely exist, but I think the op was referring to people becoming empaths.
edit on 5-5-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
This is still a great thread though!.....sorry to be so picky

here is a cool video...I think everybody should see

edit on 4-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

I remember watching this video a few years ago. I like the part where he mentions that every single person on this planet descended from one woman, which is actually scientifically verifiable. I'm not Christian so I'm not going to get into the whole 'Adam & Eve' thing, but it is very interesting to think that we all share the same set of DNA. That's one thing that has always stuck in my head. Whenever I'm out in public and I see people walking around or speak to people that I've never met before, whether they be White, Asian, Native American or whatever, I think to myself "I don't know this person, yet technically I am related to him/her."

I think that's the next major stage of our evolving consciousness. Realizing that when we harm anybody, we're harming somebody in our family. Like it or not, humanity is basically one big family.

There is one thing I find strange about this though. Even though it has been scientifically proven that each present-day human has exactly the same set of genealogical ancestors, wouldn't that imply that we're all inbred?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

This is an example of someone who "gets it".

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I am happy to see this, we are all connected. When you hurt others you truly hurt yourself. Many of us are awakening from not knowing our true selves. This is the wonderful thing our creator has granted us. I hope many people start to experience what we know as truth. Never demonize a person because they know what life is. We share a great knowledge of the source.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5thElementWisdom

When you hurt others you truly hurt yourself.

This is truer than you might think. When you hurt others it is a reflection on you, and not your victim. Many times people do bad things to others because they think lesser of them. Like, it's okay to steal from someone because he's an idiot, or because he's weak. When, in reality, all this proves is that the thief is a thief, unrespectable, untrustable.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Your post was very profound. It brings to light the consciousness of the "one observer" as you call it. The oneness of all looking upon itself.

God created the universe to know himself. Through creation God comes to know himself. We come to know each other, but not as ourselves, rather we reach a gnosis of the one looking upon itself.

All things as one. What a wonderful thing to think about. A universal identity for everything. Not eternally infinite in its design, but rather in its intent. Its purpose. We realize that we are gazing at a mirror.

The reflection is universal though the image changes.

edit on 5-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join